Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

DJ Grilles
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
Eibach lowering springs question

Hey guys I just purchased myself a eibach pro kit springs and I have been always curious on why do they say it lowers the car 1.0-1.5 inches? I just never got why there is a range? I mean if want my car to sit 1.5 inches lower than how do I achieve that with these springs? Do you have a choice when installing them of how low you wanna go between those numbers. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I just don't get it thanks guys.

O and I don't really wanna go 1.5 inches lower but it was an example for my question!
VMAX TB, Borla Catback Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Racing scoop,ZL1 grille, Nightowl JDP upgrade halo kit, interior lights, abl dash light pipes, VIS ams hood,Pfadt ZL-Spec sway bars, TSW Nurburgring F:20x9 R:20x10, Nitto Invo F:275/45 R:315/35, Spohn trailing arms, Toe rods, pfadt rear subframe bushing, ridetech level 2 coilovers, 3.91 GM differential, BMR diff bushings....more to follow
954camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:09 AM   #2
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Because a spring is just wound steel and reacts differently to weight no matter what. So when they build them they build it to a tolerance of, say 1-1.5", and given the weight of our cars it should react to that weight accordingly. And it may change over time, so it may start at 1" but over time drop to 1.5". Then again, it may not.

T.

(Of course they may have shipped you the V6 version and then you will be draggin' @ss, He, he, he. But let's hope not)
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:24 AM   #3
NH 2012 SS/RS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 IBM
I just installed the same kit last weekend. It lowered the front exactly 1" and the back 13/16".
I had a 4 wheel alignment done two days ago, I have not put it back in the same spot to do another accurate measurement.

Very simple install BTW.
2SS/RS IBM, American Racing BLVD Wheels, 275/40, 295/40 Toyo Proxes, Eibach 1" drop Springs, Muffler Delete, Elite Catch Can, CAI, CFD Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter w/ Tap Shift, APR Carbon Fiber Splitter, Sequential Tail Lights, MPD1 Spoiler
NH 2012 SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #4
nickswe

Drives: Camaro SS 45th Anniversary Edition
Hey, I just got my lowering springs for my SS from H&R that will lower it 35mm according specs.

Is there anything specific to think about when installing the springs? Any special tools needed or something like that?

(Sorry for borrowing your thread TS)
Old 08-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Yellow Chevy Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickswe View Post
Hey, I just got my lowering springs for my SS from H&R that will lower it 35mm according specs.

Is there anything specific to think about when installing the springs? Any special tools needed or something like that?

(Sorry for borrowing your thread TS)
Here is a great video for that. Not as bad as I thought. I have changed springs on other cars and you need a spring compressor but on the Camaro you don't!!

Roto-Fab intake, Vmax throttle body, Painted engine and fuse covers, Strut brace, Elite catch can, Custom yellow vinyl dash and door inserts, Center console gauges, Kicker stereo system, ZL1 pedals, ZL1 Rockers, Rear spoiler, SS Brembo brakes, Russell S.S. brake lines, 20" staggered Foose Legend wheels with Nitto Invo tires.
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #6
nickswe

Drives: Camaro SS 45th Anniversary Edition
Looks fairly easy there! Nice and tidy shop they had too... Wish mine looked like that, but I assume I will have to do this out on the tarmack :P

Thanks for that buddy!