Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
camaro10rjt
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bradenton
Posts: 30
Thumbs down My Rx experience

Early in March of this year I decided to Twin Turbo my 2010 Camaro SS and I made the decision to go with RX for this build. Car is my daily driver so Tracy told me that he wouldn't bring my car in until all parts were at his shop. I paid for parts and labor upfront (mistake number 1). My car had a Maggie TVS 2300 that Tracy and I worked out a deal for.

On March 29 I bring the car to Tracy and I am told that all parts are in and in 8 to 10 days the build will be done.

March 30th I get my onstar report and it shows that in 1 day my car has 400+ miles on it, contact them and they said it was testing of supercharger since they are selling it, I believed them but this left a very bad feeling in my stomach.

April 3rd go to the shop and see my car is completely disassembled but nobody is working on it. Come to find out they are waiting on parts. Week goes by the car sits the same way.

April 10th go to the shop and Tracy says we ran into an issue. The forged pistons came but they are the wrong size so we can either bore the motor out to fit them or wait another 2 weeks to get the correct set of pistons. I decided to send it to the machine shop and do the bore rather than wait another 2 weeks for a part that should have been there on day 1.

April 17th (3 weeks into an 8-10 day build) Motor is finally being reassembled.

April 24th Motor is back in and all other parts have been installed and now they can start the twin turbo build. Told at this point 2 days to do the fab work it will be done Friday the 26th. (Now 1 month into an 8-10 day build and this whole time paying for a rental car as the camaro is my daily driver)

Show up on Friday in the morning to see progress and the car sits the same way it was on the 24th nothing done to it for 2 days. At this point I'm fed up and tell Tracy to finish putting the car back together and I'm going to tow it out of the shop on the 27th

Morning of the 27th have the car towed out of Tracy's shop (decided to send it to Matt and Rodney at FSP) get a contract from Tracy that he will refund me for the turbos and for the drive shaft that never came for a total of 4k. Was told by Tracy and I have the PM's it will take a couple of weeks but not months.

Early May Matt and Rodney start working on the car I asked them to look over everything and they agreed to. They fit me in between builds to look over the car before my build actually started with them.

On May 19th I get a call from Matt to stop by the shop he wanted to show me something.




Those are forged pistons upside down and on the wrong side of the motor. Tracy agreed that they were put in wrong but they still would have worked fine cause they had plenty of clearance. I went to Tracy with this picture and he wanted me to bring the car back and they would fix it. I told him there is no way I'm letting him touch my car again. We agreed to refund me some of the money for the install of the pistons since now the motor had to come out again and I made the decision to rebuild everything cause I had serious issues trusting the work from Tracy's shop. The motor builder found that the wrong locks were installed on this pistons and the rings on the pistons were for a piston one size up. See picture below



Matt also found the wrong timing cover on the car since it is an automatic we had to do the LS3 conversion for the cam. Tracy put the L99 timing cover on which would have made the car always have a hard start. Tracy did provide me with the correct timing cover. From Tracy shop I paid for a boost a pump, was never put in the car and was never at the shop. Tracy said he would order one (took about a month to come just to find out he cancelled the order cause I already purchased one with Matt for the build) He gave me his word that he would refund me for the boost a pump.

My refund from Tracy's shop was now up to $5300. I received one $500 check from him about two weeks after I pulled the car. After about a month and a half I needed money since now i was paying double what I originally planned on spending I ask Tracy if I can pick up the turbos that were for my build and that would take care of $3000 of the refund. I was able to sell one of them and get some money back but still trying to sell the last one. So at this point $1800 is still owed to me 3 months after pulling my car from the shop. (again I was assured it would be weeks not months). I have stopped by Tracy's shop last week and again today. Tracy was out both times and I left my name and number with his new General Manager and was told he would call me back. I still haven't heard anything from Tracy. After this post I'm sure I will not get anymore of the money that is owed to me but I feel like I needed to say my story.
camaro10rjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
family man

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: .
Posts: 1,126
You guys need to start a support group, the "I got screwed by RX" group. Hell, you could probably start your own forum.

Sorry to hear another horror story. I'm glad FSP bailed you out.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
Smirnoff

 
Smirnoff's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Motorcity Dragway
Posts: 951
"my onstar report and it shows that in 1 day my car has 400+ miles on it"
"The forged pistons came but they are the wrong size"
"forged pistons upside down and on the wrong side of the motor"

"put in wrong but they still would have worked fine cause"
"wrong timing cover on the car"
"was told he would call me back. I still haven't heard anything"

Thank you for being honest & sharing your experience, its appreciated.
__________________
11.90's w/headers, CAI, tune, & some high-test (no bling).



Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
butters
It's not the batmobile!
 
butters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,086
Reading this brought back some fond memories and literally made me sick to my stomach. The sad thing is none of this comes as a surprise anymore. I'm glad Mr Fuzzyboots was able to get you patched up. I hear that car of yours is a monster now!

IBTL
__________________
butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
sstampa
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: tampa, fl
Posts: 137
My car is the one that got put on hold at FSP for a short time while this car was being assessed. I saw it at the shop several times and can attest that the pistons were definitely installed backwards. If you know much of anything about engine building, you know that the motor would not have lived long that way. There is more to what will happen with pistons installed backwards than which direction the valve reliefs face.

I am so very glad that people on this board are finally telling their stories about this company. I was so close to having major work done by RX but heard a horror story just weeks before picking up the phone to call RX. They did do one job for me a while back, and I have had no issues, but then again it was done by a competent mechanic that no longer works there.
__________________
Todd Downing

2011 2SS/RS LS3/M6 RJT, GFX, ECS Blower, FSP Blower Cam, SW 2" headers/3" exhaust, 3.91, built by Florida Speed and Power 745 rwhp, 620 rwtq

2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison
sstampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
zkdreads


 
zkdreads's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro10rjt View Post
Early in March of this year I decided to Twin Turbo my 2010 Camaro SS and I made the decision to go with RX for this build. Car is my daily driver so Tracy told me that he wouldn't bring my car in until all parts were at his shop. I paid for parts and labor upfront (mistake number 1). My car had a Maggie TVS 2300 that Tracy and I worked out a deal for.

On March 29 I bring the car to Tracy and I am told that all parts are in and in 8 to 10 days the build will be done.

March 30th I get my onstar report and it shows that in 1 day my car has 400+ miles on it, contact them and they said it was testing of supercharger since they are selling it, I believed them but this left a very bad feeling in my stomach.

April 3rd go to the shop and see my car is completely disassembled but nobody is working on it. Come to find out they are waiting on parts. Week goes by the car sits the same way.

April 10th go to the shop and Tracy says we ran into an issue. The forged pistons came but they are the wrong size so we can either bore the motor out to fit them or wait another 2 weeks to get the correct set of pistons. I decided to send it to the machine shop and do the bore rather than wait another 2 weeks for a part that should have been there on day 1.

April 17th (3 weeks into an 8-10 day build) Motor is finally being reassembled.

April 24th Motor is back in and all other parts have been installed and now they can start the twin turbo build. Told at this point 2 days to do the fab work it will be done Friday the 26th. (Now 1 month into an 8-10 day build and this whole time paying for a rental car as the camaro is my daily driver)

Show up on Friday in the morning to see progress and the car sits the same way it was on the 24th nothing done to it for 2 days. At this point I'm fed up and tell Tracy to finish putting the car back together and I'm going to tow it out of the shop on the 27th

Morning of the 27th have the car towed out of Tracy's shop (decided to send it to Matt and Rodney at FSP) get a contract from Tracy that he will refund me for the turbos and for the drive shaft that never came for a total of 4k. Was told by Tracy and I have the PM's it will take a couple of weeks but not months.

Early May Matt and Rodney start working on the car I asked them to look over everything and they agreed to. They fit me in between builds to look over the car before my build actually started with them.

On May 19th I get a call from Matt to stop by the shop he wanted to show me something.




Those are forged pistons upside down and on the wrong side of the motor. Tracy agreed that they were put in wrong but they still would have worked fine cause they had plenty of clearance. I went to Tracy with this picture and he wanted me to bring the car back and they would fix it. I told him there is no way I'm letting him touch my car again. We agreed to refund me some of the money for the install of the pistons since now the motor had to come out again and I made the decision to rebuild everything cause I had serious issues trusting the work from Tracy's shop. The motor builder found that the wrong locks were installed on this pistons and the rings on the pistons were for a piston one size up. See picture below



Matt also found the wrong timing cover on the car since it is an automatic we had to do the LS3 conversion for the cam. Tracy put the L99 timing cover on which would have made the car always have a hard start. Tracy did provide me with the correct timing cover. From Tracy shop I paid for a boost a pump, was never put in the car and was never at the shop. Tracy said he would order one (took about a month to come just to find out he cancelled the order cause I already purchased one with Matt for the build) He gave me his word that he would refund me for the boost a pump.

My refund from Tracy's shop was now up to $5300. I received one $500 check from him about two weeks after I pulled the car. After about a month and a half I needed money since now i was paying double what I originally planned on spending I ask Tracy if I can pick up the turbos that were for my build and that would take care of $3000 of the refund. I was able to sell one of them and get some money back but still trying to sell the last one. So at this point $1800 is still owed to me 3 months after pulling my car from the shop. (again I was assured it would be weeks not months). I have stopped by Tracy's shop last week and again today. Tracy was out both times and I left my name and number with his new General Manager and was told he would call me back. I still haven't heard anything from Tracy. After this post I'm sure I will not get anymore of the money that is owed to me but I feel like I needed to say my story.
wait WHAT!
__________________
C-LO or Sonic
"Without Struggle there is no progress"
I am your best nightmare!
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,464
Ouch. Hope you get what you are owed.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #8
willhe64

 
willhe64's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,904
Good freaking god.

RX isn't fit to work on shopping carts. The stuff coming out of there is worse than HPS.

Time for the owners of this site to drop them.
__________________
I feel it only fair to warn you, I have a black belt in CAPS LOCK.
willhe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #9
1sicss
 
1sicss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: stone's throw from lake erie in ohio
Posts: 201
sounds like it's time to lawyer up, thank god for forums like this so you know who to stay away from, thanks for posting
1sicss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #10
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,179
can't believe pistons were installed backwards
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 4,968
Hearing this story again breaks my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by family man View Post
You guys need to start a support group, the "I got screwed by RX" group.
We have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
__________________
557 rwhp / 525 rwtq (PFADT Headers / Roto-Fab Intake / Ported LSA TB / ID 850 Injectors / Ron Davis Heat Exchanger / D3 Reservoir / Detroit Speed Sways & Endlinks)
Automotive YouTube Channel / MSR Houston / Grandsport Speedway / Camaro5 Fest V CamaroCross / Build Thread / Automotive Forums - Creating more drama than a teenage girl in high school.
BaylorCamaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #12
rozay
 
rozay's Avatar
 
Drives: camaro 2LS LFX A6
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Broward County, Florida
Posts: 336
wow just wow. what kind of people are working over at RX? sorry to hear about your story hope you get every penny you deserve because if it was me you better believe all hell would break lose. im not playing either that just pisses me off and i can imagine how your feeling about them. working your a** off to pay these so called professionals. srry i just had to express my feelings. im done
__________________
FR 41zl1 20x10 wheels,Muffler Delete, UPR products Catch Can, Injen CAI,5% rear window tint 20% sides 35% windshield
rozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #13
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,085
And people are still ordering cc from this company, i guess buyer beware.
__________________
Midnight Rat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #14
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: Cammed 2012 AGM 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 8,232
You're in good hands at FSP. It's unfortunate what you had to go through though.
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, FSP Big NA Cam, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #15
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
Modern07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2303
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Heathrow, FL
Posts: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
You're in good hands at FSP. It's unfortunate what you had to go through though.
__________________
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:40 AM   #16
Scott@Bjorn3D


