Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Camaro Convertible Forum For all Camaro Convertible specific discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
osprey6
 
Drives: 2012 45th vert
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 124
New TSB for Vert is out

Gents,
I saw saw a new TSB was released today (3 Apr). I was at the dealership getting an oil change and saw it sitting on a desk. I didnt take it (I should have) but wanted to let everyone know one came out. I am sure we have plenty of smart folks on here with connections to track it down----
osprey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
cflbuckeye
 
Drives: 2012 Convertible Camaro 2SS w/RS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oviedo, FL
Posts: 172
I just had 2012 vert in today (they were replacing the radio face plate), and they also reprogramed the S.D.M. (not sure what the acronym stands for), but they said it had to do with the airbags. On my receipt it says "Performed Factory Required Recall---12065".

Not sure if that's it, but they said they had a TSB for it.
cflbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
osprey6
 
Drives: 2012 45th vert
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 124
When I was at the dealer at 1000 am the service manager told me one will be out in about two weeks. When I stop to get me car they just printed on off (3pm). I too had my airbag sensor reprogrammed today.
osprey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
cam62

 
Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,255
I had my car in the shop today for a whole different reason almost lost a wheel.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213993

They performed this recall and now my airbag light is flashing. I spoke with the tech and I'll bring it back tomorrow for "reprogramming".
__________________
rx catch can;vmax ported throttle body;bowtie delete;SLP SS emblem;CAI cold air intake
cam62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
cam62

 
Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by osprey6 View Post
Gents,
I saw saw a new TSB was released today (3 Apr). I was at the dealership getting an oil change and saw it sitting on a desk. I didnt take it (I should have) but wanted to let everyone know one came out. I am sure we have plenty of smart folks on here with connections to track it down----
I got to view it today when I was at the dealership with the technician that works on my car.

I hate to dissappoint everyone but it appears that it is all of the tsb's for our tops combined into one.

Bracket trims.
Cable tensioners.
5th bow.

etc... there may be a couple other things there.
__________________
rx catch can;vmax ported throttle body;bowtie delete;SLP SS emblem;CAI cold air intake
cam62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
hwanger24
 
hwanger24's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Camaro Convert 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 72
Can TSB's be only printed by GM dealers? Or do repair shops have access to them?
hwanger24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
Capt_Pooty
Slow Race Vert
 
Capt_Pooty's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT Vert
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Benbrook TX
Posts: 857
Ok, I am sorry but what is a TSB ? I have seen many threads about this but have no clue.. Thanks in advance
Capt_Pooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #8
malave7567

 
malave7567's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Pooty View Post
Ok, I am sorry but what is a TSB ? I have seen many threads about this but have no clue.. Thanks in advance
Technical Service Bulletin
__________________
2013 Scion FR-S - current DD, after life circumstances made me get out of a Camaro
2014 Camaro 1LT, Red Rock Metallic, wife's car once we could get a Camaro again
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #9
Capt_Pooty
Slow Race Vert
 
Capt_Pooty's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT Vert
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Benbrook TX
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by malave7567 View Post
Technical Service Bulletin
Ty for answering that !
Capt_Pooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
Acesfull5502
 
Acesfull5502's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Red 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: arlijgton, tx
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by cflbuckeye View Post
I just had 2012 vert in today (they were replacing the radio face plate), and they also reprogramed the S.D.M. (not sure what the acronym stands for), but they said it had to do with the airbags. On my receipt it says "Performed Factory Required Recall---12065".

Not sure if that's it, but they said they had a TSB for it.
Sensing and diagnostic module. Its basically the computer that controls your airbags.

