Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

View Poll Results: if you definitely want a cylinder please chose V6 or SS. need to figure out how many
I own a V6 20 20.83%
I own a V6 but will wait for a core exchange 7 7.29%
I own a SS 50 52.08%
I own a SS but will wait for a core exchange 21 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #995
hennesseycpl
ls7 camaro

Drives: 2010 2ss with ls7 427
Anything come in yet?
hennesseycpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #996
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennesseycpl View Post
Anything come in yet?
Not yet. Im hoping tomorrow otherwise it may not be until august 9th. The anodizer is holding me up. Sorry guys
Old 07-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #997
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Cylinders are now in stock and can be ordered right from the website.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #998
hennesseycpl
ls7 camaro

ordered one today thanks guys
Old 07-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #999
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
Will you have them at Camaro Fest?
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #1000
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmm1412 View Post
Will you have them at Camaro Fest?
Yes we will be there and have Cylinders with us
Old 07-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #1001
hennesseycpl
ls7 camaro

Ordered Friday and its already in Oklahoma on Monday you guys must be magic thanks
Old 07-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #1002
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennesseycpl View Post
Ordered Friday and its already in Oklahoma on Monday you guys must be magic thanks

Old 07-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #1003
45CAMAROSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
thinking about ordering one, alittle unsure
I dont think i have too many issues shifting just the occasional high rpm issues thought it was me until i started following your thread..
I put redline trans fluid on and has been way better. but always looking to make my camaro better
Old 07-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #1004
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45CAMAROSS View Post
thinking about ordering one, alittle unsure
I dont think i have too many issues shifting just the occasional high rpm issues thought it was me until i started following your thread..
I put redline trans fluid on and has been way better. but always looking to make my camaro better

I'm not one to push a sale, if it's not happening all the time then don't waste your money.

I'll be at Camaro5 Fest for those of you going stop by my tent and say hello.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #1005
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
IDEALG,

I have the SS and have been to the drag strip twice. Each time I've gone, first with about 425hp and second time with about 450hp, the clutch pedal will pull to the floor on launch when the car is warm.

The only time the clutch pedal will not pull to the floor and stay is if I let the car cool for about 30-40 minutes upon getting to the drag strip and in-between passes. I cannot hot lap even once.

My car only has 14XXX miles on it and I believe that the brake fluid has never been changed. My car now has 465hp. I believe that the problem is obviously not the clutch although I will probably change the clutch sometime soon.

Where would you start in order to get this problem fixed? Get a GTO Reservoir and switch to DOT4 Fluid? Get the GTO reservoir, DOT4 fluid, and get one of your master cylinders, or do I just need to wait it out and splurge for a new clutch?

I don't want to purchase something I don't need, but I do want to make sure the clutch pedal doesn't pull to the floor, stick to the floor, or get all mushy after a pass.

Thanks for the help!

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #1006
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 View Post
IDEALG,

I have the SS and have been to the drag strip twice. Each time I've gone, first with about 425hp and second time with about 450hp, the clutch pedal will pull to the floor on launch when the car is warm.

The only time the clutch pedal will not pull to the floor and stay is if I let the car cool for about 30-40 minutes upon getting to the drag strip and in-between passes. I cannot hot lap even once.

My car only has 14XXX miles on it and I believe that the brake fluid has never been changed. My car now has 465hp. I believe that the problem is obviously not the clutch although I will probably change the clutch sometime soon.

Where would you start in order to get this problem fixed? Get a GTO Reservoir and switch to DOT4 Fluid? Get the GTO reservoir, DOT4 fluid, and get one of your master cylinders, or do I just need to wait it out and splurge for a new clutch?

I don't want to purchase something I don't need, but I do want to make sure the clutch pedal doesn't pull to the floor, stick to the floor, or get all mushy after a pass.

Thanks for the help!
Definitely get the GTO Reservoir and separate your fluid, i'm sure it's way too dirty already. If it was my car i'd throw that stock clutch and throw out bearing in the garbage. Get yourself a good clutch with a solid throw out bearing like a Street slayer.

My Master Cylinder has stopped the pedal from sticking to the floor in multiple cars already but if i were you i'd get rid of that stock clutch.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #1007
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
Definitely get the GTO Reservoir and separate your fluid, i'm sure it's way too dirty already. If it was my car i'd throw that stock clutch and throw out bearing in the garbage. Get yourself a good clutch with a solid throw out bearing like a Street slayer.

My Master Cylinder has stopped the pedal from sticking to the floor in multiple cars already but if i were you i'd get rid of that stock clutch.
Thank you, I appreciate the quick response! Now time for another question since you're recommending a clutch. Do I need to go all the way up to a twin disk carbon like the street slayer or would I be fine with something like a single disk such as the Mantic ER2? I do have plans for maybe a 100 shot of nitrous tops, but that will be my last engine performance altering mod.

Also I have not had any luck searching online about how to flush the fluid out of the system and change to the GTO reservoir. (and I've never done it so forgive me) My understanding is that you just get a huge turkey baster and suck as much fluid out as you can, refill with new fluid, pump brake/clutch, suck fluid out/refill, pump brake/clutch - repeat until fluid is looking good. Or is there an easier way to do it?

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #1008
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 View Post
Thank you, I appreciate the quick response! Now time for another question since you're recommending a clutch. Do I need to go all the way up to a twin disk carbon like the street slayer or would I be fine with something like a single disk such as the Mantic ER2? I do have plans for maybe a 100 shot of nitrous tops, but that will be my last engine performance altering mod.

Also I have not had any luck searching online about how to flush the fluid out of the system and change to the GTO reservoir. (and I've never done it so forgive me) My understanding is that you just get a huge turkey baster and suck as much fluid out as you can, refill with new fluid, pump brake/clutch, suck fluid out/refill, pump brake/clutch - repeat until fluid is looking good. Or is there an easier way to do it?

I'd do the twin disc especially if your thinking of throwing more power at it.

you need to bleed the whole system until fresh fluid comes out of the bleeder. not sure if my videos will help you but the first page of this thread has video links you can check out.