Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
tandtperformance.com
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2013, 05:25 AM   #26
Apex Chase

 
Apex Chase's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 22,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeniorMoment View Post
Another view of the Tri-Ys;

Great photo. People don't usually think to get one from the backside.
__________________
Apex Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #27
bdrobLS3
 
bdrobLS3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SSRS Manual Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Grafenw÷hr Germany
Posts: 70
Send a message via AIM to bdrobLS3
the exhaust on my car has a 2 1/2 inch connection to a 3 inch x pipe do i need a new x pipe with these as well I bought the Flow Master AMT CAT back system
bdrobLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #28
Apex Chase

 
Apex Chase's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 22,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrobLS3 View Post
the exhaust on my car has a 2 1/2 inch connection to a 3 inch x pipe do i need a new x pipe with these as well I bought the Flow Master AMT CAT back system
No, it will bolt up to your cat back.
__________________
Apex Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #29
DanSSRS
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ottawa Ontario
Posts: 47
Just received/installed mine yesterday from apex. (Thanks again apex)

Fitment was great and easier install then my shorties and hi flow mid pipes.

Will be posting up a video of the pfadt headers and no mufflers.

Thanks pfadt for the great product!



DanSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #30
Apex Chase

 
Apex Chase's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 22,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSSRS View Post
Just received/installed mine yesterday from apex. (Thanks again apex)

Fitment was great and easier install then my shorties and hi flow mid pipes.

Will be posting up a video of the pfadt headers and no mufflers.

Thanks pfadt for the great product!




Thanks for your order and for sharing the photos.

__________________
Apex Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #31
Mgizzle
 
Mgizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 582
That looks like its touching the second coil from left?! Man, I would wrap those headers, those clearances would make me nervous.
__________________
I work for General Motors and am not an official spokes person for General Motors. My views and opinions are my own and not those of General Motors.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:42 AM   #32
Johnthegreat
 
Johnthegreat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS black camaro
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 435
What's the power difference? I still havent read anything to so me why these are better than the others.
Johnthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:07 AM   #33
62nalide

 
62nalide's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnthegreat View Post
What's the power difference? I still havent read anything to so me why these are better than the others.
Just the way they are made, and NO they are not better than the rest.
__________________
VVT cam equipped.
N/A 6.2L 7.20s in the 1/8!
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #34
Apex Chase

 
Apex Chase's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 22,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnthegreat View Post
What's the power difference? I still havent read anything to so me why these are better than the others.
Give this a quick look. There is some information specific to the Tri-Y design in there.

Choosing The Right Long Tube Headers

So far the real world peak gains have been about in line with what you would expect from any of the premium brand headers but often with slightly stronger mid range gains. They are not some kind of new magical header but they are a very good new top tier header option for Camaro owners. Especially ZL1 owners since you do not have to cutting the belly pan.
__________________
Apex Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #35
fly2hip8
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 39
Why are there two bungs at the end of the header? One is for oxygen sensor, what is the other one for?. Forgive my ignorance I have never seen that before.
fly2hip8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #36
DanSSRS
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ottawa Ontario
Posts: 47
Air fuel wide band.
DanSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:55 AM   #37
Apex Chase

 
Apex Chase's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 22,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2hip8 View Post
Why are there two bungs at the end of the header? One is for oxygen sensor, what is the other one for?. Forgive my ignorance I have never seen that before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSSRS View Post
Air fuel wide band.
That is correct.
__________________
Apex Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:00 PM   #38
Camaro Dude
and Sledge
 
Camaro Dude's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, 2SS, NPP
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Qc, Canada
Posts: 794
Do these Pfadt headers come only 1 7/8, or 2" as well?
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:39 PM   #39
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 2,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Do these Pfadt headers come only 1 7/8, or 2" as well?
They only come in the one size. I could be wrong but I think they are 2" into 1 7/8"...

As a reference I just had my '13 1LE with catted Phadts, an ADM race intake, Vmax ported TB and threw down 432HP/422TQ with a Formato tune.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
__________________
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:45 PM   #40
Camaro Dude
and Sledge
 
Camaro Dude's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, 2SS, NPP
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Qc, Canada
Posts: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
They only come in the one size. I could be wrong but I think they are 2" into 1 7/8"...

