Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes Intake, exhaust, tunes, other bolt-ons.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #51
AlexM

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Ordered the package. Can I get an ETA please?
Thanks!
AlexM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #52
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
They are in stock and ready to ship so you should see it very soon. If you ordered last night it should ship today and you will get an email with the tracking info later this afternoon. Virginia is about 2 days in transit.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #53
AlexM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
They are in stock and ready to ship so you should see it very soon. If you ordered last night it should ship today and you will get an email with the tracking info later this afternoon. Virginia is about 2 days in transit.
Thank you Chase!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #54
MrGs SS

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Chase, do I need to put a code or something in for the special pricing? Or did I miss that boat?
Thanks

Performance Mods-CAI intake, APEX washer bottle relocate and scoop, Ported TB. SLP 160 degree stat, Norris Catch-can, Pfadt Tri-Y headers, BMR F/R sway bars and Arms, Corsa cat back exhaust.
Appearance Mods-Blackout kit (markers, tail lights), black tail light bezels, black chrome trunk lettering, LSR billet engine dress-up kit, sub box. Billet tensioner pulley and thermostat housing (Billetcustom), Heritage grille.

Tuned by Matt @ Florida Speed and Power
379/388 Mustang dyno
MrGs SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #55
Apex Motorsports

No sir. Our package deal is automatic. Just add the items to your shopping cart and the package pricing will automatically be applied.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #56
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
I'm going to order this....very shortly.

EDIT: Ooops. I will be ordering it for my LT, anyway.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #57
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Just ordered the scoop only. The ADM scoop was cheaper, but then it charged my 19$ shipping??? I live in louisiana, not hawaii, how much can it weigh.

I also may be crazy but the APEX scoop seems a little bigger (better).

First time ever buying from you guys.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #58
AlexM

I installed the scoop and the relocation washer bottle. Great improvement for the air flow!
I had to cut the plastic a little more than indicated in the instructions, see 2nd photo. 1st photo shows the cut I made in the horn support to get even better air flow.
I didn't cut the pump stem on the factory pump, it was fitting just fine.

Thanks for a great product at a good price!
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #59
Apex Motorsports

Looks great! Thank you for your order and the post.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #60
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
I am beyond upset every time I see this post. I had 2 sets of these, sold one at a steal to another C5 member as obviously I only needed one. Well I went to install the one I kept and it was gone. Turns out my wife accidentally threw it out with my late mother’s belongings . At some point I'll have to get around to ordering another set.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:50 AM   #61
Apex Motorsports

This may be the greatest product review ever written. If this doesn't convince you nothing will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Stealth View Post
Four months and six thousand miles later, my 2013 SS automatic convertible was ready for its first modification. Research on Camaro5 forum pointed me to the “air intake” from CAI as a simple but helpful upgrade. But, wait! There’s more to it than just the cool looking intake. While I am at it, I might as well put in the Apex air scoop. And, oh yeah, the air scoop requires that I relocate the windshield washer bottle.

As I read through comments from forum members, my confidence was bolstered that this was a good decision. I ordered the parts. Worst case scenario, installation would give me a very impressive looking device in my engine bay. As luck would have it, I was immediately sent on a weeklong business trip. Parts arrived and a friend hauled them inside my home while I was away. The following weekend, I opened all the boxes and carefully laid out all the parts. I opened the hood of my car and began to study the instructions. I looked again at my engine. I looked over the parts. I closed the hood of my car. No way. Not going to happen if I had to install it.

The next several nights were fitful. I would open my garage after coming home from work and carefully park next to a table full of beautiful car parts. I glanced at them, I checked the instructions and each time I reaffirmed my decision. I would then sheepishly go inside for a well-deserved glass of wine. Several days later, a co-worker asked me what was wrong as my attitude at work began to sour. I explained to her the problem and she giggled at my exasperation. Women can be cruel sometimes. She told me that her husband is really good at mechanical work on cars and she was sure he would volunteer to get it done.

Sure enough, he would do it, and we set up a date. Still another long week at work waiting for my new best friend to be available for the task. Finally, this past Friday night, he took my car and all the parts. Agony! We text a few times as he wanted decisions from me. Then, another text that he needed a tool from his dad and it would be the next day before I got my car back. More agony! At noon on Saturday his long awaited text announced that the project was finished and I could come over to pick her up.

At this point, I have convinced myself that the money was well spent even if only to have a really good looking air intake installed. At the very least, I would now be worthy enough to open the hood of my car at the next Saturday morning “Cars & Coffee” meet up.

