Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #137
MANNYS2SS/RS

 
MANNYS2SS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,158
Sweet set up
__________________

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi
MANNYS2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:15 PM   #138
MudderFinger
 
MudderFinger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 712
Here is mine coming back from test and tune last night.


Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Attached Images
  
__________________
MudderFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #139
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudderFinger View Post
Here is mine coming back from test and tune last night.


Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Where's the time slip?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:25 PM   #140
MudderFinger
 
MudderFinger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 712
Not my best but I will post up later. Da was bad it was like 1800 even after dark I need Ted to pull some timing because I just upped the boost a little.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
__________________
MudderFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:37 PM   #141
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudderFinger View Post
Not my best but I will post up later. Da was bad it was like 1800 even after dark I need Ted to pull some timing because I just upped the boost a little.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Ill be waiting....
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #142
Rdunn
9.5@143mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 588
i would literally stab someone to get a DA at 1800. super jealous.... it was 105* here today...suppose to get down to 90* at 4am thou
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:15 PM   #143
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdunn View Post
i would literally stab someone to get a DA at 1800. super jealous.... it was 105* here today...suppose to get down to 90* at 4am thou
And I would stab someone if I had a car to drag right now....
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #144
Gtkilrss
 
Gtkilrss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Baytown, TX
Posts: 367
18ft car hauler, steel floor. Heavy fellar lol.
__________________
Gtkilrss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:17 PM   #145
MudderFinger
 
MudderFinger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdunn View Post
i would literally stab someone to get a DA at 1800. super jealous.... it was 105* here today...suppose to get down to 90* at 4am thou
In the fall spring and winter it is Negative in Virginia and other places on east coast. You would really stab someone then. I have been racing in -370 at about 45-50*, sometimes even at 60-70*
__________________
MudderFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:18 PM   #146
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtkilrss View Post
18ft car hauler, steel floor. Heavy fellar lol.
Where's the exhaust on that car?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:29 PM   #147
MudderFinger
 
MudderFinger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Ill be waiting....
Here is your time slip, I was a little disappointed and was not going to post, but since you are not going to go to sleep without it here it is.At least consistent and decent 60ft. But my motors not blown either.
Left lane 2011
Attached Images
 
__________________
MudderFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #148
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudderFinger View Post
Here is your time slip, I was a little disappointed and was not going to post, but since you are not going to go to sleep without it here it is.At least consistent and decent 60ft. But my motors not blown either.
Left lane 2011
Ha, well, my motor isn't blown anymore!! It just came back from being balanced and torque honed. My bitch is almost back.

How does your car 60' so good? I'd stab someone for that 1.39. Hopefully that'll happen soon!

That's par for the course for your car in August though. 10.3 is nothing to be ashamed of.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:57 PM   #149
MudderFinger
 
MudderFinger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Ha, well, my motor isn't blown anymore!! It just came back from being balanced and torque honed. My bitch is almost back.

How does your car 60' so good? I'd stab someone for that 1.39. Hopefully that'll happen soon!

That's par for the course for your car in August though. 10.3 is nothing to be ashamed of.
haha, I could show you one that is 1.38 with a 10.200 pass earlier this year. If I could get it to hook a little better that 60ft. would improve, Maybe I need slicks. I have Farks upper control arm bushings and Pfadt trailing arms and rear tie rods. Pfadt diff bushings, LPW cover, JRE posi mod,3.45 gear and FTI 9.5 billet converter. And i guess the rest is technique. Allot different than Mud Racing with 36in tall bigger digger paddles, if only my Camaro hooked as good as my rail car, but I would most likely break my stock axles/diff.
__________________
MudderFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #150
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudderFinger View Post
haha, I could show you one that is 1.38 with a 10.200 pass earlier this year. If I could get it to hook a little better that 60ft. would improve, Maybe I need slicks. I have Farks upper control arm bushings and Pfadt trailing arms and rear tie rods. Pfadt diff bushings, LPW cover, JRE posi mod,3.45 gear and FTI 9.5 billet converter. And i guess the rest is technique. Allot different than Mud Racing with 36in tall bigger digger paddles, if only my Camaro hooked as good as my rail car, but I would most likely break my stock axles/diff.
Yeah yeah. I guess I'm stuck with these lousy 9 second time slips then.

I just changed out my entire suspension. I hoping for some 1.3's of my own.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:05 PM   #151
MudderFinger
 
MudderFinger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Yeah yeah. I guess I'm stuck with these lousy 9 second time slips then.

I just changed out my entire suspension. I hoping for some 1.3's of my own.
You have good slicks too, I have been wondering why you did not have better 60fts. I would stab someone for your 9 second slips, you have fast car doing nothing but getting faster all the time!
__________________
MudderFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:08 PM   #152
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudderFinger View Post
You have good slicks too, I have been wondering why you did not have better 60fts. I would stab someone for your 9 second slips, you have fast car doing nothing but getting faster all the time!
It blows the tires off. That's why it blew itself up too. Same deal with all the shifts too. I usually just keep it floored and drive through it but at Indy it spun so fast there wasn't much I could do. Do you log mph? It's pretty cool to see where it spins. Especially when you can't feel it. Just makes to suck to see the lost ET.

We will all be investigated for these stabbing threats!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:17 PM   #153
MudderFinger
 
MudderFinger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 712
Yeah I log it and Ted always mentions it is spinning, but for me it I think its just taking off, my shifts seems to hit hard. I will post up a video from last night in a sec and you tell what you think if it only seem like taking off. I will put it in the drag race section we are straying a little off topic here and we will be answering some questions downtown is someone actually gets stabbed tonight, LOL.
__________________
MudderFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.