Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Design Concepts Sportbar
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #26
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I'll hold on to my 2 bits as you are much closer to those in the know than I.
I have absolutely no inside information on pricing. None. Zero. Nada. Zip. No one at GM is talking Z/28 pricing. No one. I know Dealers that are almost begging to know. They have clients cash in hand waiting to get in line. They don't want to take money from those thinking the price will be x only to find out it is ZZ. They want to order 60 at $60K and 6 at $80+ They have received NO guidance on pricing.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #27
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Doc I am not arguing with your school of thought. Were I a betting man I would bet you the difference. Instead I will bet you 25 cents that I am closer on the price than you are.
....
Are you holding at $80k? You're on. $70k or higher you win; below $70k I win.
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #28
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Are you holding at $80k? You're on. $70k or higher you win; below $70k I win.
I think Scott Settlemire should hold on to our money to keep things on the up and up. I'll hand him my 25 cents at Tom Henry's Camaro Day next weekend.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #29
Mikes SS

 
Mikes SS's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 868
Don't forget, it costs more to remove parts from a car than what is originally designed for!!
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #30
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z51 or a 2014 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 5,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I have absolutely no inside information on pricing. None. Zero. Nada. Zip. No one at GM is talking Z/28 pricing. No one. I know Dealers that are almost begging to know. They have clients cash in hand waiting to get in line. They don't want to take money from those thinking the price will be x only to find out it is ZZ. They want to order 60 at $60K and 6 at $80+ They have received NO guidance on pricing.
I believe you. Still hoping for 60
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #31
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright
 
LOWDOWN's Avatar
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 3,802
Development co$t$: the more they're able to build, the lower the Unit Co$t (and, potentially, the Piece Co$t).

BUT...

The fewer they're ABLE to build, the greater the Unit Co$t.

I do NOT see this car being built in "unlimited numbers"...
__________________
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #32
mrvenicess

 
mrvenicess's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Venice Fl
Posts: 754
$59,900 plus freight, gas tax and options, IE a/c.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #33
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,861
...I'm pretty much convinced it's beyond my price range by all accounts so far and I'm trying to get over it....shoot I have the best Camaro ever made up 'till now anyway....and it's a sweet ride bar none, but I'm an adrenaline driver, and a Z-28 junky from my past, so you know how that goes....one can always be cautiously optomistic....within reason.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #34
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT
 
Sven59's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1 #182, 85 AMC Jeep CJ7
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,531
$72,995
__________________
"DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT THE HAMMER DOWN?"
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #35
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
$72,995
Are you wagering your 25 cents?
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #36
45thCamaro

 
45thCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...I'm pretty much convinced it's beyond my price range by all accounts so far and I'm trying to get over it....shoot I have the best Camaro ever made up 'till now anyway....and it's a sweet ride bar none, but I'm an adrenaline driver, and a Z-28 junky from my past, so you know how that goes....one can always be cautiously optomistic....within reason.
That's how I felt about the ZL1. I wanted a SS but being out of work pushed me into a 2LT/RS 45th. The difference in payment for me was almost double for a 2SS/RS 45th. Maybe one day in the future I would e able to find a preowned zl1.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #37
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,913
I forgot to make a phone call. I need to borrow 25 cents.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #38
2SSRS@Gen5diy
My other car is 2014 Z/28

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 11,114
IMO this car will be in $80K + range, and will only see 1500 made over 1-2 years, i hope i am off but do not think so.
__________________
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #39
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I forgot to make a phone call. I need to borrow 25 cents.
They have these things called cell phones now... you don't need to use pay phones anymore........
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #40
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 10,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post

Finally, he said that GM envisions the Z/28 having an appeal far beyond the muscle car or Camaro crowd. GM is banking on the Z/28 pulling in a whole new group of buyers that have traditionally gone with Euro's or even Vette's. He thinks that this new group of buyers will more than make up for the lack of traditional Camaro buyers that may not want to spend what it takes to get a Z/28.

