Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #687
pancherj
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 353
HAHA! After posting, I went out and did some searching on this forum. Guess the days of buying a lightweight 15" for $250 is over!

Is the only choice the Bogart or the Weld? Any preference for the radial versus the bias ply slick? On my Camaro, I ran the exact same 60' on Drag radials and slicks. Might be a different ball game with this car.
pancherj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #688
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancherj View Post
HAHA! After posting, I went out and did some searching on this forum. Guess the days of buying a lightweight 15" for $250 is over!

Is the only choice the Bogart or the Weld? Any preference for the radial versus the bias ply slick? On my Camaro, I ran the exact same 60' on Drag radials and slicks. Might be a different ball game with this car.
Camaro tax!! Everything is expensive.

You can try some 18" drag radials on the 18" corvette replica wheels to start out. A rear setup is around $1k. I don't think that's enough tire for your car. If you want to drive like a fairy down the track you'll be fine but if you really want to smash it I'd just go to a dedicated drag set up.

That's a lot more work with either trailering the car or swapping at the track.

Don't forget that the clutch will be trashed after the first real day of drag racing. Either have a wrecker service ready or change it before going. 800 rwhp + stock clutch + drag racing =
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #689
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Camaro tax!! Everything is expensive.

You can try some 18" drag radials on the 18" corvette replica wheels to start out. A rear setup is around $1k. I don't think that's enough tire for your car. If you want to drive like a fairy down the track you'll be fine but if you really want to smash it I'd just go to a dedicated drag set up.

That's a lot more work with either trailering the car or swapping at the track.

Don't forget that the clutch will be trashed after the first real day of drag racing. Either have a wrecker service ready or change it before going. 800 rwhp + stock clutch + drag racing =
Ah the clutch will be fine don't scare the man. ECS has plenty stock clutch cars making lots of passes . It was fine at the dig or roll event. 18 corvette replicas with a Mickey Thompson ET street would be good starting off. I had a set of welds on the car for a short time and they hooked up very well from a roll, I never did any racing as the drivetrain was stock.

Dig or roll 2 is at MIR in Maryland! ECS would love to have the car come.

Your going to probably want a slick for the nitrous. When the nitrous hits the torque is really something lol. There is a great community here and maybe you can win car of the week a second time!
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #690
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Ah the clutch will be fine don't scare the man. ECS has plenty stock clutch cars making lots of passes . It was fine at the dig or roll event. 18 corvette replicas with a Mickey Thompson ET street would be good starting off. I had a set of welds on the car for a short time and they hooked up very well from a roll, I never did any racing as the drivetrain was stock.

Dig or roll 2 is at MIR in Maryland! ECS would love to have the car come.

Your going to probably want a slick for the nitrous. When the nitrous hits the torque is really something lol. There is a great community here and maybe you can win car of the week a second time!
Stock clutch. OP, I hope you have AAA.

Do yourself a favor and research how that stock clutch does with 1000 fwhp at the dragstrip.

So who are all these ECS cars pushing the envelope of the stock clutch?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #691
pancherj
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 353
I have a truck and trailer, does that count? I will stick with driving like a fairy for now. That is infinitely better than my current situation...not driving at all! I usually race at Beaver Springs, so breaking something is not a problem. I doubt their starting line could ever contain that much horsepower on a Friday night to cause a break. The weekends are a different story.

Making it to MIR would be great! I'll let you know.

For the future...is a DYAD and a DSS driveshaft the way to go? Christmas is right around the corner.
pancherj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #692
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancherj View Post
I have a truck and trailer, does that count? I will stick with driving like a fairy for now. That is infinitely better than my current situation...not driving at all! I usually race at Beaver Springs, so breaking something is not a problem. I doubt their starting line could ever contain that much horsepower on a Friday night to cause a break. The weekends are a different story.

Making it to MIR would be great! I'll let you know.

For the future...is a DYAD and a DSS driveshaft the way to go? Christmas is right around the corner.
Doesn't that car have a 9" rear? I would think it would have the proper driveshaft. I didn't realize a stock ds would work with the 9" kit.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #693
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,235
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Jaime, is there anyone who's chops you don't bust... Anyone that is immune, at least temporarily from the abuse...lmao
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #694
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Jaime, is there anyone who's chops you don't bust... Anyone that is immune, at least temporarily from the abuse...lmao
Negative ghost rider. I am an equal opportunity ball buster. What else am I supposed to do now. It's not like I can go cruising in my car.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #695
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancherj View Post
I have a truck and trailer, does that count? I will stick with driving like a fairy for now. That is infinitely better than my current situation...not driving at all! I usually race at Beaver Springs, so breaking something is not a problem. I doubt their starting line could ever contain that much horsepower on a Friday night to cause a break. The weekends are a different story.

Making it to MIR would be great! I'll let you know.

For the future...is a DYAD and a DSS driveshaft the way to go? Christmas is right around the corner.
All you need is a clutch my friend when the time does come. Call ECS they will set you up with a Mantic Twin at a good price . Its good to 1010ft/tq.

The car has a full drivetrain replacement. Gforce 1320 9", 3.50 Gear, Moser Wavetrac, and a DSS 1 Piece Driveshaft. You need to replace nothing.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #696
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,563
Also SuperchargedSS will be watching you like a hawk most likely, busting balls at every corner. He blew up his car though
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #697
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Stock clutch. OP, I hope you have AAA.

Do yourself a favor and research how that stock clutch does with 1000 fwhp at the dragstrip.

So who are all these ECS cars pushing the envelope of the stock clutch?
Stock clutch is holding well, its a replace when it goes type of thing and you'd know it before it really let go.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #698
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Also SuperchargedSS will be watching you like a hawk most likely, busting balls at every corner. He blew up his car though
That happens to fast cars. Something you never had to worry about!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #699
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
All you need is a clutch my friend when the time does come. Call ECS they will set you up with a Mantic Twin at a good price . Its good to 1010ft/tq.

The car has a full drivetrain replacement. Gforce 1320 9", 3.50 Gear, Moser Wavetrac, and a DSS 1 Piece Driveshaft. You need to replace nothing.
I was pretty sure the drivetrain was done a little while ago. I didn't understand the need for another DS.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #700
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,235
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
That happens to fast cars. Something you never had to worry about!
So what does this say about you, fast cars can do it at any moment, not so fast cars take years to blow up....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eric Berry's National Speed Super NZ1200 Camaro Build JusticePete 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 259 10-03-2013 09:10 AM
GM is allowing Corvette owners to build the engine themselves v6sonoma General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 67 08-11-2010 12:07 AM
Before you build it GM, Dont make the same mistake twice... 302 Wild Mouse 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 86 05-19-2010 03:48 PM
GM to invest $850+ million to build new V8s RyanG 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 50 04-29-2010 11:37 AM
Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 03-15-2009 04:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.