Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #6651
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,476
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
That's what I mean by rockin and rollin... work work work... the fun stuff
lol, yeah there is that.... and.... Corey still has to run a business.... We'll get her done though...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #6652
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,356
So is Brandy going to make an appearance at another mile this year brother??
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #6653
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,476
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
So is Brandy going to make an appearance at another mile this year brother??
I'm signing up.... and hopefully my schedule works out for it....

There is supposed to be a new organization that is also going to be running a mile event in houston.... Hopefully one or the other...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #6654
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I'm signing up.... and hopefully my schedule works out for it....

There is supposed to be a new organization that is also going to be running a mile event in houston.... Hopefully one or the other...
Hmmm hadn't heard about the Houston one. Ellington Field has been getting pretty popular for this kind of stuff. The Venom GT did runs there this year along with the 1/2 mile event a couple months ago.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #6655
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,912
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
When will you see Cory again?
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #6656
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,476
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
When will you see Cory again?
When I get back from work in several weeks... What'cha need....
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #6657
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,476
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Hmmm hadn't heard about the Houston one. Ellington Field has been getting pretty popular for this kind of stuff. The Venom GT did runs there this year along with the 1/2 mile event a couple months ago.

I've heard it from several people in the land speed arena...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #6658
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,912
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
When I get back from work in several weeks... What'cha need....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=4832
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #6659
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,476
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I forwarded that to him and cc'ed you.... hopefully the two of you can make some sort of determination....
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #6660
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,912
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I forwarded that to him and cc'ed you.... hopefully the two of you can make some sort of determination....
Cool.

I think those shavings are from the pump and the rest of the motor should be fine. The filter stopped 100% of them so in my non-professional opinion I should be able to change the pump and be good.

But some others on here say I should break it down further for some visual. Which they certainly are not wrong. Just wanting to get more opinions.

If I break it down more there will be upgraded part going in whether I find problems or not. haha
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #6661
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,476
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Cool.

I think those shavings are from the pump and the rest of the motor should be fine. The filter stopped 100% of them so in my non-professional opinion I should be able to change the pump and be good.

But some others on here say I should break it down further for some visual. Which they certainly are not wrong. Just wanting to get more opinions.

If I break it down more there will be upgraded part going in whether I find problems or not. haha
That's a good one for Corey.....
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:54 AM   #6662
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Great timing....

I leave tomorrow for work, and my new turbos are finally shipping...

Bout my luck... Oh well.... They are on the way...


Woah....dude....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #6663
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,912
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

Woah....dude....
I know. :(
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #6664
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,496
Be safe out there Mr. Robert.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #6665
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,476
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Be safe out there Mr. Robert.
Thanks Pete... It's gonna be a hot one.... Leaving the house here in a bit after I eat... Drive all night...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #6666
CamaroJoe96
 
CamaroJoe96's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Full Bolt on LFX M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago,Illinois
Posts: 406
Rob,
I sell subscriptions for the newspaper at grocery stores for my job, it's not a bad gig for being 16 lol... Anyways, since I have a lot of down time, I find myself constantly searching for something to occupy myself, and I came across this thread... I read it it from page 1 to 267.... It took me 2 months! Now that I'm done reading it, I'll for sure have to quit my job. Out of all 267 pages, the post about pooping made me lose it!
__________________
CamaroJoe96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #6667
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,356
Turbo's coming while your going out, damn that sucks! Be safe out there Robert and keep your head on a swivel!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #6668
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,476
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJoe96 View Post
Rob,
I sell subscriptions for the newspaper at grocery stores for my job, it's not a bad gig for being 16 lol... Anyways, since I have a lot of down time, I find myself constantly searching for something to occupy myself, and I came across this thread... I read it it from page 1 to 267.... It took me 2 months! Now that I'm done reading it, I'll for sure have to quit my job. Out of all 267 pages, the post about pooping made me lose it!
Lol, wow and welcome Joe... You have a lot of patience... What's helped so much with this tread is the great people that have come through here... You're always welcome...

Popping, I believe Tag posted that... He's a nut, as are most in here...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #6669
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,020
You missing the fest?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #6670
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,476
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
Turbo's coming while your going out, damn that sucks! Be safe out there Robert and keep your head on a swivel!
It is what it is... I'm busy as a cut worm so I haven't even checked with Corey for updates...

Neck is lubed up and staying on the swivel.

Been following along but haven't been posting much... Too busy and ready for bed when I get off work...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #6671
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,476
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
You missing the fest?
Not as of right now... My plan is to leave the rig that Wednesday, head from Pascagoula to Galliano La., get my truck and drive straight o Indy... Nothing is in stone, but that's the plan... I'll be without the car but still get to visit... I hope you'll be there... I'll probably get there late late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning...

Some of this is dependent on how my mouth feels, three weeks post surgery and I'm still on a mostly liquid diet...however if I can manage at work, I can certainly manage at the Fest... And there should be some liquid pain killer...

That is if you guys will let me there in a Ford truck...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #6672
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Not as of right now... My plan is to leave the rig that Wednesday, head from Pascagoula to Galliano La., get my truck and drive straight o Indy... Nothing is in stone, but that's the plan... I'll be without the car but still get to visit... I hope you'll be there... I'll probably get there late late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning...

Some of this is dependent on how my mouth feels, three weeks post surgery and I'm still on a mostly liquid diet...however if I can manage at work, I can certainly manage at the Fest... And there should be some liquid pain killer...
Come to Indy and Ill make your mouth feel better sweetie!

Ted is prepping the car and making some changes this week. Should be all set and roll in on Wed night.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #6673
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,476
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Come to Indy and Ill make your mouth feel better sweetie!

Ted is prepping the car and making some changes this week. Should be all set and roll in on Wed night.
... That'll work towards making the mouth fel better, or at least I won't care...

Cool deal on the updates... If you're in the parking lot and see a huge King Ranch roll in, come say hey..
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #6674
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
... That'll work towards making the mouth fel better, or at least I won't care...

Cool deal on the updates... If you're in the parking lot and see a huge King Ranch roll in, come say hey..
10/4. Hopefully you'll make up and some of the other fast Texas guys. MLEE not included in that group!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #6675
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,506


__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
203.4, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, mike@thepowdercoater, pedders, rockland standard gear, rx catch can, slayer triple carbon clutch, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.