Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Night Owl LED
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #51
GAHDOOSH
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 451
If you don't buy the RS package, you will always wish you had. The headlights and rims are well worth the money. I had the dual mode perf exhaust and I don't think I would have liked the car as much without it. The quad pipes are worth the money, and the sound is an added bonus. Manual transmission for sure, it is a muscle car after all.

Sounds like you're on the right track, just remember how hard black paint is to maintain. You may want to consider the ashen grey metallic (dark grey) to save yourself some pain
__________________
2013 2LT/RS V6 Manual 6-Speed w/ Cold Air Inductions Cold Air Intake, VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Drake Bowtie Delete, SJM Autoprod Dash ABL kit, Side Marker Tint, Reverse Light Tint, Window Tint

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #52
Del's12SS
 
Del's12SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wyoming, MI
Posts: 568
DaveA,
Congrats on your decision.
Awesome when life works out eh?

One thing you will learn on this forum is everyone loves to spend YOUR money and tell you what YOU want.

Stick to your guns, get what you want.

Personally, I travelled for mine, it was the exact color, the exact trim level and the price was out of this world... it took me several months to find it, and when I did the dealer was motivated to sell (winter).

Good luck!!!
Mark
__________________
Del's12SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #53
DaveA
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 125
It is funny to have people recommend me things I don't want when I specifically stated two things I must have are vert and 8 cyl. I appreciate all the feedback, though. I get that everyone has their desires. Mine was a mucle car - v8, standard, vert. Those were non negotiable.

I pulled the trigger! And I want to thank everyone who told me not to settle and be willing to travel. I almost pulled the trigger this past weekend at the local dealer for a 1SS without the RS package. They wouldn't work much with me on price. If they had, I may have bit. I was anxious to pick it up this week and have it for next week on my vaca. I emailed the sales guy today and told him I went elsewhere due to being unhappy with the price they offered.

After deciding I might be willing to travel for the right car, I found one a few states over. About 7-8 hours drive. I just finished all the paperwork and will fly down next week to drive it back. Killer price. Killer. Highly rated dealer, too. I'm very happy and excited.

Black - V8 vert - 2SS
Leather interior with the inferno orange (I love it)
RS package!
Dual exhaust!
Had a few other features, too, like GPS nav, but for the price I got it for I'm not complaining. Performance shifter too.

I'll post some pics soon.

I'm on vacation for two weeks and I'm thinking of flying down Tuesday or Thursday, so I'll still have a full week and a half to drive it around. I'll likely put a few thousand miles on it during my vacation.

I'll post some pictures soon.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #54
oklapike
 
oklapike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
It is funny to have people recommend me things I don't want when I specifically stated two things I must have are vert and 8 cyl. I appreciate all the feedback, though. I get that everyone has their desires. Mine was a mucle car - v8, standard, vert. Those were non negotiable.

I pulled the trigger! And I want to thank everyone who told me not to settle and be willing to travel. I almost pulled the trigger this past weekend at the local dealer for a 1SS without the RS package. They wouldn't work much with me on price. If they had, I may have bit. I was anxious to pick it up this week and have it for next week on my vaca. I emailed the sales guy today and told him I went elsewhere due to being unhappy with the price they offered.

After deciding I might be willing to travel for the right car, I found one a few states over. About 7-8 hours drive. I just finished all the paperwork and will fly down next week to drive it back. Killer price. Killer. Highly rated dealer, too. I'm very happy and excited.

Black - V8 vert - 2SS
Leather interior with the inferno orange (I love it)
RS package!
Dual exhaust!
Had a few other features, too, like GPS nav, but for the price I got it for I'm not complaining. Performance shifter too.

I'll post some pics soon.

I'm on vacation for two weeks and I'm thinking of flying down Tuesday or Thursday, so I'll still have a full week and a half to drive it around. I'll likely put a few thousand miles on it during my vacation.

I'll post some pictures soon.
Sounds awesome! Congrats, can't wait to see pics.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #55
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011
 
'11 cyber grey vert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mississauga,Ontario
Posts: 759
congrats on the purchase...
driving a coupe= okay
Driving a vert= priceless!!!
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #56
CMYarb
 
CMYarb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CAMARO SIM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 484
shop around... it took me a couple months of digging, but i found my 2011 2ss for under 30k, with 6800 miles, well worth the four hour drive.
CMYarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #57
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,743
I think you made a good decision, I can't wait on thise pics
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #58
Del's12SS
 
Del's12SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wyoming, MI
Posts: 568
Congrats Dave..... Leave tomorrow and drive back through Indy for the Fest this weekend
__________________
Del's12SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:40 PM   #59
Bowtiepower00
 
Bowtiepower00's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LS IOM, '11 LS 6M (former)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 128
Dave,

Congrats! You are going to absolutely LOVE the car. My biggest piece of advice, is to take a day and buff out and wax the entire body out to remove any swirls, etc, that are likely there. This depends on how picky you are, but if you are like me, it will only take one crappy dealer wash to cover the body with swirls, that are only visible in direct sunlight, but will drive you crazy if you are OCD like some of us. A good detail with the right products, as well as a good coat of quality wax will make the paint look much better.

Again, congrats on your dream car, good to see you got exactly what you wanted, so you have no regrets in the future. It's amazing the difference a good dealer can make! Many of them are absolutely clueless.
Bowtiepower00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:22 AM   #60
LStick

 
LStick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LS Blue Ray
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Streetsboro Ohio
Posts: 753
Happy for you !!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a safe trip, and enjoy your new ride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Jim
__________________
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:10 AM   #61
White Shark
 
White Shark's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I wanted the v8 power and sound.....inferno orange with white stripes..2ss rs I could not be any happier, people are right, get what you want ...don't fall for the get the v6 and mod it stuff, get the v8 muscle that you want
I agree, I bought a 2011 LS M6 and put some mods on it, then 2 years later traded for a 2013 SS and wish I would have done that in the beginning.
__________________
White Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:47 PM   #62
SS PANTHER

 
SS PANTHER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS Convertible Triple Black
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert View Post
congrats on the purchase...
driving a coupe= okay
Driving a vert= priceless!!!
Congrats on the new vert. Enjoy your trip back with the top down. Get the windscreen if it did not come with it. Quiet with little wind at 70+ with the windscreen and the windows up. Be sure to use your tonneau for long top down drives.

Last edited by SS PANTHER; 07-31-2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: added a sentence
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #63
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan
 
Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 4,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
It is funny to have people recommend me things I don't want when I specifically stated two things I must have are vert and 8 cyl. I appreciate all the feedback, though. I get that everyone has their desires. Mine was a mucle car - v8, standard, vert. Those were non negotiable.

I pulled the trigger! And I want to thank everyone who told me not to settle and be willing to travel. I almost pulled the trigger this past weekend at the local dealer for a 1SS without the RS package. They wouldn't work much with me on price. If they had, I may have bit. I was anxious to pick it up this week and have it for next week on my vaca. I emailed the sales guy today and told him I went elsewhere due to being unhappy with the price they offered.

After deciding I might be willing to travel for the right car, I found one a few states over. About 7-8 hours drive. I just finished all the paperwork and will fly down next week to drive it back. Killer price. Killer. Highly rated dealer, too. I'm very happy and excited.

Black - V8 vert - 2SS
Leather interior with the inferno orange (I love it)
RS package!
Dual exhaust!
Had a few other features, too, like GPS nav, but for the price I got it for I'm not complaining. Performance shifter too.

I'll post some pics soon.

I'm on vacation for two weeks and I'm thinking of flying down Tuesday or Thursday, so I'll still have a full week and a half to drive it around. I'll likely put a few thousand miles on it during my vacation.

I'll post some pictures soon.

I am so glad you didn't go with Clay Chevy on the automile. Think twice about having them service it. They have been awful with my car. As in: I had to give the shop information on basic things on the car, and they still screwed up. As in they actually put a front tire on a rear rim and vice-versa, and then told me no, the wheels are all the same width. And they damaged my wheels too.

Try Cadillac Village at the rotary in Norwood. Talk to Paul Tressler. He's an up front guy and easy to deal with. I bring my Camaro to them for service. Will not ever go back to Clay Chevy. Central Buick GMC is no better
.
__________________
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #64
RipCityCoug
 
Drives: 2010 2SS, Black w/ Black Stripes
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Portland
Posts: 21
I would definitely give a lightly used 2SS a serious look, I'm definitely glad I did. My budget was going to allow me to either get a new 2LT or a used 2SS and going used was definitely worth it. I agree with lots of people on here too saying that the RS pack is definitely worth it. I'm always driving with the halos on instead of the DRLs.
RipCityCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #65
DaveA
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 125
Got her! 500 miles on her now thanks to the ride home. Loved it, though.



DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #66
kevinw

 
Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: kansas city
Posts: 1,516
dave, i am looking at the V6 myself as i want better mileage as daily driver. as you live in boston, i live in kansas city, and we get snow. for a vert, i wonder if that will be a maint. issue. my wallet, i can afford a 2014 1lt vert or 2lt coupe, however, there are some 2lt verts that are 2013 with gm rebate that may be in my range, on top end. i dont want RS, i want all season tires too. i dont need 400 hp as i dont know where you could use it, speed limt here is 70, and the v6 will do that. unless you are going to race the car, the power to me seems like overkill. but to each his own.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #67
Comrando
SScalator
 
Comrando's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 CGM LS3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
Got her! 500 miles on her now thanks to the ride home. Loved it, though.
Congratulations

Tell us more?
1SS or 2SS?
Any options?
__________________
Give me fuel. Give me fire. Give me that which I desire.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Slotict/Camaro/Wink-2_zpscd6910bd.jpg
Comrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #68
DaveA
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
dave, i am looking at the V6 myself as i want better mileage as daily driver. as you live in boston, i live in kansas city, and we get snow. for a vert, i wonder if that will be a maint. issue. my wallet, i can afford a 2014 1lt vert or 2lt coupe, however, there are some 2lt verts that are 2013 with gm rebate that may be in my range, on top end. i dont want RS, i want all season tires too. i dont need 400 hp as i dont know where you could use it, speed limt here is 70, and the v6 will do that. unless you are going to race the car, the power to me seems like overkill. but to each his own.
My wife and I decided we would keep our little Aveo as a commuting / spare car. It's dirt cheap to run and maintain. So the snow is a non issue. I also have access to my mother-in-law's AWD car as she stays at our house all week to watch our two twins.

You kind of nail it with the 'two each his own'. I can't tell you what to get. Just make a list of what you want. I made a list of 'Must haves' and a list of 'Would like to haves'. Must have for me was 8cyl, vert, and black.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #69
DaveA
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Congratulations

Tell us more?
1SS or 2SS?
Any options?
2013 black vert
Inferno orange interior
2SS
manual
RS package
GPS nav
heated seats (didn't need but wife will like)
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #70
DaveA
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post

Try Cadillac Village at the rotary in Norwood. Talk to Paul Tressler. He's an up front guy and easy to deal with. I bring my Camaro to them for service. Will not ever go back to Clay Chevy. Central Buick GMC is no better
.
What about warranty work? I need a good Chevrolet dealership in this state! Man, I hate Quirk, too. Hate them. Real bad experience buying a used car from them a few years back. I'm tempted to send Mr. Quirk a letter with copies of what we paid for 1) Kia Sorrento 2013 (new), 2) Kia Sportgage 2013 (new), 3) Chevrolet Camaro (new). I'm a big believer in repeat business and Mr. Quirk lost a customer for life, along with me telling everyone of my bad experience there as well.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #71
kevinw

 
Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: kansas city
Posts: 1,516
very very nice car. congrats. i am still shopping and the way i end of deciding, the 2016 models will probalby be on the lots by then.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #72
snaphappy
 
snaphappy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Olive Branch, Ms
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
Got her! 500 miles on her now thanks to the ride home. Loved it, though.



This is gorgeous! In this day and age, you can get exactly what you want, you just have to find it. The local dealers can't hold us hostage anymore.
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:16 AM   #73
LStick

 
LStick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LS Blue Ray
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Streetsboro Ohio
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
This is gorgeous! In this day and age, you can get exactly what you want, you just have to find it. The local dealers can't hold us hostage anymore.
What's nice is, with a little bit of internet sleuthing, most of these cars show up on the common sites such as Autotrader, Cars.com or Car gurus.

You have the option of not involving a third party anymore- for his "expertise" of plugging in the parameters of a search, "locating it" , and paying a premium.
Of course, there may be cars in the dealer networks that are not listed online, but, the lion's share are.
You just need decent communication skills, and if need be, the willingness and time to travel.
__________________
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:21 AM   #74
Glen e

 
Drives: Cyber/Red C7
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 2,035
2SS/RS - anything else a year from now you'll regret you did not spring for the 2SS - if it truly is your dream car....
__________________
Glen
2LT C7 Cyber/Red
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #75
Blackkaz04
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS SOLD
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
2013 black vert
Inferno orange interior
2SS
manual
RS package
GPS nav
heated seats (didn't need but wife will like)
well done! enjoy keeping that black paint clean You have a new hobby now
Blackkaz04 is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.