Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:43 PM   #51
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Expect a low pricetag that baffles you. Expect the best. And stop posting that this thing will cost over $30k!
Except for the GT500 fighter......
Old 05-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #52
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Except for the GT500 fighter......
I'm glad you appreciated my rant.

I agree on the high-end Camaro, but to date we don't know anything about it. I think we'll be waiting a while for it to be developed.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #53
ToneyTone

Drives: 07' Sunburst Cobalt SS/SC
Most folks on here like to live in reality and reality says that there will be a fully loaded LS3 for 32k. You don't need to wait for GM to tell you that.
ToneyTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #54
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneyTone View Post
Most folks on here like to live in reality and reality says that there will be a fully loaded LS3 for 32k. You don't need to wait for GM to tell you that.
THAT very well be the truth ToneyTone...but your original post alluded to the base V8 being priced at $32k...so I think that many of us would agree with you that the base V8...be it SS or be it Z28...fully loaded, will probably weigh in around $32k. And you're right...most folks on here ARE realistic...$26-28k is realistic because of what we know of the muscle car/pony car market, by what we know from the last generation of the Camaro, and lastly because of what FbodFather has told us himself.

Guarenteed...a base V8 Camaro that has MSRP of $32k without options...will die...plain and simple.

(The_Blur...I'm sorry for throwin' those numbers around...forgive me...)

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #55
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #386
First off I want to say that I've been reading these forums for quite a few months now and I wanted to say that I'm really impressed with the opinions everyone has put forth about the 5th gen Camaro. Also, this has been my main source for getting up-to-date info regarding the new Camaro. It seems like quite a few of the members have first hand accounts of what is happening so it's nice to hear about progress that is being made without them risking giving too much info away. (all hail fbodfather!!!!!! )

It's nice to find a place that can still respect others opinions without resorting to name calling (well not right away at least :P hehe). Personally I'm not a fan of imports but I can respect any car that makes decent horsepower and looks good. I always seem to find my way back to Chevy cars but I'm not the kind of person to diss other peoples cars just cause it doesn't have the same kind of badge on it as mine. I just love anything that's fast.....period, of course all of mine have always and will always have american V8's in them To me there is nothing more fun than when I would drive my Camaro or the '01 Vette I used to have. Never needed the radio on all you'd need to do is listen to the LS1 humming through an aftermarket cat-back exhaust system (Camaro had an SLP center-mounted quad exhaust with custom 3" pipes from the stock manifolds) (Vette had a Corsa Touring with LG Motorsports longtubes and an X pipe).

OK...now for the point of my post. Had to get all that background info out of the way. I wanted to chime in on the whole pricing discussion that keeps going on. From my past experience with the '00 Camaro SS that i bought brand new off the showroom floor in 2001 and the way the pricing used to be (as it still had to be competitive with the Mustangs back then too) I think most everything people are speculating should be accurate. The MSRP of my car was $31,790 including destination charges and everything. It was pretty much loaded up with everything but the disc changer in the trunk. Back then you could get a base Z/28 for about 5K less than the fully loaded SS. So I don't see anything wrong with planning on the pricing for the base V8 to be around the 26-27K range. Like others have said, there won't be many amenities with it and most ppl will get diff packages to add some bells and whistles (leather seats, upgraded sound system, etc..)which will easily bring the price right about the $30K range. Which if you ask me is still going to be a hell of a deal for what you are getting.

As for the new version of the SS (or whatever the high end model is called) I don't see what's wrong with expecting a very high 30K, low 40K price tag. The MSRP for a GT500 right from Fords website is $42,330. You will be getting a better car than a GT500 so even if they do it for a couple thosand dollars less that's still $40K. The base price of a Vette is $46.5K so it still wouldn't be cutting too far into that range. And like it's been said before, the Vette and Camaro are 2 diff types of car. The Camaro isn't going to take away anything from Corvette sales.

Anywho....just wanted to get my first post in there and give my props to all of you for helping me get through the tough times of waiting for next spring until I can cruise in my 2010 Camaro Z28
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #56
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Well obviously a BASE car is going to be ~27K... why would this car be any more than that... I agree with the blur that speculation has gotten out of hand, but most of the people that you used as a reference will most likely get the V6 or I4 turbo (is this engine still in the game or no?) because they want a cool car and don't really care if it sounds cool or if it beats the rest of the cars from stop light to stop light... Most of the people that get the V8 will be performance minded people like most of us. I personally will be getting the DI6 if that is an option... i just hope it doesn't come in at more than 22k...
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #57
ToneyTone

Drives: 07' Sunburst Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
Well obviously a BASE car is going to be ~27K... why would this car be any more than that... I agree with the blur that speculation has gotten out of hand, but most of the people that you used as a reference will most likely get the V6 or I4 turbo (is this engine still in the game or no?) because they want a cool car and don't really care if it sounds cool or if it beats the rest of the cars from stop light to stop light... Most of the people that get the V8 will be performance minded people like most of us. I personally will be getting the DI6 if that is an option... i just hope it doesn't come in at more than 22k...
I think we will see something like this being the LNF 22-25k, DI6 25-28k, and LS3 28-32k.
ToneyTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:33 PM   #58
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Boy, oh boy am I going to have a lot to catch up on! First, and without reading all of the posts (got most of them), those pix look great!!! Photoshopped or not (which I'm sure they are), the Camaro looks awesome.

