Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

tandtperformance.com
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Old 09-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
extremewattage

Drives: 2010 lt/rs
How long to hear from D&D Mods / Dennis

Hi,
Ive read a bunch of good stuff over my time here @ camaro5 about Dennis, and d&D Mods. How long does it take to hear from them?
I wrote to the email listed on their site
I emailed dennis
and I also copyed it and pmed to him.
Its been 8 days now and no reply.

Im a young man 38, But I have mesothelioma, and I cant do much as I used to,but I need to get this project done before the temp drops because I get pneumonia easily, and cant do any work out in the cold.

Should I just go with another vendor - Id really like to do a deal with them since they support the site.

Thanks for any insight
Bill
extremewattage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
extremewattage

By the lack of response here, from Dennis, and from double d, It looks like its not a good vendor? Either that or possibly they went on vacation?
Old 09-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Never heard of that guy/shop. I wouldn't wait. If it takes longer than a day, two tops, for a response , then run far far away. Plenty of great shops to choose from.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
extremewattage

several members here have used DD mods , but its been almost 2 weeks now , with no response at all .I don't know how they stay in business
Old 09-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
JWMotoring

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to JWMotoring
Call them up if you haven't. I believe phones work best for them.
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
Synner

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
He is setting up a 2nd location and made some posts about being out of town and being wrapped up with that. I've never dealt with him on anything but I do recall seeing the posts, can't speak from any personal experience with him. I would use the phone.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
Double D Mods

Drives: 2012 Grand Sport Convertible Vette
I actually did get your message.
Your message was this below.

I just decided to not reply as I have never had anyone send me a message like you have sent.

As always we have two locations now...not to bad for a company who is so small, with working phone lines in all of them which might I add have voice mail that could have been called.
I hope you ended up getting all your stuff sorted out.
Dennis

I emailed to you as well, But im not sure if I had the email right. Im fighting cancer and probably shouldnt be spending moey as im way broke, but working on the car is the only thing that bings me joy these days, so every penny counts.

I would like to place an order from you guys> I dont want to give subthump the buisiness, because your a smaller company that need it, and also you seem to be a big supporter of camaro five.com. which im a member of and love

Im mostly interested in purchasing
Item #: CS10CB
http://shop.doubledmods.com/2010-201...ure-CS10CB.htm

Your price is 69.99 plus 40.00 shipping

I have found a a souce on the internet that will sell it shipped to me for

I also found a guy locally that will hake a buy- as good as yours or subthumps
for 75.00. But hes kinda a snob, and he overcharges everyone for amps, wiring etc, so I
still would rather suppot the guy who supports our online community.
Can you match or beat this price for me? I thought I had a coupon code for you guys but cant find it.
My zip is 19464 and we have a loading ramp for usps, ups, fedex etc.. I know that is cheaper then a home delivery.

Also I might want to add on some other things. I have a question about
Amplifier Integration Interface for 2010 & up Camaro
http://shop.doubledmods.com/Amplifie...ro-AA-GM44.htm

is this used to just get connections for adding a sub amp , or is this wired in to add an amp to the stock system for the stock door and rear speakers?

Also, one last thing. Is there a proper way to navigate to your wiring and amp install kits. I cant seem to find them without doing a search, and I dont want to miss anything.

Thanks so much
William Watt - extremewattage on Camaro 5 .com

Last edited by Double D Mods; 09-19-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Double D Mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #8
Big Top Gt
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2010 2SS/RS (LS3)
Send a message via AIM to Big Top Gt Send a message via Skype™ to Big Top Gt
I've been doing business with Dennis and Double D mods for more than a year now.

It's been nothing but consistently excellent service.
Big Top Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #9
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
I think a polite, sorry we can't match those prices response would have been better than no response at all.

To the op, hope things work out with you with your health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D Mods View Post
I actually did get your message.
Your message was this below.

I just decided to not reply as I have never had anyone send me a message like you have sent.

As always we have two locations now...not to bad for a company who is so small, with working phone lines in all of them which might I add have voice mail that could have been called.
I hope you ended up getting all your stuff sorted out.
Dennis

I emailed to you as well, But im not sure if I had the email right. Im fighting cancer and probably shouldnt be spending moey as im way broke, but working on the car is the only thing that bings me joy these days, so every penny counts.

I would like to place an order from you guys> I dont want to give subthump the buisiness, because your a smaller company that need it, and also you seem to be a big supporter of camaro five.com. which im a member of and love

Im mostly interested in purchasing
Item #: CS10CB
http://shop.doubledmods.com/2010-201...ure-CS10CB.htm

Your price is 69.99 plus 40.00 shipping

I have found a a souce on the internet that will sell it shipped to me for

I also found a guy locally that will hake a buy- as good as yours or subthumps
for 75.00. But hes kinda a snob, and he overcharges everyone for amps, wiring etc, so I
still would rather suppot the guy who supports our online community.
Can you match or beat this price for me? I thought I had a coupon code for you guys but cant find it.
My zip is 19464 and we have a loading ramp for usps, ups, fedex etc.. I know that is cheaper then a home delivery.

Also I might want to add on some other things. I have a question about
Amplifier Integration Interface for 2010 & up Camaro
http://shop.doubledmods.com/Amplifie...ro-AA-GM44.htm

is this used to just get connections for adding a sub amp , or is this wired in to add an amp to the stock system for the stock door and rear speakers?

Also, one last thing. Is there a proper way to navigate to your wiring and amp install kits. I cant seem to find them without doing a search, and I dont want to miss anything.

Thanks so much
William Watt - extremewattage on Camaro 5 .com
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #10
Big Top Gt
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2010 2SS/RS (LS3)
Send a message via AIM to Big Top Gt Send a message via Skype™ to Big Top Gt
As a business owner, I think I understand how it's better to simply not respond sometimes.

Man, you'd be surprised by some people and how they act when you try to explain why you can't get to where they are, budget wise.
Big Top Gt is offline   Reply With Quote