Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 625
Car is back and running strong

********The RPM 4L80e lvl 5 trans is working perfectly with the PCS controller. drivability is perfect. car or trans doesn't get hot, even sitting in traffic. shifts strong. its really nice not having the car constantly shifting up and down all the time.

I will have to relearn how to launch the car. on the old 6l80 with the 3200 converter. the first gear was so violent I just launched the car at idle and it would cut mid 1.5 60's. now first gear isn't nearly as violent and with the new converter I can literally foot brake the car to 3500 rpm. so I will have to spend the next couple times at the track working out what the tires will hold.

the nitrous outlet kit is also working great. I have it set up on a button and soon as I get going in first I press it and leave it on thru the pass and shifts.

I put a 3.5" pulley on the whipple. the car is really liking the extra boost, but it is not happy about the 6 rib set-up. it will DESTROY a belt in about 10 full passes. so im going to see how far I can push the 6 rib set-up then switch to a 10 rib.

the squash fuel system and lines look and function perfectly.

the same for the alky control meth system and the DSS driveshaft.

I will throw some pics up here in alittle bit.
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
94guy

 
Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: louisiana
Posts: 1,640
what kind of power does it make now and when will you be going to the track?
__________________
9.63@142
Original motor with 44,000+miles JRE TUNING BABY custom grind cam Whipple A6 NO WEIGHT REDUCTIONS and Drive it to the track
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94guy View Post
what kind of power does it make now and when will you be going to the track?
Faster than you so go back to the track!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
94guy

 
Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: louisiana
Posts: 1,640
i'll get back soon
__________________
9.63@142
Original motor with 44,000+miles JRE TUNING BABY custom grind cam Whipple A6 NO WEIGHT REDUCTIONS and Drive it to the track
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #5
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94guy View Post
what kind of power does it make now and when will you be going to the track?
no clue, didn't dyno it, all tuning is done on the streets in real conditions. going to try and go to the track Friday night. but its been so hot lately, would pretty much be a waste of time. but I will prolly still go and work on launching the car.
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 625
here are some pics

Still looks stock


meth lights


cept for the nitrous panel, still stock appearing.


not so stock looking under the hood. whipple, nitrous, meth, fuel.



im going to throw the 17" welds on here this afternoon when the baby goes to sleep. I'll try and get some pics of the driveshaft and trans.
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #7
10aSSee D


 
10aSSee D's Avatar
 
Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TN
Posts: 2,408
Are you on the stock bottom end?
__________________
MODS:

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #8
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 625
yep, 100% stock block and rotating assembly. stock heads w/ ls3 conversion

there are quite a few cars running 9's and over 900whp on the factory shortblocks.

will prolly do pistons and rods this winter.
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
94guy

 
Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: louisiana
Posts: 1,640
I would like to see what your drive shaft safety loop looks like? What rear gear are you running?
__________________
9.63@142
Original motor with 44,000+miles JRE TUNING BABY custom grind cam Whipple A6 NO WEIGHT REDUCTIONS and Drive it to the track
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #10
SRT10KLLR

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Down South
Posts: 1,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdunn View Post
********The RPM 4L80e lvl 5 trans is working perfectly with the PCS controller. drivability is perfect. car or trans doesn't get hot, even sitting in traffic. shifts strong. its really nice not having the car constantly shifting up and down all the time.

I will have to relearn how to launch the car. on the old 6l80 with the 3200 converter. the first gear was so violent I just launched the car at idle and it would cut mid 1.5 60's. now first gear isn't nearly as violent and with the new converter I can literally foot brake the car to 3500 rpm. so I will have to spend the next couple times at the track working out what the tires will hold.

the nitrous outlet kit is also working great. I have it set up on a button and soon as I get going in first I press it and leave it on thru the pass and shifts.

I put a 3.5" pulley on the whipple. the car is really liking the extra boost, but it is not happy about the 6 rib set-up. it will DESTROY a belt in about 10 full passes. so im going to see how far I can push the 6 rib set-up then switch to a 10 rib.

the squash fuel system and lines look and function perfectly.

the same for the alky control meth system and the DSS driveshaft.

I will throw some pics up here in alittle bit.
Do you have the N20 only on the button or in combination with WOT and Window switch. Cause I have seen a few on push buttons where they get all excited and after crossing the line they let out of the throttle but forget to release the button and when they get back on it kaboom.

A push button in conjunction with the other safety devices is good because you are more in control. If you start loosing traction you can release the button to gain control while still WOT.

How many lbs are you pushing with the Whipple?
__________________
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 RCSB Thunder Road Hemi Sport w/STS Turbo
2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 - Silver - Stock
2003 Chevy 1500 RCSB Stepside 400SS - 408 in now awaiting Turbo
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 625
factory rear gear.
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #12
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
Do you have the N20 only on the button or in combination with WOT and Window switch. Cause I have seen a few on push buttons where they get all excited and after crossing the line they let out of the throttle but forget to release the button and when they get back on it kaboom.
only on a button. I don't run any type of controller or window switch on any of my cars.
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #13
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 111,215
post some pics when you put the Welds on
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #14
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 625
I will
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.