Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #491
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 15 Chevy Impala 2LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
I think GM will move Camaro production to Michigan for a year or two before the 6th rev comes out. Think about it: they will get sales off the 50th anniversary car akin to the Corvette keeping its look until the 60th anniversary edition was over, which is of course the 2014 Stingray, hot car, but stole Camaro's taillights. This will also give GM time to tool up the factory and hopefully get their quality to where Oshawa's was/is, if not better.
Wrong, it's two years till the 6 th gen is supposed to debute, why would GM go to the expense to move 5th gen production to Michigan for two years? You are talking about a huge endeavor. It is much simpler to keep 5th gen production in Oshwa as they are tooling up for the 6th Gen in Michigan.

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #492
snackbar64

Drives: SW ZL1, A6, Carbon, Nav, MR, 10 spk
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
So it makes more sense for a company to redesign an entire vehicle and have a whole model year's worth of "hideous" cars that no one wants just so dealer's can sell a few left over 2013's? Ignoring the fact that dealership's aren't owned by Chevrolet but by individuals.

Just doesn't make sense IMO
You are right, it doesn't make sense. I was more so joking around with that part of my statement, but if these cars are only gonna be around for a year with a complete face lift and rear end re-do, to me, that doesn't really make sense either.

However, I am just a loyal customer patiently waiting for them to build something else great. Unfortunately I'm not a marketer so this is purely opinion with no science to my reasoning. I want the Camaro to do well overall so that they can have the green light to be built for many years to come, but this just seems like a small, yet significant and ill-advised step in the wrong direction.

With that said I must agree with many others who have posted the same. I am very happy with my 2013. It is a sigh of relief really knowing that I bought one of the last of the aesthetically pleasing models. If I had bought an 04 Corvette Z06, or a 2006 Tahoe or Silverado I would have felt terrible knowing what was one year around the corner. That is a big fear as a potential buyer hoping they won't swing for the fences with the proceeding model. That is not the case here and I am grateful.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #493
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar64 View Post
You are right, it doesn't make sense. I was more so joking around with that part of my statement, but if these cars are only gonna be around for a year with a complete face lift and rear end re-do, to me, that doesn't really make sense either.

However, I am just a loyal customer patiently waiting for them to build something else great. Unfortunately I'm not a marketer so this is purely opinion with no science to my reasoning. I want the Camaro to do well overall so that they can have the green light to built for many years to come, but this just seems like an ill-advised step in the wrong direction.
Two years at a minimum, not one year.

The Bird is the word!
Old 07-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #494
snackbar64

Drives: SW ZL1, A6, Carbon, Nav, MR, 10 spk
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
2 problems with your statement. The general consensus around here feels that the sixth gen won't show until 2015 as a 2016 model year. Also your opinions on the looks of the 2014 Camaro and Silverado are just that, opinions. I think both look great and are improved over the previous model year.
That is correct my comments are purely opinionated. We all have our hard earned money to spend and we buy what we like. The new Silverado is more technologically sound than ever before and on that aspect alone blows the previous truck away. However, the current design of the new Silverado just doesn't do it for me. For what it's worth, I own a 08 Sierra and I think the new Sierra looks much better than the new Silverado.

Right now they have discounts as steep as $13,000.00 on 2013 Sierras and Silverados. Is the new truck 13 grand better? I'm not so sure. They 13's are more than capable for much less money.

In the end it probably doesn't matter because we will either buy what they have to sell us or take our money elsewhere I suppose.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #495
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Did they end up changing the gauges at all? It's a color HUD now right? I'd love to see pics!
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #496
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezee View Post
Did they end up changing the gauges at all? It's a color HUD now right? I'd love to see pics!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #497
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Thanks! Pretty cool! I like the color display tho I could care less about the HUD. I turn mine off. Wonder how hard it would be to install the new gauges tho???
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #498
Bowtiepower00

Drives: '13 1LS IOM, '11 LS 6M (former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here - but let's stop conjecture about "what's coming ahead" because you don't know what's coming ahead.

The future continues to look very bright.

Fbodfather,

Thank you for keeping our beloved Camaros alive, some of us might differ on things here or there, but, rest assured, I think most of us will purchase another Camaro when the Gen 6's are released. The Gen 5 is an outstanding platform (my 2nd LS is being delivered tomorrow...)

Can we please, see a Hugger Orange color option on the Gen 6? I like IOM (next one is IOM) but would love to see a true Hugger Orange, even if it's for only a year or two.
Bowtiepower00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #499
J-ROD-210

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT A6
I still don't get the "in person" posts. The concept 5 th gen was bad ass in pics and in person. How is this refresh going to change "in person"?!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #500
Demon Z/28
Scarecrow

Drives: like a granny
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROD-210 View Post
I still don't get the "in person" posts. The concept 5 th gen was bad ass in pics and in person. How is this refresh going to change "in person"?!!!
Ya! Super Badass!

Old 07-30-2013, 11:05 PM   #501
Demon Z/28
Scarecrow

Drives: like a granny
20 pages of this !?!?!?!

Of the 6 total 2014s that will be sold, total, this will be the rarest Camaro ever!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:13 AM   #502
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy/2007 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
That is correct my comments are purely opinionated. We all have our hard earned money to spend and we buy what we like. The new Silverado is more technologically sound than ever before and on that aspect alone blows the previous truck away. However, the current design of the new Silverado just doesn't do it for me. For what it's worth, I own a 08 Sierra and I think the new Sierra looks much better than the new Silverado.

Right now they have discounts as steep as $13,000.00 on 2013 Sierras and Silverados. Is the new truck 13 grand better? I'm not so sure. They 13's are more than capable for much less money.

In the end it probably doesn't matter because we will either buy what they have to sell us or take our money elsewhere I suppose.
After seeing the '14 K2XXs in person, you'd have to pay me to take a GMT-900 over one.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:18 AM   #503
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy/2007 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
If newly designed Camaros' are coming in 2015 why do this? It seems with the current 2013 ZL1, 1LE and Hot Wheels edition Camaros' there was enough there to keep the lineup fresh until the 2015's gets here. The current 2010-2013 design is timeless in my opinion. This 2014 not an improvement. Maybe they did this to move the rest of the 13's remaining on lots for 2015.
Three niche/low volume models aren't going to be enough to keep Camaro afloat for two more years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
I think GM will move Camaro production to Michigan for a year or two before the 6th rev comes out. Think about it: they will get sales off the 50th anniversary car akin to the Corvette keeping its look until the 60th anniversary edition was over, which is of course the 2014 Stingray, hot car, but stole Camaro's taillights. This will also give GM time to tool up the factory and hopefully get their quality to where Oshawa's was/is, if not better.
LGR isn't tooled for Zeta, nor would it be economically feasible to begin 5th gen production there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Wrong, it's two years till the 6 th gen is supposed to debute, why would GM go to the expense to move 5th gen production to Michigan for two years? You are talking about a huge endeavor. It is much simpler to keep 5th gen production in Oshwa as they are tooling up for the 6th Gen in Michigan.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #504
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROD-210 View Post
Well I have been into cars since the early 60's, and I can say without any doubt that pictures do not always look as good or as bad as the actual car when you see it on the street. Also I can say there are a few cars that I absolutely hated when I saw them for the first time, but over a couple years they started to appeal to me and I ended up buying one.. Such as the Monte Carlos from the early 2000's and the HHR.

The Bird is the word!

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 07-31-2013 at 07:35 AM.