Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #51
RedRaven

Drives: 2012 2SS M6 CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Sometimes I don't know why I even visit C5... the bickering, the whining, the trolling, the needling and silliness... worse than my grade school kiddos. But, being a sucker for pain, I still check in every now and then, and it is posts like THIS that are so top- shelf, beautiful, touching, inspiring--- even well written!--- that redeem every troll's negativity ten times over.

Great pics (how I do love SGMs... ), great backstory, and GREAT to see how the Camaro brothers and sisters ARE when it comes to philanthropy. THIS is what I dig about the "club..." good people.

(I will say this, though... you referenced how some of the yellow Camaro owners may have seemed mildly irritated by Bumblebee references by kids... while mine is not a Transformers Edition, nor even close, few things are more enjoyable to hear than kids talking about, or even talking TO "Bumblebee." It NEVER gets old... any yellow Camaro owner who gets irritated at a kid who is thrilled to see "Bumblebee" needs to turn in his Camaro, and go get a greyish, mid '90s Honda or Toyota, so he can blend in instead of stand out!)

Amen!

First real car: 1968 Malibu, '67 283, Canary yellow
RedRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #52
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
My Day in Buckley

First off I want to Thank Envy and Dragonlady one more time for putting on such a fantastic meet for such a worthy cause. As a former military member it warms my heart to know there are places like the Fisher House that families can stay at while their loved ones are recuperating in the hospital. For those of you that don't know what Fisher House is...It's like the Ronald McDonald House for kids.

So about my day.

The wife and I left our house on the coast a little late last Saturday morning. I wanted to be on the road by 0730 because I knew it was a long drive and there would be traffic. OH the TRAFFIC! The meet was scheduled from 11 - 3. We arrived about 11:40.
As soon as we pulled into the parking area. Maggie (aka Dragonlady) came over thanking us for making the drive up while she had a little boy in tow. She explained she had someone who wanted to meet Bumblebee. I said okay.
So I start doing the normal stuff as I always do when I go to a car show. Opening the hood, getting the canopy and chairs out of the back of the car, Setting my bumblebee transfromer in front of the car. Then I reached in from the center console and grabbed a stack of little bumblebee cards I made up (with the help of GeekFreekScotty) and handed the child one. I had the bumblebee helmet in the back seat and set it on the console so it would look like thats where Bumblebees's head was normally. My wife said, " Wouldn't it be better if we set the helmet up here, on top of the radiator?" I said "Sure". So she grabs the helmet and sets it in front. The little boy just went nuts when he saw it. I remember his dad saying, "Now don't touch anything." I immediately grabbed the helmet and asked him if he would like to put on the helmet. Being a bit shy, he just nodded his head. Thanks Gary for the picture!!!Perfect timing. So I then, go about cleaning all the bugs guts off the car making 'Bee presentable to be shown in public. It was then (I'm a little slow at times), that I realized this young man is really liking my car. He wouldn't go away, not that I wanted him too. I love it when the kids react this way. So once I get the car cleaned up, the wife and I had to go take a walk to grab some cash for the raffle. But before we did I stopped by the raffle tent to see what was donated. My wife says that would be good for the kids for Christmas and points to a number of different items. One being the Bumblebee car. She's always thinking ahead, and shops all year long for Christmas.
So we get back from the ATM that is about 2 blocks away and this little boy is still sitting with my car. (another nice picture by Envy Photography) The wife said she was hungery, so we walked over to Wally's and got a burger and ate. We then walked back to find that the raffle drawing had already started. My wife asked me if the Bumblebee car had already gone. I looked and said it had. It was then someone pointed to the little boy and his dad. This young man was just beaming after being handed the car.

Gary, Maggie and Tim,

If I would have know the situations I would have takin' more time with this young man. I know some family things are private and shouldn't be broadcast worldwide. But as God as my witness, I promise that if I get back up to Buckley next year, and Tim if your still with us, both you and your son will get a ride in Bumblebee. But, if the inevitable happens, Maggie, Please bring this young man and I'll make sure he gets his ride anyways. I feel this is the absolute least I can do.

Tim,

May all of our prayers be answered that the doctors find out whats wrong with you. Your a good dad, I saw this first hand! May God Bless You and your Family and watch over you!

This is not just a car, "It's a Camaro!"

Chris

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!

Last edited by Jayhawk500; 09-03-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #53
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk500 View Post

Gary, Maggie and Tim,

If I would have know the situations I would have takin' more time with this young man. I know some family things are private and shouldn't be broadcast worldwide. But as God as my witness, I promise that if I get back up to Buckley next year, and Tim if your still with us, both you and your son will get a ride in Bumblebee. But, if the inevitable happens, Maggie, Please bring this young man and I'll make sure he gets his ride anyways. I feel this is the absolute least I can do.

Tim,

May all of our prayers be answered that the doctors find out whats wrong with you. Your a good dad, I saw this first hand! May God Bless You and your Family and watch over you!

This is not just a car, "It's a Camaro!"

Chris
Chris, you were the first person I thought of when Tim told me they were coming and I knew that you'd take good care of them.
I felt so bad that you were just setting up when I brought them to you, but I knew it would be my only moment to introduce you.
Thank you for taking such good care of my buddies!

Fingers are crossed that we can put Tim and Jr in the car with you.

Thank you all for your understanding and compassion. Tim and I have been friends for a long time. We used to work together in the same plant and it hasn't been the same since he transferred to another. Tim always made my day, making me laugh and always making me smile, so I'm glad that I got to return the favor.

Our lives have changed since we brought our "friend" home. Dragonfly has taken us to places we have never been, met people that we would have never have met, made friendships that will last a lifetime. Every day I look at that car and give thanks for the joy he has given us and others. Every day, our Camaro makes me smile. Everyday our Camaro makes someone smile and that to me, is priceless.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #54
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Seriously....where IS the Kleenex?!?
Old 08-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #55
HarryNW
HarryNW

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Black (LS3)
Great cause and great meet-up. Always great to see people getting together for a greater purpose.

Met lots of great folks and was a great event - looking forward to next year already.

Was fun showing up in a caravan that began build on Hwy 167 en route to the event. Cool to see there was a picture of the caravan arriving (mine was the 4th car - black with green halos - in that picture).
Old 08-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #56
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
At least now I know why that little kid was beaming so much. He was really getting a kick out of the time he was there.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:39 AM   #57
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Quote:
Sometimes I don't know why I even visit C5... the bickering, the whining, the trolling, the needling and silliness... worse than my grade school kiddos. But, being a sucker for pain, I still check in every now and then, and it is posts like THIS that are so top- shelf, beautiful, touching, inspiring--- even well written!--- that redeem every troll's negativity ten times over.

Great pics (how I do love SGMs... ), great backstory, and GREAT to see how the Camaro brothers and sisters ARE when it comes to philanthropy. THIS is what I dig about the "club..." good people.

(I will say this, though... you referenced how some of the yellow Camaro owners may have seemed mildly irritated by Bumblebee references by kids... while mine is not a Transformers Edition, nor even close, few things are more enjoyable to hear than kids talking about, or even talking TO "Bumblebee." It NEVER gets old... any yellow Camaro owner who gets irritated at a kid who is thrilled to see "Bumblebee" needs to turn in his Camaro, and go get a greyish, mid '90s Honda or Toyota, so he can blend in instead of stand out!)
Thanks! It is especially nice to see all the positive comments that people have left. Based on some of the threads I have read, I seriously expected some people to post some snide remarks. I'm glad they never showed up. Too busy bashing tail lights, I guess.

In regards to Bumblebee curmudgeons; they do exist. I actually heard one yellow Camaro owner utter the words "I hate Bumblebee!" And then he went on to explain why. I won't repeat any of that here, because to be perfectly honest, I had stopped listening at that point.
My wife even told me about a Boeing employee who bought a Transformers Edition when they first came out, and then removed all the badging because he just wanted a yellow Camaro. Not everybody who works there is a rocket scientist.

Enough horror stories. Perhaps a little optimistic news: My wife tells me that Tim will be seeing the doctors at University of Washington. They are pretty well equipped for this sort of thing, so hopefully they will be able to get a handle on what is going on. Keep your fingers crossed!

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:50 AM   #58
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 4000 h.p. yellow beasts
Awesome! Well done.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #59
brengeek
Not a dude.

How do you vote to have this posted to the C5 homepage?
Old 08-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #60
ogre

Drives: 2013 2LS Black
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #61
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Faith in humanity bolstered by this thread. Thank you, Good People.

John B.
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #62
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brengeek View Post
Unfortunately, I think the mods don't care about what we do here in the NW. We assembled a bunch of nice cars, a record amount of Synergies in one place, we do something for the community, help out a friend in need, and all they are concerned about is C5 fest and the Woodward Cruise.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #63
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Awesome story! Thanks for sharing!
Abomb1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #64
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
Unfortunately, I think the mods don't care about what we do here in the NW. We assembled a bunch of nice cars, a record amount of Synergies in one place, we do something for the community, help out a friend in need, and all they are concerned about is C5 fest and the Woodward Cruise.
lol! I just looked for the "Like" button...
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #65
amz
Factory Correct

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I like the green with white stripes, never seen that combo, sweet.
amz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #66
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Quote:
+10
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #67
bb040

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS red jewl tintcoat
what an awesome story ...this is what i love about this site ..there are still people who CAN show that they care...way to go
Old 08-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #68
brengeek
Not a dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
+10
Well do we know how to be able to nominate this ? I'd be happy to be the one to do it if I knew how I"m not very familiar with how stuff works around here.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #69
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Quote:
djcfuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #70
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Quote:
Well do we know how to be able to nominate this ? I'd be happy to be the one to do it if I knew how I"m not very familiar with how stuff works around here.
It involves the mods. They choose what goes on the first page. We are now old news, since Arizona is on the Front Page. I'm guessing community involvement doesn't mean much to them, let alone the great turn out. Thank you Merc from British Columbia and Jayhawk from Oregon did that drive! Thank you to every one who enjoyed and supported this event.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #71
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '14 Malibu LTZ
Great story! And it's never too late to put the good things on the front page. Mods--put this up front!
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #72
sanjosebmx

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Dang man.. that was some story...

awesome.

Sounds like I may need to add to the SGM group next year...
Old 08-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #73
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
You folks don't need the front page of C5 because you have earned the front page of the "Karma Club".

What you all have done has gained you points for life. Kudos for doing this for Tim and his Family. I think you have solidified Tim Jr. as a Camaro Fan for life.

A round of applause for the contribution to the Fisher house as well.

Tim, to borrow a line from the Seals, "The only easy day was yesterday." Keep fighting for it brother. We are pulling for you.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS used to OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:38 AM   #74
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Very cool
Old 08-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #75
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjosebmx View Post
Dang man.. that was some story...

awesome.

Sounds like I may need to add to the SGM group next year...
That would be fantastic! We would love to have you. Keep ya posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
You folks don't need the front page of C5 because you have earned the front page of the "Karma Club".

What you all have done has gained you points for life. Kudos for doing this for Tim and his Family. I think you have solidified Tim Jr. as a Camaro Fan for life.

A round of applause for the contribution to the Fisher house as well.

Tim, to borrow a line from the Seals, "The only easy day was yesterday." Keep fighting for it brother. We are pulling for you.

T.
Thank you.