Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #57
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS View Post
With all these long builds going on...has anybody actually taken the car down to RX personally instead of shipping it? Figured I would ask. Because thats what I am going to do if I go with RX. I didnt know where to post this, here or in the vendor review. Hopefully this shouldnt matter too much.
Sorta.

Last year when I spoke with Tracy he said it would take about 3 or so weeks to do the build, test it and tune it. So what I did was have my car shipped down to him and I would coordinate with Tracy on when I should fly down to take delivery. We agreed upon a date and I made hotel reservations for two nights in case something unexpected happened. Good thing I did, the car wasn't ready by the second day of me being in Florida and I had to stay in a hotel a third night until it was ready.

Similar to what Butters was going to do, unfortunately for Butters he left Florida empty handed. If you do have it sent to RX I wouldn't make plans to pick it up until you actually speak with Tracy and confirm the car is virtually completed.

Just my two cents.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #58
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
Yeah my plans have been to take it down to him since it isnt THAT far away...and supposedly the new kit he has is way easier to install. I dont want any trolling, but he said it would take 4 days or less max. With me being able to watch every second of work they do on the car. 1 day for install then 2-3 for tuning and getting everything right. I dont have any "extra" days with school coming back up here in mid August and it takes a few weeks for the Vortech to get there he said. So yeah. It would have to be the 4 days hes stated. I think its possible now. We will wait and see I guess.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #59
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Sorta.

Last year when I spoke with Tracy he said it would take about 3 or so weeks to do the build, test it and tune it. So what I did was have my car shipped down to him and I would coordinate with Tracy on when I should fly down to take delivery. We agreed upon a date and I made hotel reservations for two nights in case something unexpected happened. Good thing I did, the car wasn't ready by the second day of me being in Florida and I had to stay in a hotel a third night until it was ready.

Similar to what Butters was going to do, unfortunately for Butters he left Florida empty handed. If you do have it sent to RX I wouldn't make plans to pick it up until you actually speak with Tracy and confirm the car is virtually completed.

Just my two cents.

A car should always be verified completed...and yes, and extra day was a huge delay for you but we bent over backwards the entire time you have owned the system and done quite a bit, even bringing it back and updating it (we paid the transport both ways the time to correct it, right?).

Butters and others I posted in detail on why the delays.

What the OP is planning is driving down, and having all ready and being present during his easy install.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #60
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
A car should always be verified completed...and yes, and extra day was a huge delay for you but we bent over backwards the entire time you have owned the system and done quite a bit, even bringing it back and updating it (we paid the transport both ways the time to correct it, right?).
Yes your are correct, you provided substantial support afterwards and I am appreciative that you paid to have the car brought back to fix some of the issues.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #61
Patrick864 RS

Glad to see some improvements are being made on this matter lol
Old 07-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #62
b1gr3dmachin3

Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
Hey Patrick, I'm kind of in the same boat as you...really wanna go FI with my v6 (we're also close in age lol) I was thinking of going turbo with mine instead of SC tho...
Old 07-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #63
Patrick864 RS

Whats up man? Yeah I have been in the FI search since probably March but here in the last month it has been 100% serious. I would love to have a turbo but its out of my price range unfortunately. And for some reason I have just always like the SC kit. No reason why...just always have caught my eye over the turbo. Cant go wrong with either one Lucky for you, you have the LFX. Hopefully they can figure out the LLT though.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #64
b1gr3dmachin3

Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS View Post
Whats up man? Yeah I have been in the FI search since probably March but here in the last month it has been 100% serious. I would love to have a turbo but its out of my price range unfortunately. And for some reason I have just always like the SC kit. No reason why...just always have caught my eye over the turbo. Cant go wrong with either one Lucky for you, you have the LFX. Hopefully they can figure out the LLT though.
Yeah, right now I'm kind of in the beginning stages of doing research and figuring out exactly what I want while I save up enough money for it. Good luck with your purchase, hope you find what you want!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #65
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gr3dmachin3 View Post
Hey Patrick, I'm kind of in the same boat as you...really wanna go FI with my v6 (we're also close in age lol) I was thinking of going turbo with mine instead of SC tho...
+1....going to go the IPF SC route soon....so excited. Can't wait to see both of your builds
Old 07-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #66
Patrick864 RS

I just love how interesting and big the v6 F/I group is getting! Future looks bright!
Old 07-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #67
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
I feel like one of the pioneers in this FI stuff, I love it.... Always tweaking and getting a little more from it, but doing it safely ( I hope)
Old 07-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #68
Patrick864 RS

Nothing like seeing new things happen with our cars! Just makes us sixers not look so "dumb" after all for not getting a v8 lol
Old 07-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #69
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
FI opens up a bunch of options for tweaking. Can't stop with just the sc kit !
Old 07-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #70
Patrick864 RS

Well guys...it looks like I have finally seen the day where my v6 is getting boosted!!! Going to the bank tomorrow to transfer the money and send it through PayPal and it all begins! After months and months of dreaming/searching its crazy to know that its actually happening. Im purchasing the IPF kit for sale on here and cant wait!!! It was too good to pass up and just what I was looking for. I will keep everyone updated on the process and how the build is going once everything is here.

:happy018 0: