Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #26
GLGJR
 
Drives: 09 CTS-V
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Texas
Posts: 22
I have the Pfadt on my CTS V. We had to rotate to lower part of the mount 180* and drill a new locator hole in the subframe. I hope we will be testing them out soon.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372084628.469671.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  236.8 KB
GLGJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #27
hcoll003
Proven Wicked Suspension
 
hcoll003's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 675
Dude, what a sick build!!! A freakin' turbo V!!! Nice my dad is pushing 595rwhp with the stock blower in his 12' Coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLGJR View Post
I have the Pfadt on my CTS V. We had to rotate to lower part of the mount 180* and drill a new locator hole in the subframe. I hope we will be testing them out soon.

Attachment 526922
hcoll003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #28
GLGJR
 
Drives: 09 CTS-V
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Texas
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcoll003 View Post
Dude, what a sick build!!! A freakin' turbo V!!! Nice my dad is pushing 595rwhp with the stock blower in his 12' Coupe.
Thank you very much.

ADM Performance has done a ton of beautiful work and fixed most of the stuff I did lol. I sold the complete engine out the car. It made 640/640 with the 1.9L blower through completely stock exhaust. I can't wait to break in the new combo.
GLGJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:43 PM   #29
xjer22x

 
xjer22x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 rs/ss black # 10,308
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hoffman estates, il
Posts: 912
another option is the ZL1 mounts. I just installed them in my car. They are much stiffer but still arent as rough as the Pfadt mounts. Just throwing that out there.
xjer22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #30
swiftkart
 
swiftkart's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjer22x View Post
another option is the ZL1 mounts. I just installed them in my car. They are much stiffer but still arent as rough as the Pfadt mounts. Just throwing that out there.
You have any pictures of the ZL1 mounts and how much do they run?

Thanks
swiftkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #31
xjer22x

 
xjer22x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 rs/ss black # 10,308
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hoffman estates, il
Posts: 912
They almost look identical to stock mounts. They ran me $220. But I could feel a difference right away.

Sadly enough I blew my motor at the track so I might be selling these. Lol



sent from my galaxy s3. that would explain the errors.
xjer22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #32
SERVED_USMC
 
SERVED_USMC's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 269
Going to hijack so I dont have to start another thread.

I split my driver side mount and am looking to upgrade.

The Pfadts are what Im looking at, but with a aftermarket clutch, blower, 427ci motor, 770 horse etc.. I dont want to the vibration that some people talk about with the them.

I thought I also saw someone make mention about the prothane mounts dropping the motor another 1.5"?

Any input will help. Thanks.
SERVED_USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #33
xjer22x

 
xjer22x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 rs/ss black # 10,308
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hoffman estates, il
Posts: 912
Not sure on the other prothane mounts... but you should look into ZL1 mounts..they are a good upgrade from stock, but handle the power much better.

And I know a couple people that went with the pfadts... they said the vibration goes away almost completely after a couple hundred miles.

sent from my galaxy s3. that would explain the errors.
xjer22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #34
SERVED_USMC
 
SERVED_USMC's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjer22x View Post
Not sure on the other prothane mounts... but you should look into ZL1 mounts..they are a good upgrade from stock, but handle the power much better.

And I know a couple people that went with the pfadts... they said the vibration goes away almost completely after a couple hundred miles.

sent from my galaxy s3. that would explain the errors.
It's either go with the ZL1's and see if they last or get the pfadts and hope I don't experience issues. I've done enough reading to know enough about the options. Just need to pull the trigger and hope I choose the right one.
SERVED_USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #35
Camper
Banned
 
Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 1,392
Steve, I couldnt imagine solid mounts at our power levels if you drive it often. I have solid mounts in my 620whp fbody that is much tamer than our 5th gen and They suck for adding to a crappy ride.
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #36
blake-b

 
blake-b's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 1,641
I have the pfadts and never had any issues. I also have a very lopey rough idling cam so that may have masked it. I don't regret them at all.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #37
Boost6924
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indianapolis,IN
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
I have the pfadts and never had any issues. I also have a very lopey rough idling cam so that may have masked it. I don't regret them at all.
Same here. Very happy with them.
__________________
438cid IPS Twin Turbo.
Boost6924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #38
SERVED_USMC
 
SERVED_USMC's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 269
What kind of life can I expect to get out of the ZL1 mounts being in the 750/640ish range?
SERVED_USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #39
Synner


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2011
Location: overseas
Posts: 3,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper View Post
Steve, I couldnt imagine solid mounts at our power levels if you drive it often. I have solid mounts in my 620whp fbody that is much tamer than our 5th gen and They suck for adding to a crappy ride.
There are zero solid mounts offered for these cars at this time.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #40
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
I'm still running around on my 4 year old stock ones. They've been fine. Ill check them out once the engine is pulled and see how they look.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #41
SERVED_USMC
 
SERVED_USMC's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
There are zero solid mounts offered for these cars at this time.
I believe the Copos are solid.
SERVED_USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #42
Blue70SS

 
Blue70SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS3Camaro2SSRS IOM in/out
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVED_USMC View Post
I believe the Copos are solid.
Correct
__________________
LPE 650+,IOM Pearl White Rallys
743 RWHP 681 TQ @91,TVS2300 10/14 OD 2.75/NW 102mm,RDS
NLP spoiler/GM splitter/Torq HE-fans/oil-tranny coolers/IC1000cc
boosted LPE Twin Pump,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
.
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #43
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,565
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVED_USMC View Post
Going to hijack so I dont have to start another thread.

I split my driver side mount and am looking to upgrade.

The Pfadts are what Im looking at, but with a aftermarket clutch, blower, 427ci motor, 770 horse etc.. I dont want to the vibration that some people talk about with the them.

I thought I also saw someone make mention about the prothane mounts dropping the motor another 1.5"?

Any input will help. Thanks.
My prothanes didn't drop the motor any at all.... same height... Some (minimal to me) vibration, very beefy.... They give me warm fuzzies that my motor wont be climbing out of the hood...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #44
Iam Broke
PHAT B33
 
Iam Broke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dark of the Moon
Posts: 1,398
Went to put a set of Torque Solution mounts on it last week but it'll wait until winter. Gotta drop the headers to get to the bolts on the engine.
__________________
Another 1 of 371 '12 T3 LS3 M6's built.
Iam Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #45
SERVED_USMC
 
SERVED_USMC's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 269
I just decided to go with the stock ones again. I didnt want to sacrifice the ride quality as of yet. If I break through this set I will give something else a try.
SERVED_USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #46
SRT10KLLR

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Down South
Posts: 1,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjer22x View Post
Not sure on the other prothane mounts... but you should look into ZL1 mounts..they are a good upgrade from stock, but handle the power much better.

And I know a couple people that went with the pfadts... they said the vibration goes away almost completely after a couple hundred miles.

sent from my galaxy s3. that would explain the errors.
Called the dealer to check on the ZL1 motor mounts and they told me that they are the same as the manual(LS3) mounts. Only the auto(L99) are different.

Can someone else confirm this. Need to replace one that broke.
__________________
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 RCSB Thunder Road Hemi Sport w/STS Turbo
2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 - Silver - Stock
2003 Chevy 1500 RCSB Stepside 400SS - 408 in now awaiting Turbo
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #47
xjer22x

 
xjer22x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 rs/ss black # 10,308
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hoffman estates, il
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
Called the dealer to check on the ZL1 motor mounts and they told me that they are the same as the manual(LS3) mounts. Only the auto(L99) are different.

Can someone else confirm this. Need to replace one that broke.
I got ZL1 mounts. You might want to call a different dealer as my parts guy was able to find the difference. I noticed a difference after installing too.

sent from my galaxy s3. that would explain the errors.
xjer22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #48
SRT10KLLR

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Down South
Posts: 1,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjer22x View Post
I got ZL1 mounts. You might want to call a different dealer as my parts guy was able to find the difference. I noticed a difference after installing too.

sent from my galaxy s3. that would explain the errors.
Supposedly the part# for the manual SS and ZL-1 were the same.

Do you have the part# to the ones you bought?


If not just sell me your stock one for now.
__________________
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 RCSB Thunder Road Hemi Sport w/STS Turbo
2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 - Silver - Stock
2003 Chevy 1500 RCSB Stepside 400SS - 408 in now awaiting Turbo
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #49
xjer22x

 
xjer22x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 rs/ss black # 10,308
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hoffman estates, il
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
Supposedly the part# for the manual SS and ZL-1 were the same.

Do you have the part# to the ones you bought?


If not just sell me your stock one for now.
Ill call my parts guy a little laterand confirm for you.

And I gave my stock ones away already lol

sent from my galaxy s3. that would explain the errors.
xjer22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #50
SRT10KLLR

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Down South
Posts: 1,499
Bump.
__________________
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 RCSB Thunder Road Hemi Sport w/STS Turbo
2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 - Silver - Stock
2003 Chevy 1500 RCSB Stepside 400SS - 408 in now awaiting Turbo
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do all the abbreviations mean? CrzyGamr2 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 77 12-07-2012 05:34 AM
Pfadt Race Engineering releases new Camaro V8 Engine Mounts PfadtRacing Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 43 06-07-2011 01:09 PM
LS3 engine specifications Tran Wiki 3 10-06-2010 11:56 PM
Pfadt Engine Mounts installed, first and second impressions... robertway Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 6 03-03-2010 10:35 AM
The BEST Break for a new car. "very long" Darin Morgan General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 346 02-04-2010 07:49 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.