Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #225
PalmerGA


 
PalmerGA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest GA
Posts: 8,540
Georgia dealership:

Prince of Albany +1

(I'm colorblind and can't tell which is the green text option)
__________________
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #226
rich3fan
What's this button do?
 
rich3fan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Wylie, Texas
Posts: 1,292
Have you had any experience with their service department? Good or bad?
__________________
2013 SIM 2SS/RS - LGM Super Pro headers w/3" catback - Circle D Pro 1E - ADM Race Intake w/ADM Scoop - BWPTB - Elite Catch Can
rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #227
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 12,272
I'd like to speak up for Carroll Rehma Chevrolet in Linn Missouri as a postive place to do business.

Way back when I bought my car, I was literally one of the firsts to have a Camaro in my area, and they sold the car at MSRP when many other dealers were doing above that. I had a great experience with Alan, who was my salesman at the time.

Over the years they have remained friendly with me, and I have brought the car in (or parts for the car) several times to have cosmetic work done..mostly paint work. Each time it has came out flawless thanks to Travis. It is obvious to see that Travis very much cares for and takes pride in his work.

When the 2012 ZL1 was introduced they could only get their hands on one ZL1. Again when others were asking over MSRP, they never went past that.

If I buy another new Camaro, I will do my best to give them my business.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #228
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Georgia dealership:

Prince of Albany +1

(I'm colorblind and can't tell which is the green text option)
Why are you rating them as a Dealership?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'd like to speak up for Carroll Rehma Chevrolet in Linn Missouri as a postive place to do business.

Way back when I bought my car, I was literally one of the firsts to have a Camaro in my area, and they sold the car at MSRP when many other dealers were doing above that. I had a great experience with Alan, who was my salesman at the time.

Over the years they have remained friendly with me, and I have brought the car in (or parts for the car) several times to have cosmetic work done..mostly paint work. Each time it has came out flawless thanks to Travis. It is obvious to see that Travis very much cares for and takes pride in his work.

When the 2012 ZL1 was introduced they could only get their hands on one ZL1. Again when others were asking over MSRP, they never went past that.

If I buy another new Camaro, I will do my best to give them my business.
Added
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #229
Dznyfn
 
Dznyfn's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 1SS Vert, 05 Tahoe Z71, 67 RS/SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 384
This is late but Holiday Chevrolet in Williamsburg, Va is the best from sales to service. My camaro was my fifth vehicle from them. I purchase through a corporate pricing schedule so the dealership makes about $150 but that doesn't hinder their customer service. They absolutely go above and beyond, especially in the service department.Had a leather seat panel with a bubble starting to form, instead of having a local shop replace the bad panel like other service departments, they changed the complete seat leather, Back and bottom, so they would "match". Granted the vehicle was only two months old and the back would have probably matched anyway, they did both!!!!

Now as for Hall Chevrolet, in 2010 I saw a Camaro 1 SS non-RS manual, with trunk net and heritage grille at one of my vendor customer appreciation days with a base price of $40,175 and their added sticker of the following; window etching $289, GM Accessories $7980, Nitrogen $249, Pin Stripe $99. For a grand total of $48,792. I tried to get the salesmen there to even talk about the car but they were to busy telling each other about what they were going to do the upcoming weekend.

Attached is the window dealer sticker, I had to get a pic as no one would believe me....
Attached Images
 
__________________
Dznyfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #230
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet)
 
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet)'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1SS/RS M6 RRM NPP Exhaust
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 184
Terry Labonte Chevrolet in Greensboro, NC is a stealership. I recently had a rubbing sound coming from my steering wheel at low speeds. I called there service department to make an appointment for about a week and nobody answered. So I went online and made an appointment because that seemed like the only way I could contact them. So a couple days later I took my car in and the service guys tells me they have no record of my appointment. He then goes on to tell me they are busy all day so i would have to bring my car back the next morning. This isn't the first time I've had problems with making an appointment with them. There service department isn't the friendlies either. So I said fine I'm leaving. I went down the street to Vann York Chevrolet (High Point, NC) and they took my car right away no questions asked. They diagnosed the problem in 5 minutes so they ordered a new steering rack. The next day I came in and got the car fixed no problems. Very friendly service and very helpful. Sorry for the long story.

Terry Labonte Chevrolet- Stealership
Vann York Chevrolet- Dealership
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #231
kennyw
Intelligent Redneck
 
kennyw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS-2013 Mustang V6
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Stevens Pass
Posts: 24
Washington State:

Dealership: Speedway Chevrolet in Monroe, WA.

We bought our Camaro there and they took care of issues with the headlights that we didn't find until the day after we brought it home even though it was out of warranty.
__________________
kennyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #232
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznyfn View Post
This is late but Holiday Chevrolet in Williamsburg, Va is the best from sales to service. My camaro was my fifth vehicle from them. I purchase through a corporate pricing schedule so the dealership makes about $150 but that doesn't hinder their customer service. They absolutely go above and beyond, especially in the service department.Had a leather seat panel with a bubble starting to form, instead of having a local shop replace the bad panel like other service departments, they changed the complete seat leather, Back and bottom, so they would "match". Granted the vehicle was only two months old and the back would have probably matched anyway, they did both!!!!

Now as for Hall Chevrolet, in 2010 I saw a Camaro 1 SS non-RS manual, with trunk net and heritage grille at one of my vendor customer appreciation days with a base price of $40,175 and their added sticker of the following; window etching $289, GM Accessories $7980, Nitrogen $249, Pin Stripe $99. For a grand total of $48,792. I tried to get the salesmen there to even talk about the car but they were to busy telling each other about what they were going to do the upcoming weekend.

