Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #15
Drew P
 
Drew P's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 233
Ted is right about the addition of a 2.55 upper - the IAT2s skyrocket and the amount of timing you need to pull makes the gains negligible unless you are driving on race gas. I have attempted multiple pulley combinations and found this to be true. I am working with D3PE to try to construct a revised intercooler - but as of yet it has not happened. If anyone knows of a company building intercoolers (not HX) for a ZL1 let me know.
__________________
2012 A6 Coupe 630RWHP 10.93@125
Mods: ID850 Injectors; D3PE HX, Reservoir & Atmospheric Catch-Can; LPE 2.55 Upper & 9.1 Lower Pulleys w/ ATI Damper; LPE Idler Pulley Relocation Bracket; "Green" Serp. Belt; Cat delete;ADM Exhaust Override; Magnaflow X-Pipe Muffler (in addition to stock mufflers); Cold Air Inductions CAI; 160 thermostat; LS9 Isolator; Port/polish snout and intake runners; LPE GT9 camshaft with dual springs and titanium retainers; Kenne Bell BAP, Install and Engine Tune by Serious Hp; Fab work by D3 Performance Engineering; Trans Tune by Keith; Coming Soon: Flex Fuel Conversion.
Drew P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #16
hairtrigger
 
Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West
Posts: 701
The stock fuel pump up to this?
__________________
hairtrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #17
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 11,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairtrigger View Post
The stock fuel pump up to this?
Yes fuel pressure holds solid.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #18
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 11,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
Ted is right about the addition of a 2.55 upper - the IAT2s skyrocket and the amount of timing you need to pull makes the gains negligible unless you are driving on race gas. I have attempted multiple pulley combinations and found this to be true. I am working with D3PE to try to construct a revised intercooler - but as of yet it has not happened. If anyone knows of a company building intercoolers (not HX) for a ZL1 let me know.
We have done a lot with PD blowers and found that the Heat exchanger and tank do nothing to improve IAT, because the Intercooler inside the blower is just simply taxed at higher air flow.

So your on the right track, you need a larger intercooler Inside the Blower.

We even run Ice water through them and still get the same rise in temp 90 Degrees in a 10 second run, whether we start at 100 or 32 degrees

With Ice water, the only advantage is starting and finishing lower.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #19
hognutz


 
hognutz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: tangent or
Posts: 2,979
I need this upgrade so bad. If only I was not poor.
__________________
2017 zl1 or GT350 hmmmm
2015 Hellcat-sold
2013 ZL1 -sold
2013 Dart
2013 Megacab 8" lift 38"mt's
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #20
swizlstik

 
swizlstik's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 1,922
Want!!

Very nice!!!
__________________
swizlstik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #21
crg
 
Drives: '68 Camaro SS, '74 Corvette
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 30
Ted, I know HP numbers will vary with different mods, but what would be the HP limit of a 90mm throttle body before one would need to go to a 102mm?
crg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #22
Skylane765

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28, Challenger Hellcat.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
We have done a lot with PD blowers and found that the Heat exchanger and tank do nothing to improve IAT, because the Intercooler inside the blower is just simply taxed at higher air flow.

So your on the right track, you need a larger intercooler Inside the Blower.

We even run Ice water through them and still get the same rise in temp 90 Degrees in a 10 second run, whether we start at 100 or 32 degrees

With Ice water, the only advantage is starting and finishing lower.

Ted.
I agree with you Ted, that's why I see no real advantage to run a bigger tank unless we can cool it. I have always said just putting on a bigger tank will not do much.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #23
ZO6 Bryan

 
ZO6 Bryan's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
My money is on less than 16 degrees.
16 deg with a 9.55 pulley and 93 octane is what I was able to run. With half and half 104 octane and 93 octane I ran 20.5 deg advance and picked up another 5 mph in the 1/4.

Ted, I was just curious average above 4000 rpm how much timing it could tolerate. I know it varies with RPM but where do you max out?
__________________
Bryan 695 SAE RWHP 2012 ZL1 9.55 pulley custom cam and Kooks headers, 2002 Z06 447 RWHP, 2006 Trailblazer SS, 1995 S/C Vortech Trans Am 570 RWHP(for sale)
ZO6 Bryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #24
blk13
 
Drives: 2013 zl1
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 299
Was this with or with out cats? whats the horsepower difference if I was to run the cats with these headers.
blk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #25
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 11,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by crg View Post
Ted, I know HP numbers will vary with different mods, but what would be the HP limit of a 90mm throttle body before one would need to go to a 102mm?
It is Unlikely you will max out a 90mm TB with this 1900 blower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
I agree with you Ted, that's why I see no real advantage to run a bigger tank unless we can cool it. I have always said just putting on a bigger tank will not do much.
In my experience a tank under the hood just collects Heat, that is why GM opted out of a tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6 Bryan View Post
16 deg with a 9.55 pulley and 93 octane is what I was able to run. With half and half 104 octane and 93 octane I ran 20.5 deg advance and picked up another 5 mph in the 1/4.

Boost Loves Octane.

Ted, I was just curious average above 4000 rpm how much timing it could tolerate. I know it varies with RPM but where do you max out?
I hate to quote timing numbers because people will take it as gospel and every combination is unique, and I don't want anyone hurting they're engines on what I said.

I suggest you continue to test what works best for your combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk13 View Post
Was this with or with out cats? whats the horsepower difference if I was to run the cats with these headers.
This was With Cats, I don't expect any Power difference without them.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #26
Performance Enthusiast
 
Drives: Domestic
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 25
Are the ID-850 injectors required for the 18% over drive crank pulley?
It is my understanding that the stock injectors will work with a 9.17" pulley.
Performance Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #27
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 11,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Performance Enthusiast View Post
Are the ID-850 injectors required for the 18% over drive crank pulley?
It is my understanding that the stock injectors will work with a 9.17" pulley.
Yes they are.

The Stock injectors will have enough fuel if you shut off Cat over temp fueling but are on the ragged edge at that.

If you try and run with Cat over temp fueling on Forget it.

You can toast a set of Cats Pretty easy without the larger injectors.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:49 AM   #28
Skylane765

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28, Challenger Hellcat.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
It is Unlikely you will max out a 90mm TB with this 1900 blower.



In my experience a tank under the hood just collects Heat, that is why GM opted out of a tank.



I hate to quote timing numbers because people will take it as gospel and every combination is unique, and I don't want anyone hurting they're engines on what I said.

I suggest you continue to test what works best for your combination.



This was With Cats, I don't expect any Power difference without them.

Ted.
Yes, Ted did all the work, if you need all the tuning numbers then that should be up to the owner to test and see what they get.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.