Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
HubStep
 
HubStep's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfkwthabl View Post
Wow I'm surprised that more ppl then just me are having this problem. Since the reflector has no more room to go higher. Is there any ways that I can aim the whole headlight up a bit so the the whole headlight is reflected a little more upward. Im going to test placing washers on the bottom 2 screws of the headlight. I will be working on this Tuesday to see if it works. If anyone has any other ideas I would like to try them to see what will work best to correct this issue.

I considered this but instead chose to just mail the unit back for warranty service. I wasn't going to accept that because if it's broken out of the box what else could go wrong 6 months from now?

As far as using the washers, I was concerned about interference with the front facia. There's not a whole lot of room there and for me the # of washers need would have made it awkward looking. I have to have my car symmetrical!

IF it works though please post pics of that particular light against the grill!
HubStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #19
Unfkwthabl
 
Unfkwthabl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 V6 Synergy Green Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wood Dale, IL
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3n0s52 View Post
I considered this but instead chose to just mail the unit back for warranty service. I wasn't going to accept that because if it's broken out of the box what else could go wrong 6 months from now?

As far as using the washers, I was concerned about interference with the front facia. There's not a whole lot of room there and for me the # of washers need would have made it awkward looking. I have to have my car symmetrical!

IF it works though please post pics of that particular light against the grill!
Let me know how the warranty service goes I might try that if the washers make it look really awkward.
Unfkwthabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #20
Unfkwthabl
 
Unfkwthabl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 V6 Synergy Green Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wood Dale, IL
Posts: 247
I ended up placing 5 washers behind the bottom headlight screws and it solved my problem perfectly. I also checked and my headlights look symmetrical. You would never know I did this unless I told you. The cutoff line and light output is perfect. Here is a picture showing the washers on the bottom of the headlight.

Unfkwthabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:57 AM   #21
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'
 
FL1CK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA (Eastlake)
Posts: 3,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfkwthabl View Post
I ended up placing 5 washers behind the bottom headlight screws and it solved my problem perfectly. I also checked and my headlights look symmetrical. You would never know I did this unless I told you. The cutoff line and light output is perfect. Here is a picture showing the washers on the bottom of the headlight.

By symmertical I hope you're not meaning the cutoff line is completely straight. It should drop on the driver's side still... as stated earlier in the thread.
__________________
I am not childish, you're just being a poopy head!
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #22
HubStep
 
HubStep's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL1CK View Post
By symmertical I hope you're not meaning the cutoff line is completely straight. It should drop on the driver's side still... as stated earlier in the thread.
No, I believe he was referring to a concern I mentioned to him in PM about the headlight modules appearing symmetrical after putting the washers in.
HubStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #23
moyn
M0yn
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro Inferno Orange Metallic
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfkwthabl View Post
I'm in the process of aiming my headlight and I cant get the drivers side headlight to raise enough to aim correctly. Everytime I try and raise the lights using the stock light screw it goes up but not high enough for correct visibility. I tried screwing it all the way but eventually it just pops out the housing. Is there something I am missing to get the cutoff line higher. The passenger side works fine also. Any advice on wht to do will be greatly appeciated.



I ended up placing 5 washers behind the bottom headlight screws and it solved my problem perfectly. I also checked and my headlights look symmetrical. You would never know I did this unless I told you. The cutoff line and light output is perfect. Here is a picture showing the washers on the bottom of the headlight.

did you have to get a longer screw when you added those washers? i'm having the SAME issue. i raise the headlights up and the housing just snaps off. i had to completely unseal my headlights again just to snap it back in place. all the photo's i see of how great these projectors are, and yet i can't see 50ft in front of me. pretty disappointing. i'm tired of taking that bumper off and on. but once i do again i think i'll try out the washer method. until then i guess it's gonna be a lot of slow driving at night and hopefully avoiding it all together

anyone else have some suggestions? i was almost wondering if maybe when i screwed down the projector if it's just aimed alittle lower??? is that even possible
moyn is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.