Whoever did it, I really love that silver bowtie...and the all the chrome?? Love it...especially around the rear brake lights. Looks great! Man, do those pix look awesome!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:15 PM   #59
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
I think a reasonable MSRP for a well-equipped mid-level V8 should be around 29K-31K. If you have to own one of the first off the line, expect to pay sticker. I have waited this long, so I will wait a bit longer and maybe end up with a 2011 model. There might be some nice changes on the 2011 after the car has been around awhile. Besides, I betcha I won't be paying STICKER PRICE on a 2011! As far as the bowtie emblems, that's okay, but they don't need to be so damn big! I would rather have a Z/28 emblem in my grille!
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:43 PM   #60
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
No matter what they do to the high end model, I think they know it would be unwise to have the most significant digit in the price identical to the same digit on the Corvette. Getting within 5K of the Corvette is borderline insanity. The corvette is just that good of a car that it will take too many sales away if the price is close.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:29 PM   #61
Mr. Wyndham

Well, they're not looking to sell a whole lot of High-end models anyway, are they....I don't think Corvette should pose a problem, really.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:09 AM   #62
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
im gonna have to read that motor trend article some time. will update this post at such point

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #63
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
I think a stripped Z28 or whatever will have 400hp will start below 30k but not by much. You just are not going to get 400hp for the price of a live-axle 300hp Mustang GT, not going to happen. You opt for leather, sport package, upgraded stereo, yadda yadda and will easily be in the low to mid 30’s. Now this is MSRP. Doesn’t mean this is what you pay. You’ll be paying more if you want it on day one for sure. My car stickered for $34.5k but I got it for $29.9k.

The invoice price is the real price you’ll need to work from, so when they say $29,495 for the Z28 or whatever keep in mind it’s really $27,895. Obviously guessing but you get the idea.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #64
Mr. Wyndham

All I can say is be prepared to be surprised on price. They aren't going to price this thing so far out of Mustang Territory as some of you keep instisting..
Old 05-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #65
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
As far as the bowtie emblems, that's okay, but they don't need to be so damn big! I would rather have a Z/28 emblem in my grille!
I agree... I don't want it to look like a 2004 malibu... nothing in the grille but a bowtie i could see from an 1/8 mile away and it still looked like it was under a microscope... way too gaudy for me... same size as on the concept would be fine...
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #66
SGOS252382

What's funny (not really) was the $36,000.00 window sticker on a new
Camaro SS in the showroom at our local Chevy dealership back in 1998, just after they switched from the LT1 to the LS1 engine. I tried to talk the salesman down, but he wouldn't budge (waiting for a sucker to walk in).

I ended up paying around $22k (if I remember correctly) for a new LS1 Z28. I really wanted the SS, but I couldn't believe how much they wanted for the car.
What was even better was when I went to the track in my stock Z28, I beat a new SS by a couple cars.

At least this time the SS will actually make more HP than the base V8 Camaro.

But I can only imagine how much that same local dealership is going to be asking for the 2010 Camaro SS.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:15 PM   #67
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
At least this time the SS will actually make more HP than the base V8 Camaro.
Oh? Where and when did you hear that the SS wasn't going to be the base?

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:09 PM   #68
SGOS252382

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Oh? Where and when did you hear that the SS wasn't going to be the base?

Just a guess. This topic has been going back and forth. I'm just going by the old Fbody formula.

Either way (SS or Z28 being the top dog), it's nice to see an increase in performance between the two cars. But with that will come a significant price diffference.
I'm also wondering how different the base V8 will be from the V6. I'm sure it will have larger wheels/tires, badging, and maybe a small wing.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #69
CHVY4LF
Chevrolet For Life!!

Drives: 07 Chevrolet Silverado Classic
I have that issue and did anyone else notice the vents on both sides of the hood? Just wondering because those are new to me

Future Plate: PNYHNTR
Camaro of Choice: 2010 SS 6.2L 6M IOM
Current Ride: 2007 Silverado Classic Ext. Cab 5.3L DBM

CHVY4LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:36 PM   #70
Mungo

Drives: trans am
Is it just me, or does the rear side window look a little wierd as if someone pushed it in or something. It just doesn't seem as flush as the drivers widow. I know pre-production, but it just looks odd!
Mungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:25 PM   #71
bowtiedriver

Drives: 2009 WhiteHot G8 Gt
Those are defanatley vents on that hood. It was one of our insiders (I think camero) that specifically said we have not seen all of the vents, maybe that is what he was talking about.
bowtiedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:27 PM   #72
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Not sure how I feel about more vents...
Old 05-13-2008, 01:31 PM   #73
bowtiedriver

Drives: 2009 WhiteHot G8 Gt
I don't know how I feel about them if they were there. But in reality if they are functional, they would not be more vents, because none of the others are functional.
bowtiedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:33 PM   #74
warbird81

Drives: 1995 camaro, 2005 sts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
Looks like shopped version of some of the spyshots from Arjeplog this winter here in Sweden.
i think the vents are photoshoped in because they look small and out of place. as far as the back side window to the rear i think that someone goofed on their shop skills. they tried to spice up a car that is already hot.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #75
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Looks more like reflections to me…

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote