Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2013, 01:57 AM   #35
WHAMMO

 
WHAMMO's Avatar
 
Drives: LS2 Fbody
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,514
mine was 3780 with 1/4 tank...
__________________
4th Gen SS/LS2 SB/LS3 heads/N20
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #36
dixonk
 
dixonk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,084
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
mine was 3780 with 1/4 tank...
What is your setup?
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #37
WHAMMO

 
WHAMMO's Avatar
 
Drives: LS2 Fbody
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
What is your setup?
Setup is 1SS, NPP, rear view Cam. Thats it. I was happy to be under 3800..
__________________
4th Gen SS/LS2 SB/LS3 heads/N20
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #38
dixonk
 
dixonk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,084
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
Hmm didn't know there was that much of a difference between the 1SS and 2SS. I only have rear view cam and nav on mine. No NPP though.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #39
Banshee
Institutionally Insane
 
Banshee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Posts: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
Hmm didn't know there was that much of a difference between the 1SS and 2SS. I only have rear view cam and nav on mine. No NPP though.
Most of your weight comes from weight of headlights, leather, gauge package, Boston Acoustics system, heaters in seats..
__________________
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #40
dixonk
 
dixonk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,084
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Most of your weight comes from weight of headlights, leather, gauge package, Boston Acoustics system, heaters in seats..
I took the standard halogen headlights. Would be interesting to see weight difference in leather vs cloth and standard vs BA sound system
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #41
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13
 
TLSTWIN's Avatar
 
Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Vermilion, Ohio
Posts: 3,933
I just put my 2010 2ss on the scales today at Back Street Performance.
This was with just a fuzz under half a tank of fuel, the big camaro trunk matt, a bottle of willwood brake fluid, & 3 bottles of meguires detailer, wax, & glass cleaner in the trunk... lol
The individuals numbers are with me in the car, without me was 3,792
This was a quick spur of the moment weight. I ~ we didn't put the car on their lift, strictly out of curiousity weight.
Attached Images
 
__________________
R.I.P. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373249
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (Rich@BSP) he's in my friends list. https://youtu.be/Lht8sKe1Maw
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:30 PM   #42
Pro Stock John
Writer
 
Pro Stock John's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS / 1951 Mercury
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,144
Leather seats will for sure weigh more, I'd be surprised if it was as much as 20 lbs per seat (fronts), could be just 10 lbs more. Just a guess. My L99 is a 1SS/RS. I will try and weigh again this week.
__________________
PROJECT HEAVY CHEVY
Camaro Now: Mods for the Masses Part I | Part II
13.15@106 1.95 | 100% Stock
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:31 PM   #43
dixonk
 
dixonk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,084
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
Leather seats will for sure weigh more, I'd be surprised if it was as much as 20 lbs per seat (fronts), could be just 10 lbs more. Just a guess. My L99 is a 1SS/RS. I will try and weigh again this week.
Holy crap 20 lbs per seat I will have to suck up the extra weight on that one. I never much liked cloth seats.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #44
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13
 
TLSTWIN's Avatar
 
Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Vermilion, Ohio
Posts: 3,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
Holy crap 20 lbs per seat I will have to suck up the extra weight on that one. I never much liked cloth seats.
My car appears to be less than most on here and I am fully loaded with leather and seat warmers.
__________________
R.I.P. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373249
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (Rich@BSP) he's in my friends list. https://youtu.be/Lht8sKe1Maw
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #45
WHAMMO

 
WHAMMO's Avatar
 
Drives: LS2 Fbody
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,514
NPP is lighter too...stock exhaust is heavy I heard.
__________________
4th Gen SS/LS2 SB/LS3 heads/N20
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #46
dixonk
 
dixonk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,084
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
NPP is lighter too...stock exhaust is heavy I heard.
I read a 10lb difference.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:24 AM   #47
b20
 
Drives: 2013 1LE RS 1SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: barberton ohio
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
I just put my 2010 2ss on the scales today at Back Street Performance.
This was with just a fuzz under half a tank of fuel, the big camaro trunk matt, a bottle of willwood brake fluid, & 3 bottles of meguires detailer, wax, & glass cleaner in the trunk... lol
The individuals numbers are with me in the car, without me was 3,792
This was a quick spur of the moment weight. I ~ we didn't put the car on their lift, strictly out of curiousity weight.
I WOULD ALSO SAY BACKSTREET IS THE BEST PLACE IN OHIO TO GO TO ALWAYS HELPFUL

DAVID
b20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #48
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"
 
Jeff_SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 1,462
Just got my SS weighed. 3779lbs with less than a 1/4 tank of gas.
__________________
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" Headers w/ Cats, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, CAI Intake | Pfadt Suspension | DSS 1000hp axles | MT DR's |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS 483rwhp 433rwtq (mustang dyno)

Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #49
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13
 
TLSTWIN's Avatar
 
Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Vermilion, Ohio
Posts: 3,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
Just got my SS weighed. 3779lbs with less than a 1/4 tank of gas.
Rememer everyone gas weighs about 6.2 lbs per gallon, our tanks are about 4 gallons per 1/4 tank, so, basically you have to add or subtract about 30lbs per 1/4 tank to compare apples to apples
__________________
R.I.P. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373249
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (Rich@BSP) he's in my friends list. https://youtu.be/Lht8sKe1Maw
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #50
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"
 
Jeff_SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Rememer everyone gas weighs about 6.2 lbs per gallon, our tanks are about 4 gallons per 1/4 tank, so, basically you have to add or subtract about 30lbs per 1/4 tank to compare apples to apples
Oh, I wasn't trying to compare myself to the OP, I was just sharing what I weighed in at..
__________________
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" Headers w/ Cats, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, CAI Intake | Pfadt Suspension | DSS 1000hp axles | MT DR's |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS 483rwhp 433rwtq (mustang dyno)

Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #51
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13
 
TLSTWIN's Avatar
 
Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Vermilion, Ohio
Posts: 3,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
Oh, I wasn't trying to compare myself to the OP, I was just sharing what I weighed in at..
Roger that, I was just letting everyone know how to compare their weight to one another, that's all.

There was another post up a few that stated his weight with 1/4 tank also
__________________
R.I.P. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373249
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (Rich@BSP) he's in my friends list. https://youtu.be/Lht8sKe1Maw
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.