He stressed that the Z/28 will not be for everyone

So, I left very excited and though I am not sure I will actually pull the trigger on one, it is nice to know that it looks as though people who want one and have the resources to get one will be able to do just that.
I'd say this part of the dealer's speculation is spot on....and the price?...Looking at how they may market this one, maybe 80k if you're lucky...I still think it will be even more...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:07 AM   #41
t&t moyer
It's all hers.
 
t&t moyer's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' SS/RS 1LE / 09' Hayabusa
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wellsville, NY / Kabul, Afghanistan
Posts: 477
If it falls in the sub-$70k range I'll be in line to dump my 1LE and order up a new Z/28 in a heartbeat. I'm not looking for a radio or air conditioning.............. Bare bones, that's it!!
__________________
Ordered: 2/14/2013 Delivered: 3/21/2013
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:41 AM   #42
Steve_RS_Camaro
Ain't Scared Racing Club
 
Steve_RS_Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Red Jewel RS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pleasant Hill, Iowa
Posts: 162
This is the first time I have had cash in hand $70 - $80K I have always bought off the shelf so to speek. I have usualy setteled for a used model 1 year or 2 old but this time I want a new Z28 my way. like I said I have cash in hand save just for this and if I can not get one because they only make 1500 and I do not know any GM big wigs to get my name to I will be so upset. I have saved thinking of the ZL1 but hearing roumers of the Z28 changed my mind and decided to wait and see what was coming then the unvailing I loved it and thought there it is "unlike the COPO that was basicly lotteryed off" I finaly have my chance at a great spiecal model Camaro. I hope there will be one for me I keep my eyes on this site daily and poke in on others from time to time. Looking forward to seeing my name on the list this spring as Z28 on order delivery date XXXX.
__________________


Steve_RS_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #43
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '13 Audi S4
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 7,799
I don't think the Z/28 as currently equipped brings in any "euros". There is nothing about this car that attracts an M3 or M5 buyer. AMG? Nope. Audi RS? Don't think so. Porsche? LOL, could tell you stories from when Mrs. Number 3 was Marketing Mgr. on Corvette and tried to get Porsche folks to consider a Corvette. Almost all would have picked a daily root canal over buying a Corvette.

The "kids" I know that are interested in cars are for the most part not interested in American or Muscle or Iconic.

It will be an awesome car and yes others will certainly consider it. But they will the ones that want a brutal, singularly focused automobile that gets there by force and lots of it.

Don't get me wrong. Love the car, love the concept (I would have done a $15,000 LS7 option on the 1LE but that's me) but IMO there won't be any "bringing in customers that never would have considered GM".

Also, that alllll being said, I hope I'm wrong.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #44
HeadonaStick
 
HeadonaStick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro V6
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sebastian, FL
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I don't think the Z/28 as currently equipped brings in any "euros". There is nothing about this car that attracts an M3 or M5 buyer. AMG? Nope. Audi RS? Don't think so. Porsche? LOL, could tell you stories from when Mrs. Number 3 was Marketing Mgr. on Corvette and tried to get Porsche folks to consider a Corvette. Almost all would have picked a daily root canal over buying a Corvette.

The "kids" I know that are interested in cars are for the most part not interested in American or Muscle or Iconic.

It will be an awesome car and yes others will certainly consider it. But they will the ones that want a brutal, singularly focused automobile that gets there by force and lots of it.

Don't get me wrong. Love the car, love the concept (I would have done a $15,000 LS7 option on the 1LE but that's me) but IMO there won't be any "bringing in customers that never would have considered GM".

Also, that alllll being said, I hope I'm wrong.
Interesting conversation over in the Porsche forums about the Z/28 and a lot are very interested in the Z/28.

I think price is going to be important on that score - I don't see many trading in their Porsches for a Z/28 at the same price point.
HeadonaStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #45
Justin Moreno
 
Justin Moreno's Avatar
 
Drives: G5.R shotgun
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I don't think the Z/28 as currently equipped brings in any "euros". There is nothing about this car that attracts an M3 or M5 buyer. AMG? Nope. Audi RS? Don't think so. Porsche? LOL, could tell you stories from when Mrs. Number 3 was Marketing Mgr. on Corvette and tried to get Porsche folks to consider a Corvette. Almost all would have picked a daily root canal over buying a Corvette.

The "kids" I know that are interested in cars are for the most part not interested in American or Muscle or Iconic.

It will be an awesome car and yes others will certainly consider it. But they will the ones that want a brutal, singularly focused automobile that gets there by force and lots of it.

Don't get me wrong. Love the car, love the concept (I would have done a $15,000 LS7 option on the 1LE but that's me) but IMO there won't be any "bringing in customers that never would have considered GM".

Also, that alllll being said, I hope I'm wrong.
Z/28 is pulling in people from all over, not just American car consumers. Just look around at the other forums.

