Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #26
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
Yes it will drain the battery if it sits for awhile but all you need is a Ctek charger (50-60 bucks) and that will not be an issue. Or place a switch on the hot wire to turn them off when car is stored. Two easy solutions there as I dont think any fix is planned. If it is a daily driver then it is not an issue.
did you hook up show mode??
Old 03-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #27
Childs Play
Is this thing working?

Drives: 2014 Versa POS
I've had a few issues with mine but each time I sent them back to technostalgia with no problems. Best bet is to buy them local (Which I didn't do) so the company here has to deal with technostalgia and warranty stuff and you dont. If... something like that happens.

H-Town Camaro Club FTW!

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, CAI intake and Kooks Headers.
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6 Bone Stock.
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #28
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-22 View Post
did you hook up show mode??
Yes I did. I placed a switch on the negative line and mounted in my trunk. Works great.
Forgestar F14s, Vredestein Ultrac Vorti, DBA Series Gold Hat XS Drilled and Slotted Rotors , Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, Magna Flow cat back exhaust, CAI Cold Air, Painted Heritage Grill, Ducted Street scene lower grill, Technostalgia LED Tail Lights, Lite-Right LED All in One Harness and 5k DRLs, Diode Dynamics cup holder and foot well lights, Oracle mail slot scanner, Wheel well lights, Emblem Pros lighted under hood bowtie, Billet interior and engine bay upgrades, Ghost Armor, Lloyd's interior and trunk carpet
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #29
AKA-22

Quote:
Yes I did. I placed a switch on the negative line and mounted in my trunk. Works great.
im just wondering if hooking to show mode causes the battery drain
Old 03-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #30
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

If you don't ground the negative line show mode will not work. If the line is grounded show mode will stay on and regular function will not work.
Forgestar F14s, Vredestein Ultrac Vorti, DBA Series Gold Hat XS Drilled and Slotted Rotors , Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, Magna Flow cat back exhaust, CAI Cold Air, Painted Heritage Grill, Ducted Street scene lower grill, Technostalgia LED Tail Lights, Lite-Right LED All in One Harness and 5k DRLs, Diode Dynamics cup holder and foot well lights, Oracle mail slot scanner, Wheel well lights, Emblem Pros lighted under hood bowtie, Billet interior and engine bay upgrades, Ghost Armor, Lloyd's interior and trunk carpet
Old 03-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #31
AKA-22

Quote:
If you don't ground the negative line show mode will not work. If the line is grounded show mode will stay on and regular function will not work.
yeah so if you dont hook ground for show mode does it still put drain on battery ??i dont not have the show mode connected and not had a problem and my car sets all summer long.....
Old 03-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #32
Chevrolade

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Anyone got a clip of how these look ?
Chevrolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #33
AKA-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolade View Post
http://www.cool-leds.com/2010camaro-taillights.htm all i can tell you is these are bad ass just make sure you get version 2 6701-B i have the first version and had problems
Old 03-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #34
Ice992
Semper Fi

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Can't wait to get a set myself!!

Ready to live life on your terms?

-H-Town Camaro Club-
Ice992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #35
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-22 View Post
yeah so if you dont hook ground for show mode does it still put drain on battery ??i dont not have the show mode connected and not had a problem and my car sets all summer long.....
Yes it does as the battery drain is not show mode related.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #36
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: 2011 2SS L99 SGM 2013 2SSRS LS3 BRM

Installed a couple of days ago, good directions, pretty straight forward. Hard to get your hands into the nuts holding the lights in place but the rest is fairly easy. No issues, everything works like advertised. I did not hook my show mode up yet, not crazy about mounting a switch anywhere.
These do put a constant 9 milliamp draw on the battery so if your car sits longer than 2 or 3 weeks at a time you should use a trickle charger or disconnect from the battery.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #37
AKA-22

just solved the problem with battery drain with these lights..ran hot from console to trunk and works like a charm no drain on battery ..
Old 07-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #38
Medic726

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Yellow Auto
So is the battery drain an issue for Daily Drivers?
Medic726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #39
Ice992
Semper Fi

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic726 View Post
So is the battery drain an issue for Daily Drivers?
Nope!

Only the cars that sit for 2-3 weeks at a time.

I have had a set for 3 months now with no battery issues even on a 7 day stretch I was out of town and the car sat.

Had to replace 1 light already though.., but them local if you can... Well worth being able to pull up and tell them to warranty it.

Ready to live life on your terms?

-H-Town Camaro Club-
Ice992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #40
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Ok I have a question about the battery drain. My wife has had these lights for two years now. Recently she has had dead battery. Did load test and as suspected still pulls small load with these hooked up. I am away right now so have not tested to see if it still drains with show mode unhooked. Thought maybe I had a weak switch or something. Sounds like from the last few post is will still draw on battery. I see that AKA-22 changed his hot wire location and no more draw. I don't recall where they are getting power from right now. I thought it was thru the factory harness but now that I think about it I'm not sure. Could someone refresh my memory and AKA could you be more specific on your new installation please. Things like this always happen when I'm 8000 miles away. Thx for the help guys.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #41
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS with Gun metal Gray Stripes
Could someone post a DIY for the kill switch hook up to stop the battery drain for us Non Daily drivers?

Blk-Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #42
Broffermoon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
I have had mine for over a year, put them in last summer. Great mod and no problems. I hooked up show mode with a switch because I turn them on at car shows. It looks cool and draws a crowd. Low current draw in show mode. Can run all day and still plenty of juice to start car. About current draw......battery tender. For under 50 bucks, good stuff for people who park their Camaro for length of time, like me.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #43
ubrimah
Oreo

Drives: Summit White LT/RS A6
Question, I've heard a lot about the bolts being difficult to get to and since I have large hands I'd like to get whatever tools I need beforehand. Does anyone know what I would need to reach those tricky bolts?

ubrimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #44
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrimah View Post
Question, I've heard a lot about the bolts being difficult to get to and since I have large hands I'd like to get whatever tools I need beforehand. Does anyone know what I would need to reach those tricky bolts?
Dont know of any special tools you can use, but i would get a friend with small hands help you if i where you.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #45
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

I have very large hands myself and although difficult I was able to switch out the lights easier then some of my friends with smaller hands.

I do not know of any tools that can help the process.

Everything was just finger tight when I removed the OEM lights and I was able to finger tight these lights back on the same way.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #46
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolade View Post

This one is not specific to the tail lights but it has some cool shots of them.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #47
KFranklin11

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS Summit White
Mine are stuck in show mode and won't come out. I even put electrical tape on the show mode wire. Help please
KFranklin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #48
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 05 Jag S type R
I have had mine for over a year with no problems other than the dead battery.
I have a question regarding running a not wire from a switched source to stop the battery drain. If you do this, will the hazards still work with the key off? I am thinking they won't.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, No Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote