Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #43
proxemics

Drives: 09 shelby GT500
their will be a drag car option, the car will come without A/C and sound system and no rear seats
the engine is rumored to be an LSx block with your choice of compression and top end

2005 honda accord DD
2009 shelby GT500
1990 LS1 foxbody.Sold
1996 mustang GT.Sold
1994 corvette.Sold
2000 mustang.Sold
1987 camaro Z28.Sold
1985 Supra.Sold
2008 mustang GT.Sold
proxemics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #44
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by proxemics View Post
their will be a drag car option, the car will come without A/C and sound system and no rear seats
the engine is rumored to be an LSx block with your choice of compression and top end
SOLD!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #45
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
I'd heard that the center caps on the rims are going to be pure silver with gold insets on the chevy emblems. I'd also heard that the tires are being made of a special compound that no matter how burn-outs you do, they'll never wear out and they'll also adjust to weather conditions.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:34 PM   #46
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2E2RUN View Post
I heard that if you mention "fbodfather" when ordering, that you get a free upgrade to the Cummins 30L diesel with 6 turbos, and the custom '93 pace car paint job. And, that Scott would personally pay off your mortgage! It has to be true, i heard it from the dealership (they already have 6 on the lot).

It's TRUE!!!!

And Chad will put free air conditioning in your house!!!!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #47
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
The Camaro will have 6 engines. 5 will basically be the same except for the number of cylinders. the I4 will have a displacement of 3.0L and will be basically 1/2 of an LS2. The V6 will be an LS2 with the last two cylinders choped off. Z28 will be the LS2. SS will feature a 7.5L V10. ZL1 will feature a 9.0L V12. OSMG (Oh Sweet Mother of God) will have a double-supercharged 21L W24 based off of the LS7, 2 V12 variants sharing a single crankshaft, each with their own supercharger. Power output will be unknown for this engine, the dyno's at GM only go up to 2000 hp before they explode.

I heard this from a friend of a friend who talks to the dog of a guy who knows a person who empties the trash at GM's corporate headquarters. I regard this info as holy scripture. I want my OSMG Camaro!
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:46 AM   #48
proxemics

Drives: 09 shelby GT500
for those who don't know GM is working on new camaro called LK (legend killer) it's rumored to have a new engine nobody know anything about other than an estimated power around 800HP

2005 honda accord DD
2009 shelby GT500
1990 LS1 foxbody.Sold
1996 mustang GT.Sold
1994 corvette.Sold
2000 mustang.Sold
1987 camaro Z28.Sold
1985 Supra.Sold
2008 mustang GT.Sold
proxemics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #49
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
It's going to feature a 100% titanium body and be able to travel through time.
Forged 11.4:1 408 LQ4 (K1 crank & rods; Mahle pistons)/CPP LS3 CNC heads/BTR Stage IV LS3 cam/home ported L92 intake manifold/ported 90mm TB/custom Volant CAI/mid-length headers/AFE dual 3" CB/Corvette Servo/el cheapo lift/Cognito UCAs/Sphon poly adjustable TA/Sphon adjustable rear LCAs/e'fan conversion/DirtyMax radiator/Moroso catchcan/HPTuners/HID conversion/LED exterior lighting/LED interior accents/Autometer Cobalts/AEM WBPioneer AVH-5600BHS/Pioneer GM-9601/2-Pioneer TS-W310D4s/Obcon Labyrinth dual-12 box/lots of other little stuff
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #50
The_Blur
Rock Chalk

Drives: Demon Super Sport
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
It's going to feature a 100% titanium body and be able to travel through time.
That's what the flux capacitor does—duh!
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #51
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
It's TRUE!!!!

And Chad will put free air conditioning in your house!!!!
LMFAO!!!!!
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #52
The_Blur
Rock Chalk

My insider connections at GM headquarters have just informed me about the first officially sponsored Camaro to be released next July. It will be the official Caterpillar Camaro, featuring a twin turbo diesel truck motor, 6 20-inch rims, extra large tractor tires, and enough torque to tow a fully loaded semi 12 seconds in the quarter mile, although so far there have been real problems with controlling that torque in a straight line. The exhaust will operate like that of a truck and feature both side and upward exit as options. A stage 2 kit will come from GMPP featuring a nitrous oxide tune that will allow additional forced induction. Caterpillar is convinced that this will be the ultimate off-roading machine, sponsoring the first off the assembly line to be a competitor in demolition derbies and monster truck off-roading competitions. Expect to see the Camaro dominate both asphalt and dirt tracks next year.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #53
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Camaro High Speed edition...

This trim level comes with a ten speed transmission, pushing the car well over 300 miles per hour making it the fastest production car on earth!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #54
The_Blur
Rock Chalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Camaro High Speed edition...

This trim level comes with a ten speed transmission, pushing the car well over 300 miles per hour making it the fastest production car on earth!!!
This thread is intended to go on until production specs are released. That means that you should express your Camaro creativity here until then. Keep posting your "facts!"
Old 05-15-2008, 02:45 PM   #55
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
Other Chevy Camaro Facts:

When the bogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for the Chevy Camaro.

Outer space exists because its afraid to be on the same planet as the Chevy Camaro.

The Chevy Camaro will be admitted into statehood in 2009. It's state flower will be the Magnolia.

When a Chevy Camaro gets rained on, the Chevy Camaro doesn't get wet. The rain gets Chevy Camaroed.

When pictures of the Chevy Camaro were shown in France, the French surrendered to the Chevy Camaro just to be on the safe side.

Google won't search for Chevy Camaro because it knows you don't find Chevy Camaros. Chevy Camaros find you.

The original title for "Alien vs. Predator" was "Alien vs. Predator vs. Chevy Camaro." It was cancelled in preproduction, because film execs knew no one would pay 9 bucks to see a movie 14 seconds long.
JaysonAych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #56
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysonAych View Post
Other Chevy Camaro Facts:

When the bogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for the Chevy Camaro.

Outer space exists because its afraid to be on the same planet as the Chevy Camaro.

The Chevy Camaro will be admitted into statehood in 2009. It's state flower will be the Magnolia.

When a Chevy Camaro gets rained on, the Chevy Camaro doesn't get wet. The rain gets Chevy Camaroed.

When pictures of the Chevy Camaro were shown in France, the French surrendered to the Chevy Camaro just to be on the safe side.

Google won't search for Chevy Camaro because it knows you don't find Chevy Camaros. Chevy Camaros find you.

The original title for "Alien vs. Predator" was "Alien vs. Predator vs. Chevy Camaro." It was cancelled in preproduction, because film execs knew no one would pay 9 bucks to see a movie 14 seconds long.
ROTFL!!! OMG; that's too funny. True; but funny.
Forged 11.4:1 408 LQ4 (K1 crank & rods; Mahle pistons)/CPP LS3 CNC heads/BTR Stage IV LS3 cam/home ported L92 intake manifold/ported 90mm TB/custom Volant CAI/mid-length headers/AFE dual 3" CB/Corvette Servo/el cheapo lift/Cognito UCAs/Sphon poly adjustable TA/Sphon adjustable rear LCAs/e'fan conversion/DirtyMax radiator/Moroso catchcan/HPTuners/HID conversion/LED exterior lighting/LED interior accents/Autometer Cobalts/AEM WBPioneer AVH-5600BHS/Pioneer GM-9601/2-Pioneer TS-W310D4s/Obcon Labyrinth dual-12 box/lots of other little stuff
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, rumors, z28