Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hellion Power Systems
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
Tran
Administrator
 
Tran's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE baby
Posts: 5,040
Post GM sanctioned 2009 SEMA Camaros list announced

As featured on homepage.

The 2010 Camaro is one of the most anticipated cars for this year's 2009 SEMA show (November 3-6). Last year's show saw GM bring a lineup of its own concept design cars (see post here). For the 2009 SEMA show, the GM Design Team has chosen and awarded the following 8 car designers/tuners each their own Camaro to build on behalf of GM. The winning list includes some SEMA veterans, such as Rick Bottom and Neil Tjin.

-- Tjin Edition – Neil Tjin
-- National Guard – Nick Ashby
-- Rick Bottom Designs – Rick Bottom
-- Sound Choice Audio and Performance – Mark Abate
-- Bomex Aero
-- DSO Eyewear
-- Conrad Grunewald
-- Trent’s Trick Upholstery


Judging by the past creations of these designers, the one thing we can be sure of seeing at SEMA are fully customized Camaros, from top to bottom, inside to out. For example, Neil Tjin's "Tjin Edition Modern Hot Rod Chevy Camaro" will feature custom iForged 3-piece wheels wrapped in Falken tires; SSBC brakes; Air Lift suspension and a custom-built engine with JE pistons, Vortech supercharger, BDL accessories, MagnaFlow exhaust, American Racing headers and a Nitrous Express setup. The interior will feature GlowShift gauges, be carbon fiber trimmed with Status Racing carbon fiber seats and fitted with a Realm Audio system, as well as a Webasto sunroof. The exterior will feature black light WurkZ LED headlamps, Ignited HIDs and full-house Dupont custom green paint scheme.

Preview images of these designer Camaros will be released later this summer.

__________________
>>> Visit our CAMARO BLOG <<<<
>>> Visit our CORVETTE BLOG <<<<
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
Jferrell88

 
Jferrell88's Avatar
 
Drives: black 2ss/rs
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Proctorville, OH
Posts: 751
sounds pretty awesome
__________________
Jferrell88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
Andro
NOICE!!! ™
 
Andro's Avatar
 
Drives: Force Fed 427
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: GOT BOOST?
Posts: 5,216
__________________
Andro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot
 
Kilo-9's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,386
Sounds cool, but I'm still waiting to see what Chip Foose can do with this car.
__________________
Kilo-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
bnkriggs
5GCRGV.com
 
bnkriggs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Silv Camaro, 03 Blu Vette
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Benito,Texas
Posts: 107
this is great. i was there last year and the cars looked great but i was pissed off that everybody had customized the challanger and the gtr, i told myself "cant wait till next year, when the camaro gets to show its creative side." "good news"
__________________
Put the fate of the world in My Camaro and I WWW.5GCRGV.COM

1100 = (11/15/08)-ORDERED - 2000 = (7/23/09)-Accepted - 3000 = (7/29/09)-Production - 3400 = (8/11/09)-Broadcast
3800 = (8/19/09)-Produced-Vin - 4150 = (8/19/09)-Invoiced - 4200 = (8/20/09)-Shipped - 5000 = (9/01/09)-Delivered
To Dealer - 6000 = (9/01/09)-Happiest Day Of My Life
bnkriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:49 PM   #6
ssrsheaven
 
ssrsheaven's Avatar
 
Drives: 92 firebird,2010 camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Indianapolis,In
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo-9 View Post
Sounds cool, but I'm still waiting to see what Chip Foose can do with this car.
what he said
ssrsheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #7
SSPROJECT
barbarianmotorsports
 
SSPROJECT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Join Date: May 2009
Location: riverside ca.
Posts: 137
the best of the best are there . i too will be at sema this year . i loved it when i saw the camaro last year. can't wait
SSPROJECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:02 PM   #8
SoloSK71
 
SoloSK71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 499
You can officially colour me impressed when these guys can do a street legal version of these cars that the rest of us could build.

- SK
__________________
- 2G1FT1EW9A9132212
- Life is hard when destiny believes in you.
- As coherent as a pit bull in a spin dryer. A dribbling tartan frothbucket.
- Good money, bad girls. How can life be any better?
- God saves. The devil invests.

- This may be the ultimate guide to problem solving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
it's not a WD-40 problem, so it's got to be a duct tape problem
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #9
Tran
Administrator
 
Tran's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE baby
Posts: 5,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSK71 View Post
You can officially colour me impressed when these guys can do a street legal version of these cars that the rest of us could build.

