Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
failingpig
 
failingpig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Joplin Mo
Posts: 19
Mod suggestions?

I have an 11LS and I've gotten all of my visual stuff done and now I want to look into the engine mods. So far I've gotten a little list of what I want to do and this what I have so far.
Roto Fab CAI
BBK Long Tube Headers
Vmax CNC Spiral Ported LLT Throttle Body
Vmax LLT Plenum Spacer
Vmax 3/8" Black ICEolator
and an oil catch can.
Anything else I should consider looking into?
Thanks for the help.
failingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 9,682
Pretty solid list. I would add:

Air scoop
Ported intake manifold.
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,100
I honestly wouldn't do the plenum spacer. Or at least not until the very end. I've yet to see someone claim great gains and I've seen a lot of people have problems installing them as well.

Your CAI choice is really a personal one. Just want you to know that.

I'd also suggest an elite catch can if you aren't set on a certain brand yet.
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I honestly wouldn't do the plenum spacer. Or at least not until the very end. I've yet to see someone claim great gains and I've seen a lot of people have problems installing them as well.

Your CAI choice is really a personal one. Just want you to know that.

I'd also suggest an elite catch can if you aren't set on a certain brand yet.
this pretty much sums up how I feel.
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
Dizzy82

 
Dizzy82's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 1,309
Do the catch can first.
__________________
Power is worthless without control.
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
failingpig
 
failingpig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Joplin Mo
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I honestly wouldn't do the plenum spacer. Or at least not until the very end. I've yet to see someone claim great gains and I've seen a lot of people have problems installing them as well.

Your CAI choice is really a personal one. Just want you to know that.

I'd also suggest an elite catch can if you aren't set on a certain brand yet.
The thing is I found a bundle that saves me a little bit compared to ordering all the stuff separate.
http://www.southwestspeed.net/produc...LLT-Mega-Combo
failingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by failingpig View Post
The thing is I found a bundle that saves me a little bit compared to ordering all the stuff separate.
http://www.southwestspeed.net/produc...LLT-Mega-Combo
The mike Norris can is a decent can and Ivan is another one of the best vendors on this fourm. I have ordered from him and would do it all over again. I wouldn't spend the extra money on the plenum spacer though it has been proven there are almost zero gains to it. I'm sure if you called up Ivan he will give you a good deal if you decide to not get the plenum spacer also.
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #8
JDP Tyler

 
JDP Tyler's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevys at the limit
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 7,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by failingpig View Post
I have an 11LS and I've gotten all of my visual stuff done and now I want to look into the engine mods. So far I've gotten a little list of what I want to do and this what I have so far.
Roto Fab CAI
BBK Long Tube Headers
Vmax CNC Spiral Ported LLT Throttle Body
Vmax LLT Plenum Spacer
Vmax 3/8" Black ICEolator
and an oil catch can.
Anything else I should consider looking into?
Thanks for the help.
Looks like a pretty solid list. Let me knwo if you have any questions or if you want pricing or a package deal on any of these items.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
__________________

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | JDP Facebook | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:48 AM   #9
failingpig
 
failingpig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Joplin Mo
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
Looks like a pretty solid list. Let me knwo if you have any questions or if you want pricing or a package deal on any of these items.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
everything under the throttle body is in a package already. If I find anything else I'll throw some stuff your way and see if anything could be worked out.
failingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #10
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,521
Definitely add a catch can and scoop to your list. Don't let a bundle on a sponsors website dictate your decisions. We can create custom packages deals anytime you are ordering multiple items. Just hit us up.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
mods

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.