My wife and I arrived at his home and there it was, my beautiful Camaro, resting comfortably after surgery. I inspected the engine bay and felt some of the engine parts to make sure that the operation went well. We chatted a bit, as he explained the scope of the project. He was actually quite happy to do the work. He wanted to install one in his car. Now he knows exactly how it all goes together. My car and I just became an essential part of his “learning curve.”

Time to drive! I carefully backed out of his garage. It seems the computer has already figured out that the car has new lungs. No roughness. No hesitation. My wife followed me as I drove through the subdivision at less than 25 miles per hour. Nothing was different. I knew it was in there. I’d seen it. I’d touched it. Nothing! Already, I was rationalizing once again my purchase decision and in my mind practiced defending it to my wife. Surely, we would be having that discussion later this evening.

After an eternity, I turned on to Charleston Avenue. Just one more block and we’ll be on the highway home. Radio is off, top is down, and I’m intently listening to the engine purr. Turning left on to the 215 entrance ramp, I checked the gauges and all were “up and green!” My radar detector was silent. It was time. I floored it.

My car literally leapt in to action. Suddenly, a loud growl came out of my engine. I’ve never heard that before. Pushing through the gears the growl came back with each shift, time and time again. OMG! This was a new car. Racing on to the highway, we were mercifully given very light traffic and no police. I kept up my incessant demand for more. The V8 gladly gave it to me. We were passing through 100 miles per hour and it felt effortless. No drag, no hesitation, just pure raw power.

Air now flowed impressively through the scoop and up in to the air-box. The filter cleansed it and sent it on its way along the tube and in to my engine. Air is what my engine demanded. I never knew. I felt as if I had been suffocating her for four months. Now, I was rewarded with power and speed I had never known. Slowing. Speeding up. It was always the same as the growl came back every time. Even in the higher gears, no matter the speed, if I demanded it, she would growl out her approval and pin my head back to the head rest.

Once off the highway, we came to the inevitable stop lights at intersections. Idle was again a calm 500 rpm. Light turns green and I discover that I need to relearn driving. Yoda came in to my head screaming “calm down young Jedi.” Acceleration from a stop light is quick. Since, I had no desire to run down pedestrians, I quickly learned how to control myself and my car.

The garage door opened and I pulled inside. Again the engine returned to a calm 500 rpm. As I turned off the ignition, she gave me one last delight, the sound of “whoosh” as air evacuated the air-box. My wife, behind me the whole trip in her own Camaro, heard and saw it all. No defense of my decision would be needed this night. She simply turned to me and said, “I need one of those too.”

Marcus
Old 06-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #62
cottrellj2
BlueRayCPO

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I installed my air scoop over the weekend.

When I pull out on the main road leaving my house there is a blind corner. It usually is not a problem, unless someone is speeding. Well, today, a truck came flying around the corner right as I pulled out and gave me the official "op-test" opportunity.

I did not expect the scoop to work so well with my K&N intake, not being a top 10 intake on the forums. Well, a good combination of cool morning air, a good step on the gas, and I felt the difference. I felt the front of the car lift more than I had ever felt and I even started to come sideways a bit. I shot up to about 45mph in first gear before I realized I was going to end up speeding before I even shifted. Somehow I found the willpower to ease of the gas and shift normally, I am sure the approaching red light had something to do with it.

Op-test SAT - Thanks APEX!

Last edited by cottrellj2; 07-15-2013 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Typos
cottrellj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #63
Apex Motorsports

Thanks for your order and for posting your feedback. Glad to hear that you were impressed and are enjoying your scoop.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #64
sub zero

Drives: RED@2SS
how much time it's take to cut and install the scoop and washer tank ?

Last edited by sub zero; 07-02-2013 at 05:09 AM.
sub zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #65
Apex Motorsports

It is about a 30-60 minute job. Very easy.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #66
Matze
German Representative

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Placed my order last night

Apex intake scoop, CAI intake, Vmax ported throttle body, Kooks LT headers, stock exhaust with NPP mufflers, BMR trailing arms, toe rods, cradle bushing inserts, Hex Vents, Factory Reproduction 41 20x9 and 20x10
Matze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #67
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Apex Scoop and relocation tomorrow

I ordered the Apex racing scoop and Washer Relocation bottle on Saturday , August 3rd, I received it Tuesday, August 6th, so +1 for the very fast shipping.
I will post after the install as to the ease of install and performance changes.
Spartan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #68
Spartan01

APEX Scoop and Washer Fluid Relocation kit

This kit is Top Notch.
The Washer Fluid relocation kit allows for multiple location positions, for a truly custom install.

Mounting the kit took approximately 2 hours as I kept getting interupted.
Thanks to the pics and expert intruction posted on this forum, the install went fairly smoothly.

Notes:
When installing the scoop, you have to fiddle with the Horn Mount bolt. This is a huge pain in the a$$. If you remove the front bumper, this becomes easier.

I did not have to trim the pump nub, it fit right in.

on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being a simple DIY like oil change, and 10 reguiring a PhD from MIT, this install is about a 3; you will need some tools, i.e. a power drill, a dremel or cutoff wheel (not necessary, but much faster than using an exacto knife,) as well as wrenches and ratchets.

OVERALL:
OUTSTANDING! parts, fit and function is A+
on the drive home my Camaro seemed to have a more aggressive and "throaty," growl.

Last edited by Spartan01; 08-15-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Spartan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #69
Matze
German Representative

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
This kit is Top Notch.
The Washer Fluid relocation kit allows for multiple location positions, for a truley custom install.

Mounting the kit took approximately 2 hours as I kept getting interupted.
Thanks to the pics and expert intruction posted on this forum, the install went fairly smoothly.

Notes:
When installing the scoop, you have to fiddle with the Horn Mount bolt. This is a huge pain in the a$$. If you remove the front bumper, this becomes easier.

I did not have to trim the pump nub, it fit right in.

on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a simple DIY like oil change, and 10 reguiring a PhD from MIT, this install is about a 3; you will need some tools, i.e. a power drill, a dremel or cutoff wheel (not necessary, but much faster than using an exacto knife,) as well as wrenches and ratchets.

OVERALL:
OUTSTANDING! parts, fit and function is A+
on the drive home my Camaro seemed to have a more aggressive and "throaty," growl.
I have just done mine an hour ago, 100% agree with you

Apex intake scoop, CAI intake, Vmax ported throttle body, Kooks LT headers, stock exhaust with NPP mufflers, BMR trailing arms, toe rods, cradle bushing inserts, Hex Vents, Factory Reproduction 41 20x9 and 20x10
Matze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #70
Apex Motorsports

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #71
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Chase,

Can I install the ZL1 brake air ducts and your scoop/relocation package into my 2LT?

I'm upgrading to the Brembo brakes.

intensifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #72
Apex Motorsports

No, it sits in the same location. Are you planning on tracking your car?
Old 08-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #73
Spartan01

Update:

After my initial install, I was not happy with the Washer Fluid Reservoir's Fill Cap.

Basically, after installing the Washer Tank Relocation Kit and Scoop, the easiest place to install the fill cap is inside the CAI airbox. I was not happy with this for 2 reasons:
1.) To add fluid you must remove the airbox cover.
2.) If you spill any fluid it tends to splash on the air filter.

I decided to relocate the kit to the outside of the airbox.
This was an EXTREMELY simple fix.
All I had to do was remove the CAI airbox, un-bolt the fill cap, re-bolt it in the exact same position on the outside of the airbox, and finally add another hole for the Fluid Fill Line to enter the CAI airbox.

This last step required marking a spot approxiamtely 3-4 inches below the Fill Cap nozzle, and drilling a hole through the CAI airbox. Next, go inside the airbox, where the new hole has been drilled and trim away a portion of the insulating foam. Lastly, expand the hole by using the drill bit as a router, or use a dremel to expand the hole to accomodate the Fluid Fill Line. Reinstall the CAI airbox, run the Fluid Fill Line through the new hole and reattach to the Fluid Fill Cap.
You may also want to cover the raw wdge of the new hole with duct tape, a strip of edge guard, or similar product in order to prevent the raw metal edge from eventually digging into the Fluid Fill Line.

Overall, I think that this method provide a cleaner install look, as well as adding the conveneience of not having to pop off the airbox lid every time I am adding fluid.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #74
Apex Motorsports

That is a great solution and why we include more than enough hose. So the end use can install it any number of ways. Thanks for your order and for posting your install info.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #75
Macina

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT AGM
Anyone tried it on a 2014 ss yet?
Mods: OBX 1.7/8" LT headers, No cats, SW retro chambered cat back, CAI inc cai, JRE Scoop, roto-fab wb relo kit, RX catch can, Vmax ported TB, 1LE steering wheel, 1LE shift knob/boot, SCT tuner, Anthracite plasti dipped wheels, Apex/Pfadt 1.25" lowering springs.
Macina is offline   Reply With Quote