Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #26
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 12,623
I can only agree with you on that man.
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #27
BalogUK
THE architect.
 
Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Suwanee, GA/Seeley Lake, MT
Posts: 791
So I talked to Rob at Pfadt this afternoon. It only took 5 weeks to finally have a legitimate conversation about their manufacturing process. The problem is not resolved but at least I understand. All along, I must admit that he crew at Pfadt have been professional and courteous- no matter how angry I am....they however refused to answer my questions directly- until Rob.

The total manufacturing timeline for the ZL spec sway bars (front and rear) is approximately 8 weeks. This is from bar stock to boxed and ready to ship. Rob has informed me that this production batch is approximately two weeks out. They are currently having the flat adjustable mounting plates cut, drilled and welded to the bar. After this the bars will be shipped out for powder coating, shipped back to Pfadt a couple days later for final assembly and shipment processing. This batch had experienced a brief delay due to bar stock arriving late, but they have pushed to get this batch prepared on schedule due to the extensive backlog.

I expressed to Rob that I would have much rather heard that the bars were 8-9 weeks out due to being a new production batch than to be fed liiitle portions of partial truth along the way. He agreed that they have not handled their customer communications as well as they could have.

So, I still don't have my bars but I now at least understand the process timeframe and when to better expect the shipment. A simple five minute call and some honesty....what a novel idea.
__________________
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:41 AM   #28
HaulnSS
2013 2SS/RS M6
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 Dual Mode
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 173
Hope mine are in this run!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalogUK View Post
So I talked to Rob at Pfadt this afternoon. It only took 5 weeks to finally have a legitimate conversation about their manufacturing process. The problem is not resolved but at least I understand. All along, I must admit that he crew at Pfadt have been professional and courteous- no matter how angry I am....they however refused to answer my questions directly- until Rob.

The total manufacturing timeline for the ZL spec sway bars (front and rear) is approximately 8 weeks. This is from bar stock to boxed and ready to ship. Rob has informed me that this production batch is approximately two weeks out. They are currently having the flat adjustable mounting plates cut, drilled and welded to the bar. After this the bars will be shipped out for powder coating, shipped back to Pfadt a couple days later for final assembly and shipment processing. This batch had experienced a brief delay due to bar stock arriving late, but they have pushed to get this batch prepared on schedule due to the extensive backlog.

I expressed to Rob that I would have much rather heard that the bars were 8-9 weeks out due to being a new production batch than to be fed liiitle portions of partial truth along the way. He agreed that they have not handled their customer communications as well as they could have.

So, I still don't have my bars but I now at least understand the process timeframe and when to better expect the shipment. A simple five minute call and some honesty....what a novel idea.
__________________

Hurst, Mojave Interior, 20% tint, Dual Mode Exhaust, ZL1 Splitter, ZL1 rockers, Blade spoiler, 3D Carbon rear quarter spats, CAI, Headers, M2W, catch can, apex scoop, LED DRL's, smoke side markers, billet aluminum SS emblems, Street Scene lower grill with scoops, BMR subframe connectors, lowering springs, bushings. USWForged 20" Crossover w Nitto 315/275
HaulnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #29
Rjgreen2
 
Rjgreen2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS 45th
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia Beach, Va
Posts: 190
BalogUK, I am in the same boat as well brother. I am heading toward the end of my four weeks so far, I keep getting told "I will check". It is definitely a headache, I order the whole stage 3 ZL kit and right now they are just paper weights here sitting pretty.
__________________
Ryan Green
45th Anniversary SS LS3
CAI, Corsa Exhaust, Kooks LT Stepped Headers, PFADT Stage 3 ZL Spec Suspension, LS3 545 CAM
Check out my build journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237283
Rjgreen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #30
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 12,623
Good luck n getting your stuff guys. I gave up and canceled my order for the sways when I found a used set here locally for sale, picked them up this Saturday. No more waiting for me!!
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #31
BalogUK
THE architect.
 
Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Suwanee, GA/Seeley Lake, MT
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Good luck n getting your stuff guys. I gave up and canceled my order for the sways when I found a used set here locally for sale, picked them up this Saturday. No more waiting for me!!
Jealous...
Hope ours ship out later this week, but not holding my breath.
__________________
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #32
SPCBA
Blake
 
SPCBA's Avatar
 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a VA line somwhere
Posts: 3,721
sad that i can get coilovers faster from germany or australia than you all can get sways from UTAH!!!
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #33
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 12,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalogUK View Post
Jealous...
Hope ours ship out later this week, but not holding my breath.
I hope so for your guys sake as well man. It sucks to keep waiting and waiting without an answer when the waiting is going to end. From what I have been told pfadt usually ships out quick but for whatever reason they are really behind right now on certain things.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
sad that i can get coilovers faster from germany or australia than you all can get sways from UTAH!!!
that is sad. But the pfadt stuff is pretty frickin awesome!
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #34
BalogUK
THE architect.
 
Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Suwanee, GA/Seeley Lake, MT
Posts: 791
Well today's week 6 from order.... Hope someone has answers,
__________________
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #35
Matt @ FSP

 
Matt @ FSP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 2,563
Guys unfortunately Pfadt has been dealing with some backorders on their POPULAR ZL Spec sways... They are on top of everything, but end of the day they want to bring you a quality product, not a pieced together bar that just looks shiny.

I understand as we always get the new Pfadt goodies or other vendor goodies and can't wait to test them all out. We'll be putting their drag spec ZL bar on the shop car soon enough too.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:48 AM   #36
SPCBA
Blake
 
SPCBA's Avatar
 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a VA line somwhere
Posts: 3,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
Guys unfortunately Pfadt has been dealing with some backorders on their POPULAR ZL Spec sways... They are on top of everything, but end of the day they want to bring you a quality product, not a pieced together bar that just looks shiny.

I understand as we always get the new Pfadt goodies or other vendor goodies and can't wait to test them all out. We'll be putting their drag spec ZL bar on the shop car soon enough too.
has nothing to do with an expansion and releasing headers and focusing on ats and and and?

interested in the delays for camaro products when new vette needs r and d and they start to make products for that.
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #37
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,375
Guys we are working hard to complete all of the zl spec components for you! A lot of work goes into making these bars from raw stock, and they are finally nearing completion. We will keep you updated.

Also, while our ATS and Camaro/Corvette power products are generating a ton of excitement for us, those components are built by an entirely different team in our shop. Currently, our suspension team is working overtime to keep up with the increased demand we've seen this summer. I guess people everywhere are starting to catch on to our suspension systems for the Camaro (which has been the case for the Corvette for some time), and I've been taking on average 5-10 calls per day more for our zl spec parts since mid May.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #38
grocerygetter
instigator
 
grocerygetter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black on black 2009 C6
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 72034
Posts: 3,958
Matt...you can always sell me the current drag spec rear bar you have on the shop car for the older style control arms if you stick with the ZL spec.
__________________
-John S.

2014 GMC CC Z71, 2009 C6 vette (57x/53x at the wheel and less than 3300lbs)
2010 Camaro 2ss/rs---SOLD 4/15/14
-654whp with a few cosmetic things, Pfadt suspension, Vortech, CircleD, GPI ss3 vvt bump stick, gears, stuff in between,18" TSW N'rings for drag duty, 20" Forgestar F14s for street.

Thanks to:
Tony@ dv8motoring
rhino@ Gwatney Chevrolet/GPI Jacksonville AR
TCAudio in Benton AR
grocerygetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #39
BalogUK
THE architect.
 
Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Suwanee, GA/Seeley Lake, MT
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Guys we are working hard to complete all of the zl spec components for you! A lot of work goes into making these bars from raw stock, and they are finally nearing completion. We will keep you updated.

Also, while our ATS and Camaro/Corvette power products are generating a ton of excitement for us, those components are built by an entirely different team in our shop. Currently, our suspension team is working overtime to keep up with the increased demand we've seen this summer. I guess people everywhere are starting to catch on to our suspension systems for the Camaro (which has been the case for the Corvette for some time), and I've been taking on average 5-10 calls per day more for our zl spec parts since mid May.
Just a shame really- ordered back in June fully expecting to have my parts as neither Pfadt (directly) nor Apex showed any warning that the items were back ordered. Here we are we are with Camaro5fest next week and I thought I'd have the parts on my car, pumped to put it on the course and really drive it and now I can't. Gone ahead and cancelled reservations as this was the primary intent of my wife and I making the trip. I'll be happy whenever they finally do show up on my doorstep, but this has been a disappointing transaction to say the least.
__________________
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:48 AM   #40
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 12,623
Just installed my pfadt sways....used since they are taking to long to ship lol

These things and paired with the coil overs and 275-35-20 PSS are freaking awesome!!!!!!!

