Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #7071
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: This Side Of Hell
Posts: 8,442
I keep coming here to see if there's more pictures, just can't get enough porn~
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #7072
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,445
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
My bad... hey if it's working as-is, leave it alone, although, in a fresh build it probably would make installation easier since you're mirroring a side you already fabbed.
We talked about that... It's not quite that easy on the low mounts since you deal with the steering shaft on the drivers side.... but the funny thing is the drivers side was the easiest one to do... more room... at least underneath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
I keep coming here to see if there's more pictures, just can't get enough porn~
I didn't make it to the shop today.... Had to go to home depot and buy a bunch of paint stuff.... A BUNCH... and then go to an appt to pee in a cup for my new job.... probably some more tomorrow...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #7073
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl
 
CamaroSkooter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 9,654
haha, I read "appt" as apartment instead of appointment and wondered what kind of company would have you pee in a cup at someone's apartment.

Talk about a friendly work environment
__________________

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #7074
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,445
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
haha, I read "appt" as apartment instead of appointment and wondered what kind of company would have you pee in a cup at someone's apartment.

Talk about a friendly work environment
Wow, that would be a friendly work environment... Lol...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #7075
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE
 
SM0KE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: IN THE CIRCLE
Posts: 1,913
__________________
Increasing Circle Size is not important.
Worthiness will knock at the door on it's own accord


SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:08 AM   #7076
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,445
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Just because....

As mentioned, I stopped by the shop today and visited with Corey and Co. and took a few pics... Today was a wife and I day... She doesn't go often but enjoys visits to the shop...

So anyway... The passenger side turbo is almost finished. Justin was doing last little bit fit checks, and prior to my arrival, they test fitted the plate that mounts under the turbo's. We will reuse this as it fits in with part of our ground effects. There is plenty of clearance between the plate and the turbo's.

These images give a graphic visual to the size of the downpipes... They are great big...

The down pipes will be adjusted for length and then have V band ends put on them. This will allow for quick and easy changes from full exhaust (street) to short little turndowns (race).

They also figured out the filter situation. We'll run one on both turbo's on the street and remove the filters for racing... We'll make some little screens to put over the turbo's for racing days... Justin is going to fab some 4" pipes from the inlet port to the filter... I ground off some bosses on the driver side of the oil pan the other day....This allows clearance for the filter when running on the street. The bosses used to be there as part of the oil cooler mount, but that is long gone on my car as we have a proper oil cooler up front...
Attached Images
     
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:52 AM   #7077
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,065
My first thought... that will never pass TX emissions

My second thought... The driveshaft safety loop, what the what ???

Is that braided pipeline for your new fuel volume requirements? What is that, 3/4" i.d.???

I could go on but my head hurts
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:13 PM   #7078
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,445
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
My first thought... that will never pass TX emissions

My second thought... The driveshaft safety loop, what the what ???

Is that braided pipeline for your new fuel volume requirements? What is that, 3/4" i.d.???

I could go on but my head hurts
lol, she has never failed emissions yet... Bare in mind on the driveshaft loop that is a 4" drive shaft... The loop looks small but it really is beefy... and well secured...

The braided line is for the old fuel requirements, if we have to change pumps, which is a possibility, we'll use the current supply line as the new return line.... we can try adding a BAP prior to needing to change pumps though... We should know something in the next two weeks...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:16 PM   #7079
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Who's allowing you to grind on anything? Let the professionals do what they do and just keep feeding them 100 dolla bills!!


Looks pretty sweet!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:48 PM   #7080
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,445
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Who's allowing you to grind on anything? Let the professionals do what they do and just keep feeding them 100 dolla bills!!


Looks pretty sweet!
You forget I work on high end stuff when I'm actually at work... I do a lot of hand fabrication, just not on cars...

But you're probably right... and Thanks...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #7081
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,445
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
So, it looks really good to make it to the mile... At lunch today, my supervisor, the big boss, stated that he and one of the other supervisors may have to take a day and come down to Beeville to watch me run Brandi... That's encouraging as hell...

It looks like they are going to try to get me to West Africa next week, to work on a new drill ship off the coast... Not sure where it is specifically and it's only for a short time... Four weeks on the rig but not a permanent assignment...

Have to get together with Logistics tomorrow and go through the process of getting my visa taken care of... m really thinking this job is going to be the cats arse.... Great people and great set up...

I Believe I really made the right decision.....

Now... To arrange for an RV, and lots of other details in preparation...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #7082
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: This Side Of Hell
Posts: 8,442
Bad as hell Robert, great photo also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Just because....

As mentioned, I stopped by the shop today and visited with Corey and Co. and took a few pics... Today was a wife and I day... She doesn't go often but enjoys visits to the shop...

So anyway... The passenger side turbo is almost finished. Justin was doing last little bit fit checks, and prior to my arrival, they test fitted the plate that mounts under the turbo's. We will reuse this as it fits in with part of our ground effects. There is plenty of clearance between the plate and the turbo's.

These images give a graphic visual to the size of the downpipes... They are great big...

The down pipes will be adjusted for length and then have V band ends put on them. This will allow for quick and easy changes from full exhaust (street) to short little turndowns (race).

They also figured out the filter situation. We'll run one on both turbo's on the street and remove the filters for racing... We'll make some little screens to put over the turbo's for racing days... Justin is going to fab some 4" pipes from the inlet port to the filter... I ground off some bosses on the driver side of the oil pan the other day....This allows clearance for the filter when running on the street. The bosses used to be there as part of the oil cooler mount, but that is long gone on my car as we have a proper oil cooler up front...
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #7083
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,445
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
Bad as hell Robert, great photo also!
Thanks Tim,

I think I need your photographic skills though...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #7084
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW
 
aquablueL99's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chalmers, Indiana
Posts: 1,706
That is Bad to the Bone Robert!!

The turbos look like something that belongs in our generating plant!!....


The photos are great...

Thanks for the updates...

Kurt ABL99...
__________________
aquablueL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
203.4, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, mike@thepowdercoater, pedders, rockland standard gear, rx catch can, slayer triple carbon clutch, texas mile, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, ufo, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.