- SK
I don't think that's exactly the point of many of the cars shown at SEMA. Think of it like a fashion show of cars... designers showing off their ideas, many of which won't ever make it to production or on the roads.
__________________
>>> Visit our CAMARO BLOG <<<<
>>> Visit our CORVETTE BLOG <<<<
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #10
Indpowr
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,028
That is why DSV Customs is trying to come out with many parts as we can to make the car more exotic feeling/smelling
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #11
Tjin Edition Camaro
 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Posts: 78
The Tjin Editoin Camaro will have the show and go aspect, but there will be numerous parts found on our Camaro that the general public will be able to afford and purchase for their Camaro. Many of these manufactures see the popularity of the Camaro and are looking to make products for them. SEMA will be great place to see many high profile Camaro's and it will be a great thing for the GM brand!
Tjin Edition Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #12
69 Hugger

 
69 Hugger's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sumit Point, WV
Posts: 944
Aside from the factory support, the SEMA auto show stands out because of the almost limitless number of small companies that come to Vegas to show off their latest new products. Products and the cars give others ideas of what can be done and sold to the public.
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:34 PM   #13
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette
 
Restroom's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 189
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
For example, Neil Tjin's "Tjin Edition Modern Hot Rod Chevy Camaro" will feature custom iForged 3-piece wheels wrapped in Falken tires; SSBC brakes; Air Lift suspension and a custom-built engine with JE pistons, Vortech supercharger, BDL accessories, MagnaFlow exhaust, American Racing headers and a Nitrous Express setup. The interior will feature GlowShift gauges, be carbon fiber trimmed with Status Racing carbon fiber seats and fitted with a Realm Audio system, as well as a Webasto sunroof.
Wait wait wait... this is going to be enough of a beast to warrant air bags and carbon-fibre seats, yet they're going to install a sunroof?! Why would you do that to a car so obviously designed for the strip? Reducing torsional rigidity, adding mass, and destroying cockpit safety? Come on, you must have meant a rollcage or lexan windows or a fire-suppression system or something besides... a sunroof!
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #14
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX
 
Rookie13's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NE Kansas
Posts: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restroom View Post
Wait wait wait... this is going to be enough of a beast to warrant air bags and carbon-fibre seats, yet they're going to install a sunroof?! Why would you do that to a car so obviously designed for the strip? Reducing torsional rigidity, adding mass, and destroying cockpit safety? Come on, you must have meant a rollcage or lexan windows or a fire-suppression system or something besides... a sunroof!
Nah I disagree - where are the Engineer specialists at?

It seems to me that if you install the rigid framework of a sunroof in place of flat sheet-metal you are increasing the structural integrity of the roof area. ...not reduce torsional rigidity or destroy cockpit safety. If it were a cockpit safety issue, GM wouldn't offer the Sunroof as an option.

Here is Webasto's product. ...and their YouTube web-ad.

__________________
_________________________


Camaro5 Fest 2010 Panogram Photo of the Host Hotel
Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #15
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,232
Bomex Aero huh? Look for some very aggressive japanese looking body kits. I'm actually interested to see the direction they take with the body lines of the Camaro.
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:21 AM   #16
Bentley78
Rice Cooker
 
Bentley78's Avatar
 
Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hawaii/Phoenix
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo-9 View Post
Sounds cool, but I'm still waiting to see what Chip Foose can do with this car.
Thats what i'm talking about.
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:08 AM   #17
Victory_Redd
 
Victory_Redd's Avatar
 
Drives: Red '94 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
Posts: 19
Send a message via AIM to Victory_Redd
in response to the comment above-

im not sure if this is correct but i think chip foose created the 2nd bumblebee design...again not sure but thats what i heard, i wouldnt be suprised, hes the mannn!!
__________________

My dream car, man would i love me a Z-28......Soon to be ordered: Manual 2LT/RS Victory red (of course) with black stripes
Victory_Redd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #18
red_racer2
Just me
 
red_racer2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 71
I am not very impressed with any of the vehicles that have shown what they are doing for SEMA. As for the companies list above most look like theyare rice based... . I am looking forward to seeing the cars that GM did not supoort, those are the ones to look for.

Last edited by red_racer2; 07-15-2009 at 03:07 PM.
red_racer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #19
scapcamaro
 
scapcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Grand Island NY
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_racer2 View Post
I am not very impressed with any of the vehicles that have shown what they are doing for SEMA. As for the companies list above most look like theyare rice based... . I am looking forward to seeing the cars that GM did not supoort, those are the ones to look for.
you have no clue? we work with the aftermarket, to help them come up with all the cool stuff everyone wants. to each it's own, but dont put down people that are trying. if it so easy you could do it.
scapcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #20
drivingincamaro


 
drivingincamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 95 civic
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 5,807
__________________
drivingincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:27 PM   #21
drivingincamaro


 
drivingincamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 95 civic
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 5,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_racer2 View Post
I am not very impressed with any of the vehicles that have shown what they are doing for SEMA. As for the companies list above most look like theyare rice based... . I am looking forward to seeing the cars that GM did not supoort, those are the ones to look for.
can people stop Stretching the word rice


To me the meaning of Rice means useless Bodykits,wings,mufflers that some Teen decides to put on there FWD car


The camaro is the farthest thing from Rice
__________________
drivingincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:17 AM   #22
red_racer2
Just me
 
red_racer2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapcamaro View Post
you have no clue? we work with the aftermarket, to help them come up with all the cool stuff everyone wants. to each it's own, but dont put down people that are trying. if it so easy you could do it.
I am not bashing any of the designs, I am just stating my opinion. Thats all I will say since I dont want to be banded from the forumn.


Do I have a clue? Yes I do. I know what it takes to put a car together for Sema. So I guess we all will see each other there.
red_racer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #23
red_racer2
Just me
 
red_racer2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
can people stop Stretching the word rice


To me the meaning of Rice means useless Bodykits,wings,mufflers that some Teen decides to put on there FWD car


The camaro is the farthest thing from Rice
My statement about rice refers to previous kits that I have seen that were designed. I hope to see some great body kits designed for the camaro from the companies that were awarded a camaro from GM.
red_racer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:10 AM   #24
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette
 
Restroom's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie13 View Post
It seems to me that if you install the rigid framework of a sunroof in place of flat sheet-metal you are increasing the structural integrity of the roof area. ...not reduce torsional rigidity or destroy cockpit safety. If it were a cockpit safety issue, GM wouldn't offer the Sunroof as an option.
It doesn't matter how well you brace up the hole you made, the fact is you had to cut through existing solid bodyshell and bigger, more sound roofbracing in the first place. Sure, you could even run braces across the hole on both sides of the glass, but it's not going to function as a unit, meaning you get more chassis flex and stress on either side. Think about the kind of torque this car's going to be making, and without a frame to absorb any of that punishment.

As far as safety goes, I don't mean for a daily-driver. This looks like a car built for the drag strip, and racing officials tend not to like items like that.
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:18 AM   #25
scapcamaro
 
scapcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Grand Island NY
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restroom View Post
It doesn't matter how well you brace up the hole you made, the fact is you had to cut through existing solid bodyshell and bigger, more sound roofbracing in the first place. Sure, you could even run braces across the hole on both sides of the glass, but it's not going to function as a unit, meaning you get more chassis flex and stress on either side. Think about the kind of torque this car's going to be making, and without a frame to absorb any of that punishment.

As far as safety goes, I don't mean for a daily-driver. This looks like a car built for the drag strip, and racing officials tend not to like items like that.
whats the hype over a sun roof? Neil likes the open airy feel of a sun roof. His camaro is going to be SHOW CAR that will be a daily driven and some strip use. the camaro's are very well built and can handle a sun roof.


We like to hear your input on our stuff, what would help out is letting us know what you would like to see made for the camaro.

The Camaro we at (SCAP) are going to build is not looking to be a bolt on parts car, Meaning we are going to fab up most of the parts inhouse one off. 95% of the parts we are going to make for our v6 camaro, are not available form the aftermarket. I want to push the envelope on this car! SCAP's camaro is all about PERFORMANCE, no buts
scapcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2009 Camaros Speed Gambler 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 18 07-16-2012 01:20 AM
2009 Cadillac CTS-V Pricing Announced socialomar General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 17 10-18-2008 07:32 PM
Camaro @ SEMA 2009 Lawdog1911 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 10 10-16-2008 01:12 AM
Press Release: GM to Bolster Liquidity by $15 Billion through 2009 Mr. Wyndham General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 6 07-17-2008 01:42 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.