Here's a thread on bimmerpost

And if you haven't seen the thread I made on the Porsche crowd here's a link

This forum has at least 2 new active members from rennlist because of this car.

I think its pretty clear GM has grabbed the attention of the euro market. Well... i guess it would be more accurate to say that GM is pulling the track folk, who tend to buy euro because they can turn but don't care as much for the luxury... I.e. they just want performance. many of the euro sports car buyers want a combo of luxury and performance which this doesnt offer. I think it's great and I'm super stoked to see what GM has in store for the 6th gen with a fresh start.
__________________

Last edited by Justin Moreno; 07-10-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Justin Moreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #46
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT
 
Sven59's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1 #182, 85 AMC Jeep CJ7
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Are you wagering your 25 cents?
Do I have to go that high?
__________________
"DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT THE HAMMER DOWN?"
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #47
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1 #206 (SOLD) 6th Gen?
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 5,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Considering some of the parts in the ZL1 are stamped Z/28 and the 1LE came out after the ZL1 that might be debatable.
GM messed up naming the 1LE, ZL1 and Z/28 what it is today. Someone didnt fully think out the process. They named the ZL1 the "Ultimate" Camaro but yet the Z/28 is suppose to claim that title along with the $64,995-72,995 price point. Now there is the 1LE whom is just caught in the middle. Who would have thought the rims that come standard on a 1LE would be as popular, if they weren't alot of people would be saying the $3500 option isn't all that worth it.

GM needs to think of better associated names with the trim levels in the future to keep this boat afloat.

You can bet your bottom dollar forums are talking about the Z/28 after all the Z28 or Z/28 is what car enthusiasts know when it comes to the Camaro. Why wouldn't they.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #48
S-eatin-grin

 
S-eatin-grin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR LS3 2SS/RS white stripes
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: WV
Posts: 1,018
Truly an awesome car...but still a heavy Camaro compensated by high tech components. I think GM will not have any problems finding enough fat wallets or fat egos to buy how ever many it decides to make. I do however doubt how many "euro" buyers will be attracted to this car. It still has the stigma of being a Camaro and a lot of the euro crowd simply see GM products as beneath them. These cars will sell to true track guys and others who have to have that name Z28 nameplate. I know to one of the latter exmaples. He says he is getting a Z28 with A/C and every other comfort option available.
__________________
DSS 1400HP axles, DSS driveshaft.
BMR driveshaft loop, 1" lowering springs, sways, trailing arms, toe rods, links, total suspension pro-version poly bushings.

1 7/8 ARH long tubes, 3" cat back, Dynomax VT axle-back.

Edelbrock E-force SC with 3.25" pulley, JRE e-force fuel rail mod, 850cc Dynamic injectors, LPE twin fuel pump, JRE rough idle blower cam kit, Roto-fab e-force intake, RX catch can.
Jannetty Racing Tuned: 622 rwhp / 582 rwtrq
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #49
shaffe

 
Drives: 2012 Focus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burr Ridge
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin View Post
Truly an awesome car...but still a heavy Camaro compensated by high tech components. I think GM will not have any problems finding enough fat wallets or fat egos to buy how ever many it decides to make. I do however doubt how many "euro" buyers will be attracted to this car. It still has the stigma of being a Camaro and a lot of the euro crowd simply see GM products as beneath them. These cars will sell to true track guys and others who have to have that name Z28 nameplate. I know to one of the latter exmaples. He says he is getting a Z28 with A/C and every other comfort option available.
Unfortunate but true. It's "still" a camaro and "still" a GM. Too many snobs out there
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #50
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z51 or a 2014 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 5,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
GM messed up naming the 1LE, ZL1 and Z/28 what it is today. Someone didnt fully think out the process. They named the ZL1 the "Ultimate" Camaro but yet the Z/28 is suppose to claim that title along with the $64,995-72,995 price point. Now there is the 1LE whom is just caught in the middle. Who would have thought the rims that come standard on a 1LE would be as popular, if they weren't alot of people would be saying the $3500 option isn't all that worth it.

GM needs to think of better associated names with the trim levels in the future to keep this boat afloat.

You can bet your bottom dollar forums are talking about the Z/28 after all the Z28 or Z/28 is what car enthusiasts know when it comes to the Camaro. Why wouldn't they.
The ZL1 is the ultimate Camaro. It can do everything. I personally think GM has put the Camaro and its offerings in perfect order.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.