Red 2SS/ RS using tapatalk
Acesfull5502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #11
jtfire006
 
jtfire006's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 v-6 vert
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: biloxi, ms
Posts: 141
dealer says for 2012 only for the airbag light, and its for the light coming on when no one is in the seat, not the issue we are having with it not coming on while we have a passenger, although they said it MAY fix that issuse as well
jtfire006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #12
ambientweather
 
ambientweather's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Convertible 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 265
Here it is. My problem did not apply:

Condition


On certain 2012 model year Chevrolet Camaro vehicles, software in the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) may cause the airbag warning light to illuminate. This condition does not affect the performance of the airbags, and the airbags will deploy as designed.

Correction


Dealers are to reprogram the SDM.

Vehicles Involved


All involved vehicles are identified by Vehicle Identification Number on the Investigate Vehicle History screen in GM Global Warranty Management system. Dealership service personnel should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is important to routinely use this tool to verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content.
For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing with involved vehicles containing the complete vehicle identification number, customer name, and address information has been prepared and will be provided to US and Canadian dealers through the GM GlobalConnect Recall Reports, or sent directly to export dealers. Dealers will not have a report available if they have no involved vehicles currently assigned.
The listing may contain customer names and addresses obtained from Motor Vehicle Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than follow-up necessary to complete this program is a violation of law in several states/provinces/countries. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this report to the follow-up necessary to complete this program.
__________________
Ambient Weather
ambientweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #13
MS3DALE

 
MS3DALE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carmichaels,Pa.
Posts: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesfull5502 View Post
Sensing and diagnostic module. Its basically the computer that controls your airbags.

Red 2SS/ RS using tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfire006 View Post
dealer says for 2012 only for the airbag light, and its for the light coming on when no one is in the seat, not the issue we are having with it not coming on while we have a passenger, although they said it MAY fix that issuse as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientweather View Post
Here it is. My problem did not apply:

Condition


On certain 2012 model year Chevrolet Camaro vehicles, software in the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) may cause the airbag warning light to illuminate. This condition does not affect the performance of the airbags, and the airbags will deploy as designed.

Correction


Dealers are to reprogram the SDM.

Vehicles Involved


All involved vehicles are identified by Vehicle Identification Number on the Investigate Vehicle History screen in GM Global Warranty Management system. Dealership service personnel should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is important to routinely use this tool to verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content.
For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing with involved vehicles containing the complete vehicle identification number, customer name, and address information has been prepared and will be provided to US and Canadian dealers through the GM GlobalConnect Recall Reports, or sent directly to export dealers. Dealers will not have a report available if they have no involved vehicles currently assigned.
The listing may contain customer names and addresses obtained from Motor Vehicle Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than follow-up necessary to complete this program is a violation of law in several states/provinces/countries. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this report to the follow-up necessary to complete this program.
Nope,thats not it,thats another TSB that came out earlier on the same day.
I'll post what I can on the 'vert issue below.
__________________

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'07 SILVERADO Z71 1500 Ext.Cab Z71 6.0 "VortecMAX"-GMPP CAI-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #14
MS3DALE

 
MS3DALE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carmichaels,Pa.
Posts: 2,195
Program Bulletin

Bulletin No.: 12052
Date:April 2012

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM
SUBJECT: Convertible Top Enhancements

MODELS: 2011-2012 Chevrolet Camaro
Equipped with Convertible Top
THIS PROGRAM IS IN EFFECT UNTIL APRIL 30, 2014.

CONDITION
Certain 2011-2012 model year Chevrolet Camaro vehicles, equipped with a convertible top,
may have a condition in which the headliner corner support bracket may contact or tear the convertible top when the top is in down position, and may have wind noise at the front and/or rear quarter glass.

CORRECTION
Dealers are to modify the corner support bracket to eliminate the possibility of a tear in the convertible top, and install wind-proofing material and adjust a tension spring to eliminate the wind noise.


There is more info.,along with pictures,but I'm unable to post them.
__________________

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'07 SILVERADO Z71 1500 Ext.Cab Z71 6.0 "VortecMAX"-GMPP CAI-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #15
Baba

 
Baba's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USAREUR/CONUS-DOD/A
Posts: 1,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS3DALE View Post
Program Bulletin


Bulletin No.: 12052
Date:April 2012

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM
SUBJECT: Convertible Top Enhancements

MODELS: 2011-2012 Chevrolet Camaro
Equipped with Convertible Top
THIS PROGRAM IS IN EFFECT UNTIL APRIL 30, 2014.

CONDITION
Certain 2011-2012 model year Chevrolet Camaro vehicles, equipped with a convertible top,
may have a condition in which the headliner corner support bracket may contact or tear the convertible top when the top is in down position, and may have wind noise at the front and/or rear quarter glass.

CORRECTION
Dealers are to modify the corner support bracket to eliminate the possibility of a tear in the convertible top, and install wind-proofing material and adjust a tension spring to eliminate the wind noise.


There is more info.,along with pictures,but I'm unable to post them.
Excellent! Thank you very much for sharing!
__________________
2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Summit White
Black Leather
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #16
RamGrad
 
RamGrad's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 2LT/RS Vert, '68 Chevy C10
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 242
HOT DAMN!!!! This is great news! Hopefully the install goes well, and we wont have a rash of breaking 5th bows!!
__________________
2011 2LT/RS Vert
Summit White
IO Interior/Orange Stripes
RamGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #17
jtfire006
 
jtfire006's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 v-6 vert
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: biloxi, ms
Posts: 141
same dam 3 tsbs just packed into one, i called my dealer today and they had to order the parts for this new TSB guess what, it was frickin tape. only thing this does is prove they know theres a problem which they already knew. STUPID!!!
jtfire006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #18
osprey6
 
Drives: 2012 45th vert
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 124
It also has something about moving the springs next to the 1st bow... My top rubs on the springs...I think that one is new to the tsb......I found be wrong..
osprey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #19
jtfire006
 
jtfire006's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 v-6 vert
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: biloxi, ms
Posts: 141
no thats ones not new, its the same one that suppose to fix the wind noise above the driver and passenger door. nothings new!!
jtfire006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:39 AM   #20
bulllett
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: East Hampton, CT
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfire006 View Post
same dam 3 tsbs just packed into one, i called my dealer today and they had to order the parts for this new TSB guess what, it was frickin tape. only thing this does is prove they know theres a problem which they already knew. STUPID!!!
Sure does sound like repackaging.

Put a shiny new label on that bottle of Ketchup but its still the same ketchup.
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #21
Nutbutt


 
Nutbutt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Western Massachusetts
Posts: 3,241
New and improved ! Less paper to print out
__________________
1st IPF Supercharged 2011 2LT/RS RJT Convertible
Nutbutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #22
MS3DALE

 
MS3DALE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carmichaels,Pa.
Posts: 2,195
TSB

I provided a link to the TSB here..
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=16
__________________

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'07 SILVERADO Z71 1500 Ext.Cab Z71 6.0 "VortecMAX"-GMPP CAI-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #23
Wollmank
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE AGM
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West Palm Beach
Posts: 195
How do you know what verts have this problem.mit says certain vins. What are these certain vins affected?
Wollmank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #24
Nutbutt


 
Nutbutt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Western Massachusetts
Posts: 3,241
Easy enough, call your dealer.
__________________
1st IPF Supercharged 2011 2LT/RS RJT Convertible
Nutbutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:04 AM   #25
SS PANTHER

 
SS PANTHER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS Convertible Triple Black
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,309
This is how GM is handling the TSB's

SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TSB 09-01-37-001 (Noisy heater core) Hicompression Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 115 04-06-2013 06:08 AM
- HRD_WRK Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 5 12-02-2011 09:29 AM
TSB lookup? c0rsa180 Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 3 11-13-2010 05:34 PM
TSB for 2010 Camaro buddylok Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 7 09-28-2010 02:27 PM
Spoiler TSB SS_in_Black 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 5 08-22-2009 10:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.