Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #15
KICKER

 
KICKER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: PENSACOLA FLORIDA
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry.S View Post
I would cut a little more than the panel and lay it on while it's on the door since your not taking the panel off. Then heat it up a bit and tuck it in best you can with something skinny like a scraper and cut around the panel
Yep. What he ^^^^^ said!
__________________
KICKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #16
13blackLS
 
13blackLS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 camaro ls; 2005 rx8
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Hey that ain't a bad idea, any idea if it would be ok to use 2" or go smaller?
As long as the edge will bend along the curve it wont matter...i usuall use half inch tape for outlines anf fill space with two inch...but if you can get the two inch to curve around then it wont make a difference
13blackLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #17
Brandywine5
 
Brandywine5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Allentown, Pa
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
I am not going to take the panels out of the doors.
I just did mine. I took the panels out per the instructions. I would not have gotten such a clean job by not taking them out. The choice is yours.
Brandywine5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #18
KICKER

 
KICKER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: PENSACOLA FLORIDA
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a door panel template?
I bought some custom vinyl and want to put in on the door
panels. If not, does anyone know an easy way I can cut the
vinyl so it will be a great fit? If I can't find a template I am going
to try to make one out of cardboard and then use that as a
template to cut the vinyl. My fear is I won't be able to cut the
cardboard as accurate as I want it to be

Russ
I was thinking today, if you don't know anyone with vinyl experience and you want to do it yourself, check out videos on YouTube.
Man, you can learn how to do almost anything on YouTube.
Do a search and see what comes up.
__________________
KICKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #19
OHIOSS
Russ
 
Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,615
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KICKER View Post
I was thinking today, if you don't know anyone with vinyl experience and you want to do it yourself, check out videos on YouTube.
Man, you can learn how to do almost anything on YouTube.
Do a search and see what comes up.
I have watched a couple of video's, knowing HOW to do it is totally different that actually doing it. My problem is I have very poor dexterity in my hands especially for doing something slow and accurate. I would be happy to pay someone to do it but I don't even know who to call. You guys that had the work done, how did you find someone to do it?


Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #20
KICKER

 
KICKER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: PENSACOLA FLORIDA
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
I have watched a couple of video's, knowing HOW to do it is totally different that actually doing it. My problem is I have very poor dexterity in my hands especially for doing something slow and accurate. I would be happy to pay someone to do it but I don't even know who to call. You guys that had the work done, how did you find someone to do it?


Russ
Russ, I used a place called Kool-graphics. So look for a vinyl graphics place, a vinyl car wrap place, vinyl sign maker, definitely a sign making shop in your area. SOMEBODY should be able to help you.

You are right. I would rather pay somebody that knows how to do the job right.

Good luck OHIOSS !
__________________
KICKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #21
OHIOSS
Russ
 
Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,615
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Thanks for the suggestions , I have emailed a sign company and also a graphics company
to see if either of them will quote me. It will be a time only job since I already bought
the vinyl. I'm guessing less than 2hrs to install on the door panels and dash trim. Does
that sound about right??
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:04 AM   #22
KICKER

 
KICKER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: PENSACOLA FLORIDA
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Thanks for the suggestions , I have emailed a sign company and also a graphics company
to see if either of them will quote me. It will be a time only job since I already bought
the vinyl. I'm guessing less than 2hrs to install on the door panels and dash trim. Does
that sound about right??
Yep. My installer finished both doors in about an hour.
So throw in the dash strip & you are looking at just a little longer. (I am gonna go back and get my dash done)

I think that you will like it & hope that you enjoy it!
__________________
KICKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #23
OHIOSS
Russ
 
Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,615
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Yippeee, I emailed pics to a guy that makes vinyl graphics and he agreed to do it for me next week. Then I will have to remove all of the trim to get it painted to match the door panels and the dash strip.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #24
KICKER

 
KICKER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: PENSACOLA FLORIDA
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Yippeee, I emailed pics to a guy that makes vinyl graphics and he agreed to do it for me next week. Then I will have to remove all of the trim to get it painted to match the door panels and the dash strip.

Russ
Hey OHIOSS, what day are you scheduled to get that vinyl done?
I want to see it!
__________________
KICKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #25
OHIOSS
Russ
 
Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,615
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KICKER View Post
Hey OHIOSS, what day are you scheduled to get that vinyl done?
I want to see it!
Tomorrow Tuesday July 9th. I will PM you some pics when it's done.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:19 AM   #26
KICKER

 
KICKER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: PENSACOLA FLORIDA
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Tomorrow Tuesday July 9th. I will PM you some pics when it's done.
Great. Hey, post'em up here too!

Camaro lovers want to see!
__________________
KICKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #27
OHIOSS
Russ
 
Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,615
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Ok I finally had the vinyl put on my doors and dash. It was very humid today so the dash pieces didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. The doors turned out great but the long piece of the dash trim will need to be replaced when it gets cooler and less humid. Opinions?

Russ
Attached Images
   
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:36 AM   #28
KICKER

 
KICKER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: PENSACOLA FLORIDA
Posts: 1,200
I like it!
I think it looks good!
__________________
KICKER is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.