Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:24 AM   #1
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Proven Wicked

Anyone running their end links? I just found these guys, their stuff seems like its awesome.

http://provenwicked.com/product_deta...&CID=Mg==&VID=

http://provenwicked.com/product_deta...&CID=OA==&VID=
Old 09-12-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/M6
They were a sponsor here for a little while. Never saw a complaint. They are on my "to do" list.

NY5thgen.com
POWERFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #3
Denis

yea, in my search i havent seen any complaints. but that doesnt always mean that their arent any.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
Mikk2K

Drives: '10 Camaro LTRS, '12 Pro4x Frontier
I have their endlinks, fantastic stuff. The shop that installed my sway bars said they were the best they had ever seen.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
Denis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikk2K View Post
I have their endlinks, fantastic stuff. The shop that installed my sway bars said they were the best they had ever seen.
good to know! thanks!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
I am running their end links. They are top quality parts. They are WAY better than the parts I replaced them with.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47925
FrankT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #7
Denis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
I am running their end links. They are top quality parts. They are WAY better than the parts I replaced them with.
Awesome. Thanks
Old 09-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #8
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Looks like some killer stuff!!! And they're located close to me too. I wish I could afford that rear sway bar they sell, that thing truly looks "wicked". And looks like they're coming out with a really nice bolt-in Roll Bar too.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #9
Denis

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Looks like some killer stuff!!! And they're located close to me too. I wish I could afford that rear sway bar they sell, that thing truly looks "wicked". And looks like they're coming out with a really nice bolt-in Roll Bar too.
Yea that sway bar looks like its no joke.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #10
JDP Tyler

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Their stuff seems pretty nice from what I have seen. We offer them on our site. Just keep in mind that the rear endlinks you posted will not work on your 2012.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Old 09-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
Denis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
Their stuff seems pretty nice from what I have seen. We offer them on our site. Just keep in mind that the rear endlinks you posted will not work on your 2012.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Good thing I got a 2010 haha.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #12
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Dennis

ddunerider had then awhile. They then made alot of noice and other stuff after awhile. He just got the new Hotchkis design and no problems.There ends are like stock to a degree so no noise
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes /Magnaflow resonated X Pipe/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #13
JDP Tyler

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Good thing I got a 2010 haha.
I was looking at your join date..

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Old 09-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #14
Denis

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Dennis

ddunerider had then awhile. They then made alot of noice and other stuff after awhile. He just got the new Hotchkis design and no problems.There ends are like stock to a degree so no noise
Got ya. You mean like clunking?

I actually sent him a PM earlier today because I saw that he sold his. Just waiting on a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
I was looking at your join date..

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Haha
Old 09-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #15
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Got ya. You mean like clunking?

I actually sent him a PM earlier today because I saw that he sold his. Just waiting on a response.

Haha
Not sure on the noise, probably clunking. I have that sound to when I hit patched asphalt on my street but think its the drop springs as the sound can come from the back also and stock links back there. And the sound was 3 months after the springs were put in which was way after the sways and links.
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes /Magnaflow resonated X Pipe/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
Old 09-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #16
gotroost

Drives: IOM 2SS RS
I'll know soon enough. Bought the set off of ddunerider. Just waiting on some replacement nylock nuts from Proven Wicked. I've ordered from them before and they have great customer service. They are now offering rubber boots for street use and those are on the way too. Hope I don't have any "clunking" issues with Pfadt sway bars and drop springs.

Mods: JRE 470 cam kit, Dynatech long tubes/hi-flo cats, SLP underdrive pulley, CAI intake/ADM scoop, Pfadt Stage 2 suspension, Hotchkiss strut tower brace, Proven Wicked tow hook and end links, DBA rotors, some bloody knuckles, still in progress...
gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #17
Denis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroost View Post
I'll know soon enough. Bought the set off of ddunerider. Just waiting on some replacement nylock nuts from Proven Wicked. I've ordered from them before and they have great customer service. They are now offering rubber boots for street use and those are on the way too. Hope I don't have any "clunking" issues with Pfadt sway bars and drop springs.
okay cool, keep us updated if you can. very curious about these.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:01 PM   #18
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Yes keep us up to date. As mine could be that maybe the rubber boots may help
Old 09-14-2013, 02:19 AM   #19
gotroost

Will do! Dont really know how they would cause any noise unless they were improperly installed or bound up with grit. I suspect it is more of an issue with drop springs that weren't allowed to settle correctly. I will be installing next weekend and tracking 2 weeks after that.

My drop springs made some clunking sounds until I got them aligned properly in the seats and they settled in. No noise now and the end links only connect the sways to the frame. No rocket science if the are adjusted to the correct length and don't bind.

Mods: JRE 470 cam kit, Dynatech long tubes/hi-flo cats, SLP underdrive pulley, CAI intake/ADM scoop, Pfadt Stage 2 suspension, Hotchkiss strut tower brace, Proven Wicked tow hook and end links, DBA rotors, some bloody knuckles, still in progress...
Old 09-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #20
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Will do! Dont really know how they would cause any noise unless they were improperly installed or bound up with grit. I suspect it is more of an issue with drop springs that weren't allowed to settle correctly. I will be installing next weekend and tracking 2 weeks after that.

My drop springs made some clunking sounds until I got them aligned properly in the seats and they settled in. No noise now and the end links only connect the sways to the frame. No rocket science if the are adjusted to the correct length and don't bind.
Yeah, my springs are set perfectly, bars are tight, maybe the links said not to have a problem as new design..lol
I dont mind much as to the noise on patched up pavement. If I do I'll watch to see how the new Hotchkis ones pan out, if its the links. But as they say all the stiffer parts will make some noise I guess
Old 09-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #21
gotroost

Quote:

My Proven Wicked end links have been on for about 200 miles now. No issues. Biggest hassle was installing the boots. Had to resort to needle nose pliers, but i didn't rip them. BTW - the didn't recommend any grease under the boots.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #22
CoyoteRiverRacing

Drives: 2010 Pace Car
I bought one of the first sets of links for my 2010. They feel like jelewry in your hands.

The last time I talked to shane he was in CA building a trophy truck for Robby Woods Racing.

I will have to check out the boots, must have.

Roost, any pics?
CoyoteRiverRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #23
gotroost

Sorry, no pics of the boots until I get my car back off the ground. They fit tight and used a small zip tie to seal up the end by the main shaft. The end on the threaded shaft was plenty tight. Contact Shane. Got mine relatively cheap, but they aren't on his site yet.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #24
CoyoteRiverRacing

Drives: 2010 Pace Car
Yea, I just got a text from him. He confirmed it and gave me the price.

I googled them and found the pics.

Thanks for quick reply.

Robby is based out of ND, I was thinking of something else, senior moment (Is it really a senoir moment if it becomes routine?) Someone take my keys, I've had way to much work to drive.
CoyoteRiverRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #25
gotroost

I'm totally satisfied with the Proven Wicked end links. They have been through two track days (four 20 minute sessions each day) and have driven back and forth to work all week while in street config. No issues or clunking! I just wish they were more visible since they look like pieces of art.