Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #18
Midnight Rat

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
The car is shipped with the side skirts removed. Makes it easier for the dealer to paint and put on. Your car should be a rare one one being I know of three now with the gfx.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #19
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

Drives: Camaro 2SS, Z06 Vette, ATS Turbo
Front GFX has a bunch of holes drilled on the lower portion to rivet brackets in place to hold the splitter in place, unless the bracket are re useable for the 1LE splitter which im pretty sure they are not well your screwed.

If the vehicle was ordered with GFX, GM ships the whole GFX kit to the dealer and the car is ships without the side skirts, everything else is still there, front bumper, rear bumper and all corresponding parts.

2013 Cadillac ATS, Black, 2.0L Turbo, Luxury package, 20" Strada's, Pirelli Pzeros, 5% tint.

2010 Camaro 2SS Black, L99, SLP headers, GMPP axle back, K&N CAI, JRE tune, 22" Boss 337's, Nitto Invos 5% tint.

2011 Z06 Corvette Black, LS7, Borla Cat Back, 5% tint.
DJ_BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #20
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
But do they ship a front splitter in that instance? The 1LE splitter is also installed at the dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #21
Midnight Rat

The car I saw had the splitter in it. There was a long box in it. Can't think what else it could have been.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #22
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Drives: 2013 Black SS RS 1LE
I just had my front end fixed due to a bad run in with a tall curb....Long story. Anyway, the body shop ended up having to call GM and mess around a lot before things got straight on what's what. The rubber fascia, according to GM, is a ZL1 fascia. I laughed in the guys face and told him he's dead wrong, but if he wanted to put a Zl1 fascia on there he could feel free. The fascia is basically the same as the normal SS and there are 50 "specialized" rivets which attach the ABS plastic splitter to it. The new OEM fascia cost $460 while the solid ABS plastic splitter cost over $1260! That's almost half the cost of the ground effects kit all together installed! Trying to take yours off would be very bad. The fascia under it isn't even the same as a normal 1LE's fascia. Personally, I like the way they both look but there's one other 1LE at work and I can park next to his and mine it the one which gets all of the attention. You paid for it, love it!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #23
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Oh ya. I was able to talk to the GM rep the body shop got their information from and he was telling me 1LE's which are ordered with the ground effects kit from the factory NEVER get the "normal" 1LE splitter or fascia. So the dealer didn't screw anyone out of anything, it never had it to begin with.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #24
Fraxum

Drives: 2003 Jetta. At least it's red.
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzyk01 View Post
Oh ya. I was able to talk to the GM rep the body shop got their information from and he was telling me 1LE's which are ordered with the ground effects kit from the factory NEVER get the "normal" 1LE splitter or fascia. So the dealer didn't screw anyone out of anything, it never had it to begin with.
OP you may have the most unique 1LE. 1 of 1. Has anyone seen another? Although there was one shipped without the hood wrap I believe.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #25
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

I'd like to think I have a special car....

Old 09-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #26
Midnight Rat

Local dealer has a white here.