Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
SS Man
 
SS Man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS IOM White Rally Stripes
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central Missouri
Posts: 137
Thumbs up Got my allocation, but now the SS manual tranny is on constraint, WHAT TO DO???

Here's my dilemma. I ordered a 2SS RS 6sp manual IOM white rally stripes back on 02/21/09 from my small local dealer. I've know the salesman and dealer for a long time and he said they were getting 2 allocations thru the 3rd qtr. I was second on the list. So I have been waiting to get my allocation since then. At first it was not bad but once I got addicted to Camaro5 the wait has been LONG! So the end of June rolls around and I am still at 1100. I talk to the dealer again and he said he has an allocation coming up in July. I'm happy, for now. Well it was wednesday evening and I'm reading about the SS manual tranny issues and I thought to myself the worst case senario. Sure enough my dealer calls today and said they have an allocation for my car, but I could tell by the tone in his voice something was wrong. So I said, "Manual tranny", and he said "Yep it's on constraint". I said it hopefully won't be on constraint long so could he wait a couple of weeks and he said he has to change the order by tuesday to relieve the constraint or my order will be bypassed. And since they were supposed to only get 2 allocations he had no idea when the next allocation would come. He also said the TPW is Aug 10 and it might be here by Labor Day.

Now my decision. I have to,

1. Change my order to something I don't really want.

2. Leave the R6P order the way it is and wait until who knows when.

3. Give up the order and try to find another dealer that has an allocation that will sell it to me for a good price. My dealer was selling it to me for under MSRP.

So I ask my fellow Camaro5 friends what do I do? Is there any chance the M6 will come of constraint before tuesday???

UPDATE: Great News! I called my dealer today (thursday) since I saw the M6 constraint had been lifted and my dealer was going to try modify the order that got picked up instead of mine to my options and to my surprise the dealer said they got another allocation this week!!!! So my car is going to get picked up with a TPW of August 17th!!!! This was a surprise allocation for my dealer. He had only had 2 other allocations so far, 1 in april and last week.

I am wondering if anyone else in my situation from last week, if your dealer got an additional allocation???? I sure hope so for everyone's sake.

:happy anim:

Last edited by SS Man; 07-23-2009 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Updated with a great resolution
SS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
jpsuperman81
That's Right 478whp450tq!
 
jpsuperman81's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indian Trail, NC
Posts: 2,335
4. Wait a week and you should be fine.
__________________
I would like to apoligize ahead of time if any of my posts bother you, I am quite a large smartass and very expressive of my opinion!
I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum!
Ordered Feb. 13 2009: 2SS/RS/M6/Sunroof/ Rally Yellow built 8/7 Vin# 33534, Delivered 8/26/09!
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
Legend
Hello!
 
Legend's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
4. Wait a week and you should be fine.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
jpsuperman81
That's Right 478whp450tq!
 
jpsuperman81's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indian Trail, NC
Posts: 2,335
What event code are you at right now if at 3000 your fine, if you just moved from 1100 probably be safe to wait a week. Whatever you do don't sacrifice and get something less than what you really want.
__________________
I would like to apoligize ahead of time if any of my posts bother you, I am quite a large smartass and very expressive of my opinion!
I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum!
Ordered Feb. 13 2009: 2SS/RS/M6/Sunroof/ Rally Yellow built 8/7 Vin# 33534, Delivered 8/26/09!
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
SS Man
 
SS Man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS IOM White Rally Stripes
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central Missouri
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
What event code are you at right now if at 3000 your fine, if you just moved from 1100 probably be safe to wait a week. Whatever you do don't sacrifice and get something less than what you really want.
I'm at 1100 but as soon as the dealer responds to his consensus, it would go to 2000. But If my order gets bypassed the next order he has that is not constrained will go to 2000 and then I will be at 1100 until his next allocation comes which might not be until october or later.
SS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #6
Treadstone

 
Treadstone's Avatar
 
Drives: Z51 BABY!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LSFREE~!!!!!
Posts: 783
Yea man stick it out. Get what you want, other wise you will regret it.
__________________
Treadstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #7
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,222
The constraint will most likely be lifted next week. Wait for what you really want.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #8
SS Man
 
SS Man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS IOM White Rally Stripes
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central Missouri
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
The constraint will most likely be lifted next week. Wait for what you really want.
One week of contraint and I hit it!!!! I should have known, since I always pick the slowest line at the grocery store.

Is there anyway for a dealer to hold an allocation for a week???????? RPO_Z28 or CamaroScotty... Help!
SS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Man View Post
One week of contraint and I hit it!!!! I should have known, since I always pick the slowest line at the grocery store.

