Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 08-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
Post seeking advice for Dyno tuning

I am recieving my 2014 zl1 convertible around oct. 1. I have already decided to drop in a set of plustar plugs after the breakin period is over. I have never owned a Supercharged car before, and I am interested in knowing if, dyno tuning the motor will be advantageous without doing any other Modifications?.

If it is advantageous without any other Modifications done, could you please tell me what the advantageous would be and why?.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvici View Post
I am recieving my 2014 zl1 convertible around oct. 1. I have already decided to drop in a set of plustar plugs after the breakin period is over. I have never owned a Supercharged car before, and I am interested in knowing if, dyno tuning the motor will be advantageous without doing any other Modifications?.

If it is advantageous without any other Modifications done, could you please tell me what the advantageous would be and why?.
Congrats, As a tuner I can tell you that you should Leave the plugs alone, and put at least 1500 miles on before you tune.

Make sure you have all the bugs worked out before you start modding.

A tune can and will unleash some hidden power through reduction in torque management, we can make the car run a bit cooler, and improve your overall driving experience.

It will not be until you start turning the supercharger faster that you will see any significant gains.

May I suggest My 75 RWHP Tune Package as a first Step in your Quest for more performance.

This will put you at the same power level as the GT500.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 08-21-2013 at 07:22 AM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
thank you for your feedback, I will look at your website.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
babigguy

Drives: 2009 trailblazer ss and 2013 ZL1
You will love the 75 hp kit!!!! I do !!

Jannetty Racing 75hp no tune kit, xpel, showstoppers lights-sidemarkers-flaps, nitto 555r's, torco race fuel
babigguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
... What Jannetty said, I popped all Pulstars in my Chrysler 300 to try them and experienced 0 difference and I have thousands of miles on them now. They work, but I didn't experience any HP gains and there was no change in mpg either. A waste of money in my opinion.
Cammed 226/236/115/6.13 Cam Motion from Spartan Performance, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, ZL1 spoiler, Hex Vents, Strut Tower Brace, 1 7/8 LT from Stainless, HF Cats, Skip shift eliminator, A-Pillar Gauges, CAI, Cherry Bomb Extremes custom axleback, GFX kit, front and rear blackouts, Lowering Springs, Custom LS3 badges, Custom C5 handle badge, BlackVue DR500-GW Full 1080P Dash Cam, Technostalgia Rapid Fire Sequential Tail Lights, New Stripes, Kenwood 500W mono Amp on 12" Subwoofer, Metra Kit, Pioneer AVH 4600BT, LED scanner bar, and...
SeaCompiler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvici View Post

The first thing that comes to my mind is your convertible will come with a 155 mph limiter on it. The tuner will make that go away. I agree that at a minimum if you tune the car you should have a pulley upgrade because there is a lot more power available for very little cost there. I would look for someone semi close to home (my tuner is 100 miles away) and talk to people on the board before you jump in. You will find out pretty quickly which shops back-up their work. Good Luck and welcome to ZL1 ownership!
ADM - 434 ERL superdeck block. Trickflow 6 bolt heads, ADM cam, valves, springs. Heartbeat 2300 blower. RPM custom manual trans, RPS triple carbon clutch, 3.23 rear diff. LPE pulley upgrades, IDE1200's. ADM 2000hp fuel system, ADM trunk mount intercooler reservoir, Ron Davis heat ex, and radiator, LPE oil cooler, rear subframe bushing upgrade, roll bar, Hurst line lock kit, braided brake and clutch lines, Motul 660 and Porterfield R4 pads, racingbrake rotors. New dyno numbers pending after turbo install.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
AMMUSCLE

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VERT M6
Once you break it in, then you will have a better idea as to what you want.

Jannetty Racing has really nice packages that you can expand on as you go.
You do not have to put it on a dyno with every add on, just call them and they can send over the tune for your mods through an email. Makes it easy and save some serious $$$$
AMMUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, dyno tune, lsa, zl1