Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Billet Coil Mounts and billet coil covers,new from CFD

Hi all, These are billet coil mounts I designed for my car. They are much cleaner looking than the stock stamped steel units. Makes for an easy swap and cleans up the top of the valve covers, allowing for more air flow and makes the valve covers visable allowing them to be painted, powdercoated etc..

They work with all the stock wiring

These will be offered as a kit with all necessary hardware for a simple, quick installation.

The photos below, are of the prototypes in my car, it is clear how much cleaner they are, combine this with the heater hose re-location and the engine area starts to clean up nicely.
Attached Images

Last edited by CFD; 02-12-2014 at 02:47 PM.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
CFD

Here is a quick phone shot with the valve covers side by side. Hopefully by days end I will have a picture of mine with valve covers powdercoated later today.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
CFD

Here are a few shots of the coil mounts finished, valve covers in black and installed.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Those look good. Now we need a billet plenum cover to match.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #5
CFD

Finally had a chance ti finish up a few sets of coil mounts. These will come unfinished for those wanting to paint. Other finish options may be available on request. Feature billet aluminum with stainless steel hardware. Simply unbolt the existing coil mounts and swap the coils with these brackets, they really clean up this area of the motor without purchasing new valve covers.

If anyone wants to try these I will be offering a few sets at a special introductory price. PM for details.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #6
CFD

Hi Kevin, whereas I have not written any instructions this will do for now, not that you will need them but will be usefull for others as well.

Revove stock coils and mounts.
Install coils on new brackets with provided button head allens and one spacer between coil and mount.
Revove the stock clip that holds the electrical connector and install on the new brackets
Install mounts on valve covers with provided socket head cap screws

You can now move the wiring to under the mount as in pics.
On the passenger side you can also move the harness that runs along the top of the coils towhere the heat shield is. You will see in the pics a group of ground wires bolted to the head. Remove this and you can lift the harness over the dipstick tube then reinstall.

Any questions feel free to call or ask.

One other thing I found, not all the coil wires are the same length, if any fit tight swap with one a little longer.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Finally installed my new victory-red billet mounts on the driver side. They went on easily and look great (much cleaner than the OEM bracket). I'm holding off on the passenger side while I try to decide whether or not to pull the valve covers and paint them black.

I can't really say I'm surprised at the quality and fitment. All of George's products are outstanding.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #8
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcd View Post
Finally installed my new victory-red billet mounts on the driver side. They went on easily and look great (much cleaner than the OEM bracket). I'm holding off on the passenger side while I try to decide whether or not to pull the valve covers and paint them black.

I can't really say I'm surprised at the quality and fitment. All of George's products are outstanding.

Hi Kevin, Thanks for the kind words. Be sure to post up some pics when you finish it up.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #9
lsuguy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Are you offering these for sale, if so PM me with a price!
lsuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #10
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsuguy View Post
Are you offering these for sale, if so PM me with a price!
Yes, these are one of the products that I offer for sale.

PM sent
Old 05-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #11
CFD

Hi all. I had a chance to machine a few more sets of coil mounts. They are ready to finish in your choice of color/finish options. Shipping is about two days from time of order.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #12
CFD

I've got a few more sets of coil mounts ready to ship.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:19 AM   #13
CFD

Hi all. I've been making some of my other parts out of real carbon fiber plate. I am currently working on a set of coil mounts in Carbon Fiber. These are not wrapped or dipped but solid carbon fiber plate. I will post pics when they are done, most likely sometime mid week.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:22 AM   #14
CFD

Hi all.

I've been working on a set of two piece coil mounts. These are the same as the 1 piece design without the center section to hold the stock harness in place. You can clean up the wiring with no cutting or wiring changes other than re-routing. I am also working on a bracket/cover to hide and further secure the wiring. I will be machining a few sets this week. Here are a few shots of the drivers side installed.
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #15
CFD

Had a chance to install the passenger side coil mounts. Definitely much cleaner than the stock steel brackets. These brackets are much more open allowing for more rapid heat dissipation. I have a stock order coming in in a day or two and will start machining them then. Next I will work on the clamps/brackets for securing the wiring harnesses for those interested in cleaning up the stock wiring with no real modifications. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM for special introductory pricing. These brackets are 6061 billet aluminum and will include the coil mounts and all needed stainless steel hardware.
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #16
CFD

Had a chance to get caught up on some machine work including coil mounts as well as strut covers and shifters.

Here is a picture of my set with the extra tabs on the covers removed and powder coated. Much cleaner than the stock set up, will utilize stock plug wires.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #17
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: Black on black 2009 C6
That's awesome...how much is this new kit?

2014 GMC CC Z71, 2009 C6 vette
2010 Camaro 2ss/rs---SOLD 4/15/14
-654whp with a few cosmetic things, Pfadt suspension, Vortech, CircleD, GPI ss3 vvt bump stick, gears, stuff in between,18" TSW N'rings for drag duty, 20" Forgestar F14s for street.

Thanks to:
Tony@ dv8motoring
rhino@ Gwatney Chevrolet/GPI Jacksonville AR
TCAudio in Benton AR
grocerygetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #18
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
That's awesome...how much is this new kit?
I will update this with more info sometime today.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #19
CFD

Hi all.

Getting ready to machine more coil mounts. The kit comes with all needed stainless steel hardware and will use the stock wires. The price is $79.95 shipped. Powdercoating or polishing is optional.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #20
264HSV

Drives: 2009 HSV WM Grange
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Hi all.

Getting ready to machine more coil mounts. The kit comes with all needed stainless steel hardware and will use the stock wires. The price is $79.95 shipped. Powdercoating or polishing is optional.
How much to ship to Australia mate? Slow boat is fine.
264HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #21
CFD

Hi all.

I've been working on billet coil covers to go with the coil mounts. They are a little ways out but I'm making good progress with them. I may also do them to fit the stock coil mounts.There are a couple of pictures on the last pg, last posts of my build thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=170726&page=7
Old 02-12-2014, 02:44 PM   #22
CFD

Hi everyone.

Had a chance to finish a set of coil covers to go with the coil mounts. They are, as with the coil mounts, made from 6061 billet aluminum. They can be brushed, polished, powdercoated, hydrodipped or painted as with any aluminum products.

The coil mounts themselves really clean up the look of the coils and can utilize the stock wires and wiring. You can also remove the excess tabs on the valve covers for a really clean look. Add the covers for a true show quality look.

Here are a few pictures, the valve covers are a set of stock covers with the tabs removed and powdercoated textured black, the installed pictures are with the stock wiring harness.

Because the covers are made of 6061 and there are 8 of them they are a little pricey but the mounts can be purchased separately and the covers added at a later date.

I am also working on a set of covers that will work with the stock coil mounts. I hope to have some done as soon as I get caught up with machining some of my other products, I will post pictures when finished.
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2014, 07:54 AM   #23
CFD

Finally had a chance to machine a set of coil covers for use with the stock coil mounts. They are 6061 billet aluminum and can be brushed, polished, powdercoated or painted. They will come with stainless hardware and are a simple install. Here is a quick picture of them fresh off the mill.
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2014, 04:30 PM   #24
CFD

Hi Steve.

I had a chance to machine and powdercoat the coil covers. Here is a quick picture of them, they are actually a bit darker than they look in the photo. They are very close to Victory Red.
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #25
Pharmaro

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
I received my billet coil pack mounts and covers (powdercoated red) last week and put these bad boys on in a couple of hours.

Name:  Goods.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  379.3 KB

This is what I started with:

Name:  Beginning.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  393.6 KB

Name:  Beginning 2.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  297.3 KB

Per George's recommendations, I removed the coil packs from the car and assembled them with the new covers on the mounts on the bench. These pictures show the fit and finish of them.

Name:  Fit 1.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  251.5 KB

Name:  Fit 2.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  239.5 KB

Name:  Fit 3.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  199.1 KB

Name:  Fit 4.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  203.6 KB

Name:  Fit 5.JPG
Size:  316.1 KB

The finished product installed:

Name:  Finish Driver.JPG
Size:  345.0 KB

Name:  Finish Driver 2.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  390.5 KB

Name:  Finish Passenger.JPG
Size:  389.6 KB

Name:  Finish 1.JPG
Size:  399.8 KB

Name:  Finish 2.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  405.4 KB

The only issues I ran into were on the passenger's side. I currently have the OEM fuel line setup and was unable to install the covers without first loosening the bolt holding the line down. I then had to retighten the bolt about halfway back down so that the line fit snugly over the cover. The other issue was with the spark plug boot on the coil pack near the front having some impedance with the dip stick. This was fixed by bending the bracket holding the dip stick enough to give it clearance.

Overall, incredibly impressed with the quality of the kit, even down to the stainless hardware that was supplied. Can't beat the price and customer service either.
Pharmaro is offline   Reply With Quote