Is there anyway for a dealer to hold an allocation for a week???????? RPO_Z28 or CamaroScotty... Help!
Yes - this is what you do.........order the car as an automatic and order white. I think the system will accept it now and then you'll have your allocation. Once the constraint is dropped, change the color and tranny. Just do it before it goes past 2300.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
SS Man
 
SS Man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS IOM White Rally Stripes
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central Missouri
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Yes - this is what you do.........order the car as an automatic and order white. I think the system will accept it now and then you'll have your allocation. Once the constraint is dropped, change the color and tranny. Just do it before it goes past 2300.
That sounds risky, but I trust you Hylton. Now I just have to trust my dealer that he stays on top of it!!!!!! Do you know how long it would before it would go past 2300????? If they contstraint lasted an extra week would it be OK....

IF it works, then I guess I won't win your Hat!
SS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #11
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Man View Post
That sounds risky, but I trust you Hylton. Now I just have to trust my dealer that he stays on top of it!!!!!! Do you know how long it would before it would go past 2300????? If they contstraint lasted an extra week would it be OK....

IF it works, then I guess I won't win your Hat!
It would be magic if it took less than 4 weeks for your car to get to 3400. If you have a good dealership, they can actually get the order changed at 3000 but shhhhhhhh! I didn't tell you that.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #12
jpsuperman81
That's Right 478whp450tq!
 
jpsuperman81's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indian Trail, NC
Posts: 2,335
Just tell your dealer/salesman exacctly what you want to do and make sure they keep you in loop or check your number everyday on here to be safe, the viz is happy to help. Worst case scenario you get stuck with auto on order just tell them you don't want it. i see postss all the time on here with dealers that have allocation to order asap and more and more of these will be on lots in coming months.
__________________
I would like to apoligize ahead of time if any of my posts bother you, I am quite a large smartass and very expressive of my opinion!
I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum!
Ordered Feb. 13 2009: 2SS/RS/M6/Sunroof/ Rally Yellow built 8/7 Vin# 33534, Delivered 8/26/09!
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #13
Brian2SS/RS
Giggity
 
Brian2SS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bladenboro, NC
Posts: 342
I say wait and get what you want. I would think changing an order would be risky, but then again it might work out for you. Talked to my dealer yesterday and mine probably won't be here to Christmas. Allocation is a poor way to do business in my opinion.
Brian2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #14
Timberline
 
Timberline's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA-1
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Man View Post
Here's my dilemma. I ordered a 2SS RS 6sp manual IOM white rally stripes back on 02/21/09 from my small local dealer. I've know the salesman and dealer for a long time and he said they were getting 2 allocations thru the 3rd qtr. I was second on the list. So I have been waiting to get my allocation since then. At first it was not bad but once I got addicted to Camaro5 the wait has been LONG! So the end of June rolls around and I am still at 1100. I talk to the dealer again and he said he has an allocation coming up in July. I'm happy, for now. Well it was wednesday evening and I'm reading about the SS manual tranny issues and I thought to myself the worst case senario. Sure enough my dealer calls today and said they have an allocation for my car, but I could tell by the tone in his voice something was wrong. So I said, "Manual tranny", and he said "Yep it's on constraint". I said it hopefully won't be on constraint long so could he wait a couple of weeks and he said he has to change the order by tuesday to relieve the constraint or my order will be bypassed. And since they were supposed to only get 2 allocations he had no idea when the next allocation would come. He also said the TPW is Aug 10 and it might be here by Labor Day.

Now my decision. I have to,

1. Change my order to something I don't really want.

2. Leave the R6P order the way it is and wait until who knows when.

3. Give up the order and try to find another dealer that has an allocation that will sell it to me for a good price. My dealer was selling it to me for under MSRP.

So I ask my fellow Camaro5 friends what do I do? Is there any chance the M6 will come of constraint before tuesday???
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32599

I am in the exact same boat. I am not willing to settle for an automatic. I passed because I was unsure how long the wait was before the manual come off of constraint.

So here I set 7+ months and still waiting.

after reading this thread we must be blood brothers. LOL
__________________
2SS/RS, Victory Red, Black Leather, LS3, 6spd, Polished wheels - R6P -

Last edited by Timberline; 07-17-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Timberline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #15
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M
 
OUR72GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kamloops,British Columbia
Posts: 4,611
There is a thread on here saying they have resumed shipping.
__________________
CAMARO.. 2010 The Heart Beat is back in CHEVROLET
Now let's put it back in America
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #16
Sstac
 
Sstac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 313
I guess I will be faced with this problem soon too...
Sstac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:06 PM   #17
swaugie
 
