Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 09-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #51
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Thanks guys. I'm going back through my original install pics and seeing if there is a decent shot of how it was installed originally.

Johnny B. to answer your question, I dropped it Dec 19th. We were a day late because of a blizzard. The plan was to drop it off on the 18 and pick it up on the 23rd. They were going to install Brembo brakes, Spec clutch, and hopefully dyno tune it if they had time left over. Because of the delay, it didn't happen. Which ended up working out for the best. We decided against the Spec clutch after a few emails from other shops around the country sayin "Noooooooo". I ended up going with a custom clutch that was made in Irvine. I forget who made it. HB Mike has it on his car. IPF shipped the car back to me in Feb.

The dealer fixed my AC a couple of weeks ago and did not properly tighten the compressor mounting bolts or put the couplers and band clamps back on properly so I'm now starting to wonder if they disassembled the recirc valve too and put that back together wrong. Who knows?

According to my boost gauge this evening while driving home after work I was making 7+#'s of boost at about 6000rpm. I'll try and make a video tomorrow. It pshhh's pretty good when I up shift so it sounds like it's working correctly.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #52
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
This really is confusing now ??? My BOV have the vacuum hose coming out the bottom ???
What is the correct orientation ? Does it even matter since its either open or closed, its not like a check valve flowing in a certain direction only. I don't remember even seeing a EVOM emblem on mine ??
Old 09-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #53
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
This really is confusing now ??? My BOV have the vacuum hose coming out the bottom ???
What is the correct orientation ? Does it even matter since its either open or closed, its not like a check valve flowing in a certain direction only. I don't remember even seeing a EVOM emblem on mine ??
Maybe it doesn't even matter. Idk. I've been going back through all of my pics and I cannot seem to find any pics of how my BOV was oriented during my install. I'd have to believe that someone at EVOMS would have noticed that while it was there. They had the wheels off, the front bumper off and it was on a lift so that would have been at eye level. This is very strange.

Update edit:
Talked to hack installer and he doesn't believe he installed it that way. It's been pretty smelly since the AC fix so I'm inclined that they went up through there since the compressor sits down on the driver side. I know that the charge pipes were disconnected.

The boost gauge shows boost the pressure on my backside indicates that it's making boost and as a reminder of the reality of our LLT motors.

Check your oil. This is what mine looked like this morning after letting the car sit overnight. Added 2 quarts.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 09-22-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #54
Ventmaster

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT M6
But you're gonna turn it, right?

Bet it will improve things...
Airaid CAI, Rx ported TB, Mace ported IM, JBA shorty headers, Richmond 3.73, Borla touring axleback, Hurst short throw, NH-SS fix, IDEALG clutch m/c, SS struts/springs, Spohn trailing arms, Pfadt Racing sways, Pedders radius arm & rear subframe bushing inserts, 2LT gauge pkg.TSW Nurburgs. IPF S/C
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #55
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
But you're gonna turn it, right?

Bet it will improve things...
Absolutely. I think I've figured out why my car has been so smelly.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #56
Ventmaster

Had to post a follow-up on my ugly plugs-

It's too soon to tell the full tale but Gretch I know better than to take your opinion lightly (scared the shite out of me), so just 3 roundtrips of 10miles each. Moderate to easy miles to allow the ECM to acclimate to the ported IM, but far enough to come up to full operating temp.

So, old plug on the left and new(er) plug on the right and I have a theory:
Attached Images

Airaid CAI, Rx ported TB, Mace ported IM, JBA shorty headers, Richmond 3.73, Borla touring axleback, Hurst short throw, NH-SS fix, IDEALG clutch m/c, SS struts/springs, Spohn trailing arms, Pfadt Racing sways, Pedders radius arm & rear subframe bushing inserts, 2LT gauge pkg.TSW Nurburgs. IPF S/C
Old 09-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #57
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post

Check your oil. This is what mine looked like this morning after letting the car sit overnight. Added 2 quarts.

Argghhh.....not again. Knock on wood I've never ran into this problem, but then again my car is 4 years old now and only has 13,600 miles on it.

Do you think maybe the FI is forcing more oil into the catch can and maybe if you haven't checked it in awhile that could be part of where it is going....or is it consuming it again?

I do remember it being said it is "normal" for the LLT to consume 1 quart every 1000 miles or some absurd number like that. Not sure I ever felt that something like that should be considered normal.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #58
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Quote:
Had to post a follow-up on my ugly plugs-

It's too soon to tell the full tale but Gretch I know better than to take your opinion lightly (scared the shite out of me), so just 3 roundtrips of 10miles each. Moderate to easy miles to allow the ECM to acclimate to the ported IM, but far enough to come up to full operating temp.

So, old plug on the left and new(er) plug on the right and I have a theory:
Not sure about the threads, but that looks better. Every car I have had the isolator turns brown, but the rest is black like the ones posted earlier. What's your theory?

Sent from my note 10.1
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #59
Ventmaster

The threads are just me over doing it with anti-seize , and think (hope)the isolator is on its way to turning a nice amber shade. IOW- no problem!