As a reference I just had my '13 1LE with catted Phadts, an ADM race intake, Vmax ported TB and threw down 432HP/422TQ with a Formato tune.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Thanks man, those are very impressive results!

Are you going to add a cam package, or just pure 100% bolt-on?
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:33 AM   #41
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 2,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Thanks man, those are very impressive results!

Are you going to add a cam package, or just pure 100% bolt-on?
Plans are to do my Fluidampr UDP in a week or so then I'll focus on Aero and suspension mods for a little while. Hopefully by the end of the year I will have all my parts for a Heads/Cam/Manifold/TB project. My ultimate goal is to get up to 500HP with as much TQ as possible. 500/500 would be ideal but every one tells me that much TQ isn't going to happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
__________________
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:52 AM   #42
Apex Chase

 
Apex Chase's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 22,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Plans are to do my Fluidampr UDP in a week or so then I'll focus on Aero and suspension mods for a little while. Hopefully by the end of the year I will have all my parts for a Heads/Cam/Manifold/TB project. My ultimate goal is to get up to 500HP with as much TQ as possible. 500/500 would be ideal but every one tells me that much TQ isn't going to happen.
Sounds like my kind of build. 500/500 is what I am shooting for with my 4th Gen project.
__________________

Last edited by Apex Chase; 01-27-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Apex Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #43
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,377
As always ApexChase, great information and photos.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #44
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 2,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Sounds like my kind of build. 500/500 is what I am shooting for with my 4th Gen project.
Well I just went racing this weekend (road course) the car needs a bunch of stuff suspension/tires and more HP... those little stripped down Honduhs squirted around that tight little track pretty well.

I need to get it so I can shave another 3-4 seconds off my time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
__________________
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:12 AM   #45
Apex Chase

 
Apex Chase's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 22,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
As always ApexChase, great information and photos.
__________________
Apex Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:10 PM   #46
GeorgiaSS
 
GeorgiaSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS RJT.
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
I know there have been some questions about this so here are a few shots of the fitment on an SS.




Just put a set on my car. The steering shaft is about 1/4 inch from the header tube. At times when turning I can feel a vibration for just a second. The rubber boot is laying on the tube. Any idea's?

2010 Camaro SS....Thanks
__________________
07 Trailblazer SS
13:60 @ 102 mph.
GeorgiaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #47
GeorgiaSS
 
GeorgiaSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS RJT.
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 34
Here's what I'm talking about.http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ss16...gs001.jpg.html
__________________
07 Trailblazer SS
13:60 @ 102 mph.
GeorgiaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:08 PM   #48
OzzySS

 
OzzySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PC, HI
Posts: 1,311
you've got the same problem i encountered...that vibration during a turn is the metal clasp rubbing the header tube. initially my whole boot was making contact and i could feel more resistance on the steering wheel, then i disconnected and reconnected the shaft, but had a nasty vibration at certain points during turns.
you can probably just take some channel locks and press it down so it stops hitting it. worked for me
__________________
Build thread linked in the pic...


OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:57 PM   #49
GeorgiaSS
 
GeorgiaSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS RJT.
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
you've got the same problem i encountered...that vibration during a turn is the metal clasp rubbing the header tube. initially my whole boot was making contact and i could feel more resistance on the steering wheel, then i disconnected and reconnected the shaft, but had a nasty vibration at certain points during turns.
you can probably just take some channel locks and press it down so it stops hitting it. worked for me
I'll try that when it cools off, thanks.
__________________
07 Trailblazer SS
13:60 @ 102 mph.
GeorgiaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #50
Indydriver

 
Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Great photo. People don't usually think to get one from the backside.
Looking at this side-by-side, it certainly isn't hard to believe their claim of 24-27 lb weight savings. Less weight =

How does that compare with other leading headers?
Indydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
apex motorsports, headers, long tube headers, pfadt, tri-y

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.