Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

USA - Southwest AZ, HI, NM, NV, UT

Old 08-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #26
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
It is silly for shops to stock a lot of parts because so much stuff has many options and so many people like different stuff. Stocking fluids, and some basics makes sense but stock cams/headers/etc just doesn't make sense to me. I would be cautious of shops pushing what they have on the shelf compared to what is best for the customer. I've seen this a lot with cams.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #27
Joe@CPR.com

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
It is silly for shops to stock a lot of parts because so much stuff has many options and so many people like different stuff. Stocking fluids, and some basics makes sense but stock cams/headers/etc just doesn't make sense to me. I would be cautious of shops pushing what they have on the shelf compared to what is best for the customer. I've seen this a lot with cams.
Agreed!! We stock the major stuff and some of the odds/ends items that people need in a pinch. But heads, cam stuff is tough. Headers aren't quote as bad and I usually have a gen v set on the shelf

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #28
Unreal

Yah, if you have the money to eat up some inventory a set of 1 3/4, 1 7/8, 2" headers wouldn't be bad. Have them ready to coat/etc. Then there is the question of brand. Some people will want pfadt, some kooks, some cats, some no cats. Next thing you know just for a 5th gen Camaro you need 6-7 sets of headers laying around.

Then ceramic coated or not. I'm surprised more people don't coat stuff here in AZ. It is damn hot.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #29
Unreal

So you are a GM performance shop or a Camaro shop? I would like to see some of the vette you have built.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #30
Unreal

I don't have a Camaro. The local Camaro community is by far the rudest most stuck up group of owners I've met in 20+ years of doing car stuff. Coming from a place with a great Camaro group and moving here it was a shock to see how rude they all were. If it is the same group then I doubt anyone else would be welcome if they aren't driving a Camaro.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #31
Unreal

Compared to other states the local camaro club is horrible. I spoke to my friends in Cali and Utah about the local club and they knew exactly what I was talking about. Very stuck up and exclusionary.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #32
ZenitramSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Loud Pedal Motorsports will tune your ride in A/Z.
2011 2SS Imperial Blue - Volant CAI - SLP Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers - SLP Hi Flow Cats - Flowmaster Cat Back - SLP Line Lock - Full Hotchkis Race Pack Suspension - LS3 Conversion - Wild Comp Cam - Circle D Converter - Edlebrock E Force Supercharger - Weld Racing Wheels - M&H Drag Radial Tires -
ZenitramSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:05 AM   #33
Joe@CPR.com

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenitramSS View Post
Loud Pedal Motorsports will tune your ride in A/Z.
They use nic d which is the same as us. He is an independent tuner and has no affiliation with any shop.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:28 AM   #34
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3
I would suggest joe at midway performance, matt at gearhead garage in gilbert does good work at his house also. Loud pedal has several impressive camaros and track record to prove it literally. They have all been around a while and have done lots of camaros if your looking at a few good options.
VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #35
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
I would suggest joe at midway performance, matt at gearhead garage in gilbert does good work at his house also. Loud pedal has several impressive camaros and track record to prove it literally. They have all been around a while and have done lots of camaros if your looking at a few good options.

Joe is no longer at Midway, he's over at Piccione Performance in Phx now. That's a really nice shop with a lot of talent. They are opening a full performance center to go along with their custom paint and body shop.