Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #26
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
^hahahaha I like that
VMAX TB, Borla Catback Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Racing scoop,ZL1 grille, Nightowl JDP upgrade halo kit, interior lights, abl dash light pipes, VIS ams hood,Pfadt ZL-Spec sway bars, TSW Nurburgring F:20x9 R:20x10, Nitto Invo F:275/45 R:315/35, Spohn trailing arms, Toe rods, pfadt rear subframe bushing, ridetech level 2 coilovers, 3.91 GM differential, BMR diff bushings....more to follow
954camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #27
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Thanks lol, I do my best

Nick C.

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 09-04-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #28
Klepton

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, LS3, SW w/ IOM package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
No,

Unfortunately, bulbs with integrated resistors do not exist. The heat generated by the resistor would cause the LED bulb to fail.

Nick C.
Hi, if this is the case then please explain the following statement included in the description of your Fog Light LED Bulbs:

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12v operation, the kind found on all modern vehicles.

What's the difference in the embedded/integrated resistor found in your Fog Light LED Bulbs?

I am also interested in the Switchbacks for the RS. However, I'd prefer a truly plug-n-play solution that does not require additional splicing for a resistor.
Klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #29
Diode Dynamics

Sorry, I can see how that's confusing- LEDs do not run at 12 volts... usually they are designed for operation on 2.5-3.5 volts. You need to use a resistor to regulate the voltage going to the LED itself, so they will work as a 12v bulb.

That resistor, however, is very small. It is not the same type needed to provide extra load to mimic the factory bulb... a resistor of that size would be much too large to fit in the bulb itself, which is why it cannot be integrated into the bulb. But you NEED the small resistor so that the LED chips will run on 12 volts.

Ours are designed for operation up to 18 volts, to prevent any failure with voltage surge which can happen in cheaper bulbs, which are often designed for use up to 14 volts.

Thanks,
Nick C
Old 09-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #30
Klepton

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, LS3, SW w/ IOM package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Sorry, I can see how that's confusing- LEDs do not run at 12 volts... usually they are designed for operation on 2.5-3.5 volts. You need to use a resistor to regulate the voltage going to the LED itself, so they will work as a 12v bulb.

That resistor, however, is very small. It is not the same type needed to provide extra load to mimic the factory bulb... a resistor of that size would be much too large to fit in the bulb itself, which is why it cannot be integrated into the bulb. But you NEED the small resistor so that the LED chips will run on 12 volts.

Ours are designed for operation up to 18 volts, to prevent any failure with voltage surge which can happen in cheaper bulbs, which are often designed for use up to 14 volts.

Thanks,
Nick C
Ok, thanks for the clarification.
Klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #31
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Have the plug n play switch backs yet
Old 09-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #32
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Have the plug n play switch backs yet
???????????
Old 09-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #33
Diode Dynamics

Good News!

One of your fellow Camaro5 members has agreed to stop by and let us install switchbacks in his ZL1

I will have updates soon about switchbacks for RS and ZL1 models!

Thanks for your patience everyone!
Nick C.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #34
Casper954

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
these are awesome! need a set for my birthday

Appearance: Blacked out tail lights, Oracle Plasma fogs, SLP Carbon Fiber splitter, Carbon Fiber Hash Marks, Carbon Fiber ZL1 hood, 20" Giovanna Kilis rims, Eibach lowering springs

Performance: Straight-piped magnaflow exhaust, K&N intake
Casper954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #35
Diode Dynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper954 View Post
these are awesome! need a set for my birthday
Shoot me a PM and I'll help you out

Nick C.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #36
2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 RJT/RS
Don't mean to hijack the thread. But just wanted to say that I have the stage 2 license plate bulbs and stage 2 side marker leds from Diode Dynamics and they are top quality and do the job very well. The license plate bulbs are brighter,cleaner looking and not flimsy like the AAC ones I replaced them with. Will try the switchback version when released.
2011 RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #37
Diode Dynamics

Thanks for the kind words!

We should have some updates on this thread shortly. We have developed a switchback for the ZL1 and RS were successful and I'm very pleased with the results.

Nick C.

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 10-07-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #38
Swacer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Question. For tail light LEDs.

I want them to be red all the time. I'm not as interested in the switch color as much as the distinct off and on of the led.

Now you say on your site for $49, you get 2 bulbs. So you're telling me I have to order 2 sets since we have 4 tail light bulbs?

Also, if I keep stock front turn signals, do I still need the resistors in order to prevent hyper blink? Do you offer the resistor as a harness or is this something I'd have to wire in?

What I want to do is have the distinct blink of the LEDs since I have the sequential turn signal harness and the incandescent lights don't complete the image.

Thanks!
~Imperial Blue Metallic~LS3~M6~GM High Spoiler~GM Ground Effect~GM Tower Brace~Heritage Grill~Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake~Stainless Works Exhaust~Stainless Power Headers~VMAX Ported Throttle Body~Tuned By Frost~GEN5DYI Spare Clutch Reservior~Barton Short Throw~ShowStopper Side Markers~UMI Performance Trailing Arms~UMI Performance Tunnel Brace
Swacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #39
Swacer

Could I get an answer?
~Imperial Blue Metallic~LS3~M6~GM High Spoiler~GM Ground Effect~GM Tower Brace~Heritage Grill~Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake~Stainless Works Exhaust~Stainless Power Headers~VMAX Ported Throttle Body~Tuned By Frost~GEN5DYI Spare Clutch Reservior~Barton Short Throw~ShowStopper Side Markers~UMI Performance Trailing Arms~UMI Performance Tunnel Brace
Old 10-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #40
Diode Dynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Could I get an answer?
Yes,

Sorry I am not in the office on the weekends and I couldn't get on the forums this weekend.

We do have LEDs for the rear tail lights and turn signals.

The switchbacks are intended for the front turn signals only, hence the reason why they are white and flash amber.

Our red LEDs are a plug and play replacement for the tail lights and can be found here: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/l...gnal-leds.html

Stage 1 is $37.49 a pair, you will need to install load resistors on turn signal locations to prevent hyperblinking ($10)

If you need more information or I didn't answer part of your question, please shoot me a PM or email me: contact@diodedynamics.com

I apologize for not getting you an answer right away, but during the week I usually respond within 24 hours.

Thanks,
Nick C.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #41
Swacer

Nick,

If I read this correctly, if I keep my stock front turn signals, I shouldn't need the resistors in the back, right?

Will I throw a "tail light out" code on my DIC though?
Old 10-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #42
Swacer

email sent you and Paul's way.

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #43
Smokey jr.

Drives: 2011 inferno orange camaro
DO YOU OFFER A DISCOUNT TO CAMARO 5 MEMBERS
Smokey jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #44
2012InfernoSS

Drives: 93GMC sierra stepside/2012 SS
So are the rs switchback's available yet? Been waiting to long!! Lol, please pm me with link or w/e.. Ill also assist in testing these for the rs if u need another ginny pig

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #45
Diode Dynamics

@Smokey jr.

We don't offer a "forum" discount due to our low everyday prices, which have already been reduced from MSRP.

Rather than make customers fool with coupon codes and create confusion, we added discounts to the prices right from the start. Also, this prevents customers from feeling left out or cheated.

Return customers do receive a 10% discount off their next order!

@2012InfernoSS

The new shipment should arrive any day now and I will post updates immediately when they become available. I appreciate your patience, and I assure you they are worth the wait.

Thanks!
Nick C.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #46
2012InfernoSS

Sweet!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #47
Diode Dynamics

Coming very soon for the RS/ZL1 models!!!

Exciting!

Thanks!
Nick C.

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 10-18-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #48
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
Hurry with the RS/ZL1 version I wanna use the 15% off coupon!!!
VMAX TB, Borla Catback Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Racing scoop,ZL1 grille, Nightowl JDP upgrade halo kit, interior lights, abl dash light pipes, VIS ams hood,Pfadt ZL-Spec sway bars, TSW Nurburgring F:20x9 R:20x10, Nitto Invo F:275/45 R:315/35, Spohn trailing arms, Toe rods, pfadt rear subframe bushing, ridetech level 2 coilovers, 3.91 GM differential, BMR diff bushings....more to follow
954camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #49
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Can you help me out here? PM if needed.. So will these turn the housing the clear/white and then to amber when turn signal is on? Obviously a very "noob" question but I am unsure on what this does. Would like to not have it amber in day, but then (for legal reasons) turn amber when turn signal comes on.

2013 LS here.
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • matte black hood, trunk and roof wrap • Lime Green Custom Vinyl • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • SLP front splitter • 416.5 whp 410 torque
TwentyTen2SSRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #50
2012InfernoSS

They are white until you turn on ur turn signal or hazards and then they will turn to amber