 
Scott@Bjorn3D's Avatar
 
Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Eufaula, Alabama
Posts: 6,065
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Wow, what is sad is I know they blew up a L99 engine of one of the ladies in our Camaro club and sold her a LS3 to put back in the car. What makes me wonder is was the car really bad. They told her it was going to blow up due to weak parts. She told me it blew up on the dyno.
__________________
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #17
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 4,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Wow, what is sad is I know they blew up a L99 engine of one of the ladies in our Camaro club and sold her a LS3 to put back in the car. What makes me wonder is was the car really bad. They told her it was going to blow up due to weak parts. She told me it blew up on the dyno.
Wow, are you serious?
__________________
557 rwhp / 525 rwtq (PFADT Headers / Roto-Fab Intake / Ported LSA TB / ID 850 Injectors / Ron Davis Heat Exchanger / D3 Reservoir / Detroit Speed Sways & Endlinks)
Automotive YouTube Channel / MSR Houston / Grandsport Speedway / Camaro5 Fest V CamaroCross / Build Thread / Automotive Forums - Creating more drama than a teenage girl in high school.
BaylorCamaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #18
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 2,366
Guess I'm glad I never made it down there...
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #19
SC2150
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 6,080
So for the other side of the story.....I was not present when the pistons were installed, but I did personally check piston to valve clearance and there was over .120 and .080 is spec so there is absolutely NO danger as installed, but was still not correct so we offered to tear it down and correct it at our cost (our fault and when Rodney messed up customers engines here we never threw him under the bus....we fixed it all and made all right). So, we did everything to convince the customer to have me personally correct this and he refused due to the influence of the other shop. The rest of the info is plain false.....and typical of the BS fed others.

So, the customer refused and we also paid him a generous amount to help compensate but he is caught up in the politics between shops again.

Facts are facts, so get both sides to the story.

When we make mistakes (and by we I mean our techs and that included all the BIG mistakes Rodney made while here) we make them right, but we will NOT be manipulated by an unscrupulous competitor and what they do. And also, on here are the same ones like cant see me that still has not paid for or returned a brand new Borg Warner turbo sent him and the others.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #20
AKA-22

 
AKA-22's Avatar
 
Drives: ELLE-1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Farmington ,mo
Posts: 1,109
WOW!!!!!! im going to take my catch can and throw it away and buy the elite catch can just for safety ,,,just because!!
__________________
AKA-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #21
butters
It's not the batmobile!
 
butters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,086
So it's all someone else's fault? The guy you threw under the bus is at another shop fixing all your cars. And unless the OP got ALL his money back, that's considered theft
__________________
butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #22
camaro10rjt
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bradenton
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
So for the other side of the story.....I was not present when the pistons were installed, but I did personally check piston to valve clearance and there was over .120 and .080 is spec so there is absolutely NO danger as installed, but was still not correct so we offered to tear it down and correct it at our cost (our fault and when Rodney messed up customers engines here we never threw him under the bus....we fixed it all and made all right). So, we did everything to convince the customer to have me personally correct this and he refused due to the influence of the other shop. The rest of the info is plain false.....and typical of the BS fed others.

So, the customer refused and we also paid him a generous amount to help compensate but he is caught up in the politics between shops again.

Facts are facts, so get both sides to the story.

When we make mistakes (and by we I mean our techs and that included all the BIG mistakes Rodney made while here) we make them right, but we will NOT be manipulated by an unscrupulous competitor and what they do. And also, on here are the same ones like cant see me that still has not paid for or returned a brand new Borg Warner turbo sent him and the others.
Again you want to say its the influence of FSP that made me not have you fix the car when the pistons were incorrect, which is total BS. I made all decisions on this and with the rest of the build myself. Mistakes happen, I agree but you cant expect someone to bring a car back to you to fix when this happens like I told you TRUST went out the door when you see this.

As for you saying the rest is utter lies, then can you tell me where the boost a pump was installed in the car so I can take it out cause I can't find it anywhere, or was i mistaken when you told me you cancelled the order cause I didnt need it anymore. I was paid $500 and got 2 turbos I already paid for wouldnt consider that compensated considering I spent an additional 5k to fix all the work your shop did so very well. I guess when I stopped by the shop you where their too and I just couldn't see you cause you were working your 14 hour days somewhere. I guess I didn't see your GM write my name and number down and tell me tracy will call you when he gets in.

You can put the blame on the haters or put the blame on the other shop Tracy but ultimately you work speaks for itself own up to it and stop acting like a freaking child
camaro10rjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #23
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq
 
GbrilliantQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Decatur, Illinois
Posts: 2,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
So it's all someone else's fault? The guy you threw under the bus is at another shop fixing all your cars. And unless the OP got ALL his money back, that's considered theft
The same guy who messed up the OPs car here.....
__________________
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #24
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq
 
GbrilliantQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Decatur, Illinois
Posts: 2,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Wiat, What. He just got suspended again?
That was quick.




yay, double post.
__________________
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #25
butters
It's not the batmobile!
 
butters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
The same guy who messed up the OPs car here.....
We're you there? How do you know? How's your car coming along?
__________________
butters is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.