Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Yellow Chevy Camaro LS
VHT high temperature paint?

Has anyone used VHT high temperature paint on their calipers? If so how has it held up? I looked on line and there is several yellows so which yellow best matches the camaro? Pictures anyone?
Roto-Fab intake, Vmax throttle body, Painted engine and fuse covers, Strut brace, Elite catch can, Custom yellow vinyl dash and door inserts, Center console gauges, Kicker stereo system, ZL1 pedals, ZL1 Rockers, Rear spoiler, SS Brembo brakes, Russell S.S. brake lines, 20" staggered Foose Legend wheels with Nitto Invo tires.
CamaroLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:38 AM   #2
the barber

Drives: 13' Sw 2ss Ls3
The brush on applications work and last longer than the spray on, autozone should carry the paint not sure on all the available colors they have
the barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:39 AM   #3
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
You can PM sleez and ask him what he used. He spent a lot of time researching the best paints etc.

I on the other hand sent mine to mike the powder coater as I wanted a top tier finish that would hold up over time. Plus I didn't want to screw anything up.

intensifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:51 AM   #4
CamaroLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
You can PM sleez and ask him what he used. He spent a lot of time researching the best paints etc.

I on the other hand sent mine to mike the powder coater as I wanted a top tier finish that would hold up over time. Plus I didn't want to screw anything up.
I was thinking about doing that. How do you like yours?
Roto-Fab intake, Vmax throttle body, Painted engine and fuse covers, Strut brace, Elite catch can, Custom yellow vinyl dash and door inserts, Center console gauges, Kicker stereo system, ZL1 pedals, ZL1 Rockers, Rear spoiler, SS Brembo brakes, Russell S.S. brake lines, 20" staggered Foose Legend wheels with Nitto Invo tires.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroLS View Post
I was thinking about doing that. How do you like yours?
I'll post pics when they arrive. Should be about a week.

I like what Mike has done already though. He noted the calipers had some issues which required some minor rebuilding. He could have just powder coated them and sent them back without telling me. Instead he noted the issues and is helping me rebuild them as needed. He is a real professional. I highly recommend him.

intensifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
I painted mine black using the caliper spray paint and it has held up surprisingly well considering my car is a DD and I live in the midwest. I'd recommend it as a cheap solution, but paint / powdercoating is the best way to get high quality results.

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #7
Glen e

Drives: Cyber/Red C7
I got great results with Duplicolor Spray Ceramic caliper paint - much more than Duplicolor brush on which I tried first. The coat is uniform and after 6 months still looks perfect: (used flash - it's perfect deep red)
Old 09-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #8
CamaroLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I got great results with Duplicolor Spray Ceramic caliper paint - much more than Duplicolor brush on which I tried first. The coat is uniform and after 6 months still looks perfect: (used flash - it's perfect deep red)
Looks really good!!!