Can't believe how good my car handles!!!!!!

Be patient guys these parts do rock!!!!
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #41
BalogUK
THE architect.
 
Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Suwanee, GA/Seeley Lake, MT
Posts: 791
Talked to Rob again today- looks like the ZL stage 2 kits shoul be back in stock and ready to start shipping Wed&Thurs of next week. End is in sight! Now if they could just expedite shipping so I could have that Friday...wishful thinking? 2nd day air.
__________________
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #42
lakersftbl69

 
lakersftbl69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss/rs
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: kingston ma.
Posts: 1,375
Wow I just ordered mine this past Wednesday I hope I get them before Christmas. Damn!
__________________
ordered dec 15 2008 picked up on june 8 2009.
upgrades kooks 1 3/4" LTH w/ high flow cats, roto fab cai, corsa exhaust, rx catch can, hurst short throw shifter. stage 3 comp cam, 3.91 gears 445rwhp 410 rwtq all installed and dyno tuned from slowhawk performance.
lakersftbl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #43
JDP Motorsports

 
JDP Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 JDP Track Spec Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sandy, Utah
Posts: 3,236
We also have a large number of ZL-Spec sways on order and this honestly isn't the norm for Pfadt. There is light at the end of the tunnel and you'll be stoked when you get them!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
888.308.6007
__________________
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:46 AM   #44
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,495
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Paul View Post
it's gonna change your life. (well, at least how you corner)

I'm trolling big time on this thread, but uh... do we (as in Apex) have an "after" shot to post?
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #45
Rjgreen2
 
Rjgreen2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS 45th
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia Beach, Va
Posts: 190
I'll believe in seeing the light when I finally see a tracking number. Until then, will just continue to use the rest of the parts as paper weights.
__________________
Ryan Green
45th Anniversary SS LS3
CAI, Corsa Exhaust, Kooks LT Stepped Headers, PFADT Stage 3 ZL Spec Suspension, LS3 545 CAM
Check out my build journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237283
Rjgreen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #46
KRich2587
 
KRich2587's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Summit White 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 383
Man this is really disappointing i finally have some money to spend on suspension and i read all this. I can understand to a point but no matter how small a company they've got to be ready for the huge demand im seriously second guessing if i should order anything now. :(
KRich2587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #47
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 12,623
Order it and wait as long as you don't need it right away. These parts do rock just a pain to get right now.
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:04 AM   #48
BalogUK
THE architect.
 
Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Suwanee, GA/Seeley Lake, MT
Posts: 791
Another "piece" of the puzzle arrives today. no one told me (no call, email) probably because Apex closed the order back in June, but UPS MyChoice alerted me of a shipment coming to my address... my estimation is the suspension upgrade pack (endlinks & lower control arms). Still awaiting the elusive sway bars hopefully everything is lined up to ship out this week.
__________________
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #49
BlackM6RS/SS
 
BlackM6RS/SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black M6 RS/2SS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Benbrook, TX
Posts: 288
I got my FE4 upgrade kit for my 10 and it took about a month, the ZL bars still waiting, ordered at same time as FE4 kit. Yesterday I ordered trailing arms and drop springs, all Pfadt and from Apex, drop springs said was on slight delay, trailing arms shipped... Better late than never, can't wait
__________________
10 Blk/Blk RS/2SS w/CGM Stripes
ADM H/C/I M6 480rwhp 435rwtq
FE4 LCAs w/Pfadt ZL swaybars Diff bushings Trailing arms Drop springs
BlackM6RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #50
lakersftbl69

 
lakersftbl69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss/rs
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: kingston ma.
Posts: 1,375
Today's Thursday any word or ideas if any things been shipped the past couple days?
__________________
ordered dec 15 2008 picked up on june 8 2009.
upgrades kooks 1 3/4" LTH w/ high flow cats, roto fab cai, corsa exhaust, rx catch can, hurst short throw shifter. stage 3 comp cam, 3.91 gears 445rwhp 410 rwtq all installed and dyno tuned from slowhawk performance.
lakersftbl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.