Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

View our official forum sponsors list.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2013, 02:24 AM   #155
Camaro_SS_323
NativeStreetMachine
 
Drives: 2013 Red 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 46
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/kok-6511oemc

This set of headers includes the cats also. Are they the high flow cats? It doesn't say in the description really but it looks like a good deal.
Camaro_SS_323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #156
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_SS_323 View Post
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/kok-6511oemc

This set of headers includes the cats also. Are they the high flow cats? It doesn't say in the description really but it looks like a good deal.
They do not include the cats. It is only the headers. The cats are shown in the photo but not included. If you scroll down to the "Suggested Parts" tab you will see optional mid pipes and high flow cats. Apex is a Kooks distributor so there is no one in a position to offer a deal that we can't at least match if not beat. Shop around and then bring what you find to me.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #157
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,200
"Works of automotive art. I would almost rather hang them on the wall." C5 member Pharmaro's response when he laid eyes on his new Pfadt headers.

__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #158
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeniorMoment View Post
Even with CAI, cruising the Interstate with the Pfadt headers/high flow cats/factory cat back, it's very quiet in the cabin. Get into it, and the sound is what a muscle car should sound like.

Some headers look like crap after they've been driven a bit; I like the "gold" color of the Pfadts;

I am with you. I like the coloration bare stainless steel headers take on.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #159
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,200
Jeff_SS just installed a set of Kooks 1 7/8 headers and high flow cats from Apex Motorsports along with the factory NPP exhaust on his 2013 SS. This thing sounds awesome!

__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #160
RoachDad
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Welcome, NC
Posts: 109
Chase, I love this thread. I have a bone stock 2010 SS and I plan to do that CAI first and then some header and exhaust.

Kooks sponsors our car club (5th Generation Camaros of the Carolinas) so I am happy to see all the positive comments about their products. I like them also.

However, can you explain the cost differential? They seem to be about 3-400 more than the other comparable headers.
RoachDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #161
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachDad View Post
Chase, I love this thread. I have a bone stock 2010 SS and I plan to do that CAI first and then some header and exhaust.

Kooks sponsors our car club (5th Generation Camaros of the Carolinas) so I am happy to see all the positive comments about their products. I like them also.

However, can you explain the cost differential? They seem to be about 3-400 more than the other comparable headers.
Well, Kooks is made in the US using materials sourced in the US. That means higher costs than a company that is sourcing material or labor from overseas. That beings said, they are not the only company doing those things. Each company sets their own pricing/margins so contacting Kooks directly would probably be your best bet but, I wouldn't expect much of a direct answer.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #162
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,374
Great to see all the happy Pfadt Family out there. Thanks Chase for being such an informative expert on here.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #163
2SS2010
 
Drives: 2010 2 SS
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 601
Hey Pfadt, Can you help out a fellow SS owner with a wife and child who's poor? LOL
2SS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #164
SSNYSTR
 
SSNYSTR's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chackbay, La
Posts: 596
I have a question Chase. I started a forum on headers, but didn't get to many responses, so I was wondering, I want to get some Borla LT headers to match my Borla ATAK, about how much gains will I get? Also, are these a good set of headers? I was also looking at NoWeeds for an even louder sound, apparently these would be louder because they are open headers, and also you can shut them off when need be, but I heard they barely add any power if any. I'm just curious because I want my car to be loud and also have some power gains.
SSNYSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #165
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDame1 View Post
I have a question Chase. I started a forum on headers, but didn't get to many responses, so I was wondering, I want to get some Borla LT headers to match my Borla ATAK, about how much gains will I get? Also, are these a good set of headers? I was also looking at NoWeeds for an even louder sound, apparently these would be louder because they are open headers, and also you can shut them off when need be, but I heard they barely add any power if any. I'm just curious because I want my car to be loud and also have some power gains.
Borla makes great exhaust systems but you can get much better headers for the money. Stainless Works, Kooks, Pfadt, and ARH are all in the same neighborhood price wise and produce better gains. They also include everything you need where as the Borla do not. We carry Borla along with all the other brands mentioned so this isn't a case of a vendor trying to sell you on what he carries. This is honest info.

The NoWeeds will only be a sound mod. You are not going to see any noticeable amount of extra power. I would at least wait until you had the headers installed to see how that sounds. You may decide you do not have any need for it to ever be louder than that.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #166
SSNYSTR
 
SSNYSTR's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chackbay, La
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Borla makes great exhaust systems but you can get much better headers for the money. Stainless Works, Kooks, Pfadt, and ARH are all in the same neighborhood price wise and produce better gains. They also include everything you need where as the Borla do not. We carry Borla along with all the other brands mentioned so this isn't a case of a vendor trying to sell you on what he carries. This is honest info.

The NoWeeds will only be a sound mod. You are not going to see any noticeable amount of extra power. I would at least wait until you had the headers installed to see how that sounds. You may decide you do not have any need for it to ever be louder than that.
I'm looking at all these different kinds of headers, and they are $400-500+ more than Borla. And thanks, that makes sense about waiting for NoWeeds
SSNYSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #167
SSNYSTR
 
SSNYSTR's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chackbay, La
Posts: 596
What would you say are more power adding headers for around the same price as Borla?($800-900)
SSNYSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #168
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDame1 View Post
I'm looking at all these different kinds of headers, and they are $400-500+ more than Borla. And thanks, that makes sense about waiting for NoWeeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDame1 View Post
What would you say are more power adding headers for around the same price as Borla?($800-900)
The Borla headers are about $900 but you have to keep in mind that they only include the headers. Most of the other brands I mentioned are about the same price for headers only. If you add high flow cats then they are $400-500 more.

Borla headers are 1 3/4 inch headers where most others are 1 7/8. If you look at the opening post of this thread you can see what kind of difference that makes. If you want something in the $900 range that will make more power than Borla, check out Stainless Power. They are 1 7/8 header with high flow cats for under $900 plus we have them on sale right now.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
arh, headers, kooks, long tube headers, stainless works

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.