Attached is the window dealer sticker, I had to get a pic as no one would believe me....
I added Holiday Chevrolet to the list. Didn't add Hall because that was their sales department, and this thread tries to focus on the service department's at dealerships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertter11 (Silver Bullet) View Post
Terry Labonte Chevrolet in Greensboro, NC is a stealership. I recently had a rubbing sound coming from my steering wheel at low speeds. I called there service department to make an appointment for about a week and nobody answered. So I went online and made an appointment because that seemed like the only way I could contact them. So a couple days later I took my car in and the service guys tells me they have no record of my appointment. He then goes on to tell me they are busy all day so i would have to bring my car back the next morning. This isn't the first time I've had problems with making an appointment with them. There service department isn't the friendlies either. So I said fine I'm leaving. I went down the street to Vann York Chevrolet (High Point, NC) and they took my car right away no questions asked. They diagnosed the problem in 5 minutes so they ordered a new steering rack. The next day I came in and got the car fixed no problems. Very friendly service and very helpful. Sorry for the long story.

Terry Labonte Chevrolet- Stealership
Vann York Chevrolet- Dealership
Added - and don't apologize for the long story. Detailed reviews are what helps members the most.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyw View Post
Washington State:

Dealership: Speedway Chevrolet in Monroe, WA.

We bought our Camaro there and they took care of issues with the headlights that we didn't find until the day after we brought it home even though it was out of warranty.
Can you go into more detail? Like, I'm confused as to how the car was out of warranty if you bought it the day before.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #233
SS785
 
SS785's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: US
Posts: 381
Ct Dealers:
-1 Chevrolet of Milford

Booked an appt. there based on C5 recommendations and it turned out to be a complete waste of gas and time. They knew what I wanted ahead of time and told me to come in to evaluate my car and order the parts.

However, upon arrival, everything became wear and tear and they wouldn't cover the repairs under warranty (but they would still fix them if I paid).

What ticked me off was when the service advisor told me that if I had bought the car from them, they would be more willing to work on the car and cover the repairs & prompted me to go to the dealer where I bought the car (as If I hadn't thought of that but that dealer is over an hour away).

Don't bother going there unless you bought it from them.

Last edited by SS785; 09-12-2013 at 02:34 PM.
SS785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #234
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS785 View Post
Ct Dealers:
-1 Chevrolet of Milford

Booked an appt. there based on C5 recommendations and it turned out to be a complete waste of gas and time. They knew what I wanted ahead of time and told me to come in to evaluate my car and order the parts (driver's leather seat cover, paint chips on trunk-lid, etc).

However, upon arrival, everything became wear and tear and they wouldn't cover the repairs under warranty (but they would still fix them if I paid). Really? Chips on the trunk-lid are wear and tear?

What ticked me off was when the service advisor told me that if I had bought the car from them, they would be more willing to work on the car and cover the repairs & prompted me to go to the dealer where I bought the car (as If I hadn't thought of that but that dealer is over an hour away).

Don't bother going there unless you bought it from them.
Oh wow - this is Milford, CT right?

either or - I updated the OP with your review and linked your post
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #235
PalmerGA


 
PalmerGA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest GA
Posts: 8,540
Prince Chevrolet of Albany, GA - In December of last year, I traded in my '12 V6 for a '13 SS at Prince of Albany. It was a thoroughly positive purchasing experience as their sales staff is great and I knew from past experience that I could count on the service staff if needed.

They had installed a new Torque Converter on my previous Camaro (the one I traded in for the '13 SS). When I dropped the car off they drove me home (20+ miles) and then picked me up the next day when car was ready.

When they "found" my SS for me (some 250 miles away), it had everything I wanted except that it had the Midnight Silver wheels (I wanted polished aluminum). They searched everywhere in a 300 mile radius but could not find one with everything I wanted. I went into renegotiation with the sales folks and they sweetened the pot with an indoor/outdoor Camaro car cover ($300+ value) and we made the deal.

The following week, they installed my Heritage Grille and did a fine job. I have not had any issues with the new car but I am confident that if I do, Prince Chevrolet of Albany, GA will be there to fill my need.

Definitely a +1 Dealership in my book!
__________________
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #236
toytruckman
 
Drives: 2014 Silverado 6.2L; 15 LTZ Tahoe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Metairie La
Posts: 99
Bryan Chevy Metairie La. Is a Gold standard dealer. Both new car sales and service. I have had no experience with used car sales, but have traded many cars to them and have always gotten a fair price.

Dave
toytruckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #237
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,233
Hello Camaro Lovers,

I'm sure one of us has already jumped on this thread in the past to say as such, but should you ever want a compliment or complaint documented further, and for us to either call up your dealership to sing their praises or check into any given situation further, we're here. We would need to gather some more private information (your contact information) and so would prefer a direct message so as to protect your privacy.

Regards,
Sarah (Assisting William)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #238
kennyw
Intelligent Redneck
 
kennyw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS-2013 Mustang V6
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Stevens Pass
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Can you go into more detail? Like, I'm confused as to how the car was out of warranty if you bought it the day before.
We bought it used with 40K miles. During the test drive it looked like the headlights were working properly, but due to some mods by the PO they were not safe to drive on at night. Speedway replaced the wiring harness and headlight buckets at no extra charge to make sure they sold us a safe car.
__________________
kennyw is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.