Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #113
10 2SS/RS 6M
 
10 2SS/RS 6M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6M Black-s/s
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ View Post
I hollowed out my cats this morning...another PITA job. I thought it would be 15 min or so per cat...took closer to 1 1/2 hours each...another bushing type job.

For some reason I for got to take an after pic, but they essentially look nice and clean in the middle.

.
I been meaning to ask (And have ask many times!) this question several times, I hear they only rob 3-4 hp, but the tone must certainly be different?
Now that you did it what differences did you notice- sound, power, anything?

P.S.
I see you got it over 800rwhp!
Haven't been on the forum as often, have to catch up!
__________________
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. Hurst short throw shifter, DSS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport swaybars w/HD adjustable links. Monster LT1-S twin, clutch, Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 60'.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #114
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...
 
PMJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 aka "BlackWidow"
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2SS/RS 6M View Post
I been meaning to ask (And have ask many times!) this question several times, I hear they only rob 3-4 hp, but the tone must certainly be different?
Now that you did it what differences did you notice- sound, power, anything?

P.S.
I see you got it over 800rwhp!
Haven't been on the forum as often, have to catch up!
Yes, I finally broke 800 at 107*F ambient temp...I'm looking forward to dynoing/racing on a sub 80* day. Maybe in October...

I didn't notice anything significant on the high flow cat to no cats mod. My primary reason for making the change was the concern of melting the cats at my current power and causing flow problems. Everyone I talked to said I needed to lose the cats at my power level. There may have been a slight increase in sound, but again not noticeable...it was loud before and still loud.
__________________
PMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:46 PM   #115
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...
 
PMJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 aka "BlackWidow"
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 392
New Shoes! Ready to dance...

Just put on my new track shoes for the first time (thanks to a little help from Jamie). Had to cut off the skates up front. And now I'm almost ready to go to the track Saturday.

Name:  newshoes.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  118.4 KB

Name:  newshoesrear.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  99.2 KB

Name:  newshoesfront.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  102.9 KB

Supposed to be in the 80s Saturday night in Seally, TX. I hope the rain holds off. Should be good enough weather for me to break into the 10s for the first time.

I'm expect 17.5+# of boost, so should be running around 830-850 whp.

I found out my belts are shredding because my balancer is recessed about 1 rib behind the rest of my 10 rib pulleys. So I took a new belt, cut 1 rib off, so now i'm running a 9 rib belt...and it appears to be riding just fine. We'll see how it holds up at the track.

My hex vents showed up today (install pending), and I'm still waiting on my larger chiller. The current chiller helps, but not anywhere close to what I was expecting.
__________________
PMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #116
10 2SS/RS 6M
 
10 2SS/RS 6M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6M Black-s/s
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ View Post
Just put on my new track shoes for the first time (thanks to a little help from Jamie). Had to cut off the skates up front. And now I'm almost ready to go to the track Saturday.

Attachment 555442



Attachment 555443

Attachment 555444

Supposed to be in the 80s Saturday night in Seally, TX. I hope the rain holds off. Should be good enough weather for me to break into the 10s for the first time.

I'm expect 17.5+# of boost, so should be running around 830-850 whp.

I found out my belts are shredding because my balancer is recessed about 1 rib behind the rest of my 10 rib pulleys. So I took a new belt, cut 1 rib off, so now i'm running a 9 rib belt...and it appears to be riding just fine. We'll see how it holds up at the track.

My hex vents showed up today (install pending), and I'm still waiting on my larger chiller. The current chiller helps, but not anywhere close to what I was expecting.
With that amount of horsepower you should have no problem running 10's, hope it all works out for you, wheels look great! Post some video's, Good Luck!
__________________
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. Hurst short throw shifter, DSS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport swaybars w/HD adjustable links. Monster LT1-S twin, clutch, Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 60'.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #117
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...
 
PMJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 aka "BlackWidow"
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2SS/RS 6M View Post
With that amount of horsepower you should have no problem running 10's, hope it all works out for you, wheels look great! Post some video's, Good Luck!
I guess it's all on the driver now. Thanks! I hope to get some videos and will post.
__________________
PMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #118
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...
 
PMJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 aka "BlackWidow"
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 392
Time to race! First time to the track on the trailer...

__________________
PMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #119
10 2SS/RS 6M
 
10 2SS/RS 6M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6M Black-s/s
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ View Post
Time to race! First time to the track on the trailer...

Nice! You still have it street legal right?
It is a lot better to trailer it to the track anyway to race to keep it cool and not have your street tires there, etc..
POST!
__________________
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. Hurst short throw shifter, DSS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport swaybars w/HD adjustable links. Monster LT1-S twin, clutch, Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 60'.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #120
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Good luck. Let us know how you make out.


It's so much easier to just roll the car off the trailer and be ready to race.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #121
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5
 
SilverSlayer-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Muscat-Oman
Posts: 1,459
looks mean !
__________________
SilverSlayer-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #122
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...
 
PMJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 aka "BlackWidow"
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Good luck. Let us know how you make out.


It's so much easier to just roll the car off the trailer and be ready to race.
Well my trailer is a little high maintenance, but I agree it's much better. Especially knowing I have a way home when I break something.

I'll post a video later, but finally got my 10 (10.93@135). 1 year 4 months after driving her home from the dealer. Not bad.

1.6 60', was impressive for me. .2s faster than my best on drag radials. I like the slicks. And definitely room to improve. Never had a clean run. Still getting some boost spike with throttle response set to 1 of 100. I guess it's time to learn to power shift. Everything in my body says when clutch, let off throttle. I have to get over that.

It cooled down for houston, but still hot. My corrected ET is. 10.6. So I have high expectations to get my new 10.5 goal when it cools in oct/nov. But my next event is the Texas mile...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  69.6 KB
__________________
PMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #123
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ View Post
Well my trailer is a little high maintenance, but I agree it's much better. Especially knowing I have a way home when I break something.

I'll post a video later, but finally got my 10 (10.93@135). 1 year 4 months after driving her home from the dealer. Not bad.

1.6 60', was impressive for me. .2s faster than my best on drag radials. I like the slicks. And definitely room to improve. Never had a clean run. Still getting some boost spike with throttle response set to 1 of 100. I guess it's time to learn to power shift. Everything in my body says when clutch, let off throttle. I have to get over that.

It cooled down for houston, but still hot. My corrected ET is. 10.6. So I have high expectations to get my new 10.5 goal when it cools in oct/nov. But my next event is the Texas mile...

Attachment 556249
Congrats!! One goal at at time or you'll just confuse yourself.

That mph is good for low 10's so it's on you now. Practice and get a lot of seat time.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #124
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Are you shifting early? Or taking to long to shift. The 1/8 mph and time is awful!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #125
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...
 
PMJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 aka "BlackWidow"
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Congrats!! One goal at at time or you'll just confuse yourself.

That mph is good for low 10's so it's on you now. Practice and get a lot of seat time.
Yep, as soon as I hit my goal, always setting the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Are you shifting early? Or taking to long to shift. The 1/8 mph and time is awful!
I think I hit my rev limiter twice in that pass.

When I went to the 2.75" pulley I had to drop my rev limiter to avoid over spinning the whipple. I didn't have my shift light on.
__________________
PMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #126
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ View Post

When I went to the 2.75" pulley I had to drop my rev limiter to avoid over spinning the whipple. I didn't have my shift light on.
No worries. Seat time will fix that!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.