Drives: any chevy i feel like driving
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: white oak pa
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Yes - this is what you do.........order the car as an automatic and order white. I think the system will accept it now and then you'll have your allocation. Once the constraint is dropped, change the color and tranny. Just do it before it goes past 2300.
it's your car so do what you want with it but that sounds risky to me. i don't see the constraint being dropped so you can change it tuesday. and getting one changed at 3000 usually takes a dealer with more than 2 allocations every six months. good luck and let us know what you do.
swaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #18
Timberline
 
Timberline's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA-1
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaugie View Post
it's your car so do what you want with it but that sounds risky to me. i don't see the constraint being dropped so you can change it tuesday. and getting one changed at 3000 usually takes a dealer with more than 2 allocations every six months. good luck and let us know what you do.
I agree the constraint won't be dropped by Tuesday. This is a supply issue.

Looks like cars on the ground will be shipped soon but production is on hold.
__________________
2SS/RS, Victory Red, Black Leather, LS3, 6spd, Polished wheels - R6P -
Timberline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #19
SS Man
 
SS Man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS IOM White Rally Stripes
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central Missouri
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32599

I am in the exact same boat. I am not willing to settle for an automatic. I passed because I was unsure how long the wait was before the manual come off of constraint.

So here I set 7+ months and still waiting.

after reading this thread we must be blood brothers. LOL
I guess so. Misery loves company. I talked to my dealer about changing the order like Hylton said and he is hesitant but will think about it. I see his point of view. If we change it, but it jumps to a status so we cannot change it back then me and the 3 guys in line behind me in line at the dealer basically got bumped back one allocation since they would get a white camaro that nobody ordered. He wasn't worried about selling it, just that it wouldn't be right to possibly make the people that have also ordered wait longer also. Wow a dealer with a conscience.

Anyway, I am going to wait for my manual tranny, and guy number 3 in line might get his car a lot earlier than he thought.
SS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #20
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,222
A knowledgeable salesman can put the order in now with an automatic and hold it back from being built. When he enters in the order, he should set the priority to "99" whcih will ensure it is the last order to be picked up from the dealership. It is also possible for the dealer to reset the order and/or put a hold on it.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #21
swaugie
 
Drives: any chevy i feel like driving
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: white oak pa
Posts: 135
but why would he at this point if he has other sold orders that are buildable? if he only has that unit in his preliminary tab set at 99 and somebody else has a buildable camaro in the order bank they will pick up that allocation.
swaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:56 PM   #22
SS Man
 
SS Man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS IOM White Rally Stripes
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central Missouri
Posts: 137
UPDATE: Great News! I called my dealer today (thursday) since I saw the M6 constraint had been lifted and my dealer was going to try modify the order that got picked up instead of mine to my options and to my surprise the dealer said they got another allocation this week!!!! So my car is going to get picked up with a TPW of August 17th!!!! This was a surprise allocation for my dealer. He had only had 2 other allocations so far, 1 in april and last week.

I am wondering if anyone else in my situation from last week, if your dealer got an additional allocation???? I sure hope so for everyone's sake.

:happy anim:: happyanim::happya nim:
SS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #23
Timberline
 
Timberline's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA-1
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Man View Post
UPDATE: Great News! I called my dealer today (thursday) since I saw the M6 constraint had been lifted and my dealer was going to try modify the order that got picked up instead of mine to my options and to my surprise the dealer said they got another allocation this week!!!! So my car is going to get picked up with a TPW of August 17th!!!! This was a surprise allocation for my dealer. He had only had 2 other allocations so far, 1 in april and last week.

I am wondering if anyone else in my situation from last week, if your dealer got an additional allocation???? I sure hope so for everyone's sake.

:happy anim:: happyanim::happya nim:
Thanks for the update. So the order was accepted with the manual trans?? Cool!
__________________
2SS/RS, Victory Red, Black Leather, LS3, 6spd, Polished wheels - R6P -
Timberline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #24
swaugie
 
Drives: any chevy i feel like driving
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: white oak pa
Posts: 135
glad your order got picked up. sorry your dealer isn't with it for your sake. he really shouldn't get any surprise orders. there is a report in order workbench called final allocation by week that can show you how the orders you earned in consensus will be distributed throughout the month.
swaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Automatic faster than the manual??? 2sharp Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 319 09-30-2008 09:20 AM
Camaro LS / LT / RS / SS specs and options! CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 119 09-02-2008 09:46 PM
2010 Camaro SS manual daily driver JEFF2010SSMANUAL Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 30 08-20-2008 01:52 PM
2010 Camaro SS manual tires/wheels JEFF2010SSMANUAL Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 4 08-05-2008 01:19 PM
Camaro Manual Transmission LSxcellent 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 17 08-01-2007 05:11 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.