But the back story on this car is it sat at EVOMS for the biggest part of 2 months after a new crate engine got installed. Each day they started it just long enuff to pull it out of the garage and park it in front. End of the day, restart and pull it in.

Much of that time it was running open headers- so you know they didn't waste time letin'er warm up! Lotta water created by combustion. I read recently for every pound of fuel, we make a pound of water.

My theory is without the heat created by adequate run times, all that water corroded the plugs. You think that's a possibility?
Old 09-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #60
Nutbutt

I usually have to add 1-1.5 quarts between oil changes. It is definitely not because of the catch can. It does catch some oil but most is a watery sludge.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #61
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Quote:
The threads are just me over doing it with anti-seize , and think (hope)the isolator is on its way to turning a nice amber shade. IOW- no problem!

But the back story on this car is it sat at EVOMS for the biggest part of 2 months after a new crate engine got installed. Each day they started it just long enuff to pull it out of the garage and park it in front. End of the day, restart and pull it in.

Much of that time it was running open headers- so you know they didn't waste time letin'er warm up! Lotta water created by combustion. I read recently for every pound of fuel, we make a pound of water.

My theory is without the heat created by adequate run times, all that water corroded the plugs. You think that's a possibility?
Could be.

Sent from my note 10.1
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:52 AM   #62
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Argghhh.....not again. Knock on wood I've never ran into this problem, but then again my car is 4 years old now and only has 13,600 miles on it.

Do you think maybe the FI is forcing more oil into the catch can and maybe if you haven't checked it in awhile that could be part of where it is going....or is it consuming it again?

I do remember it being said it is "normal" for the LLT to consume 1 quart every 1000 miles or some absurd number like that. Not sure I ever felt that something like that should be considered normal.
Luckyyyyyy

I just drained my catchcan and I hadn't been driving my Camaro a whole lot because I was having too much fun with the truck and boat over the summer. (Wake surfing is awesome!!!) So I haven't put a ton of miles on mine since June, maybe 400-500? I drained my CC this past Saturday and it had mostly what looked and smelled like condensation.

Yeah these LLT's "normal" is not the kind of normal I've ever encountered before.

And hey everybody, do not worry about threadjak'ing my thread. Am glad others are posting up tidbits about their builds and othe periphery subjects

Was laying in bed after a depressing day if football, and about midnight my thoughts of my BOV and it's screwy orientation were buggin big time. Was gonna wake up early and fix it but then I remembered I'm not a morning person.

Several mins later I was pulling my Camaro out and setting up the ramps and laying underneath my car. Setting up the ramps and pulling my car up onto them without waking up my neighbors took longer than fixing my BOV.

I'll post a couple of before and after the fix vids tomorrow.

Not a whole lot of difference between the two.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 09-23-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #63
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
I did not like how the BOV is gouging the air filter, so I installed a PVC 90* elbow. I have the first BOV Evo came out with. The valve is facing towards the back extended the longer 1" hose. Now the BOV is nowhere close to the air filter. I get more water then oil in my catch can. drain once a month. just my 2 cents
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #64
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
Been working an a LITTLE turbo upgrade....
Attached Images

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #65
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Lmao you crazy sycraft. Jak check the chat board you bald headed pimp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #66
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Was laying in bed after a depressing day if football,
OH yeah your 49ers lost, well at least my Bears won (again)

Unfortunately my fantasy team lost by 2.5 pts because my opponents kicker put up 17 (fantasy) points, wtf????
Old 09-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #67
SIXJAK

Update. Sorry, been crazy busy this week and to boot, I can't seem to get my vids to load. On both before the BOV re-orientation and after vids I seem to spike into the 14's AFR wise when I get over 6 #'s of boost which seems to be around 6500rpm.

I think I've given my ECU enough time to adjust to the BOV fix as well as this particular tune seems to do fine until I get above there. In both scenarios I hit about 7.5#'s of boost.

As soon as I can coordinate my schedule with hack installer (he's the one with the tunes) then we'll load in one of our earlier tunes and see what we come up with.

I want to be clear. The car runs very well in terms of drivability otherwise. No stalling or weird idling issues like I've seen reported. The AFR's stay in the high 11 low 12 range until I get above 6# of boost (above 6500rpm). And average fuel mileage according to the car's trip computer says 19.4 right now.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #68
MagnumForceGB

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 / 2014 Mustang 5.0
That AFR seems a little too lean, are your LTFT's in the negative's?

Also, I think the stalling issues are with LLT automatics. I'm experimenting now with something, seems to be better.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #69
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Mine'll stall if I run the RPMs up holding a gear, then coast down then push in the clutch at a stop. So I don't do that.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #70
Nutbutt

The stalling is not just for ATs. Coasting to a stop for about 100yrds then push in the clutch will cause a idle dive. With AC on a definite stall.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #71
MagnumForceGB

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 / 2014 Mustang 5.0
At least I know its not the torque converter then. I sent Arno more information, see if he can work some magic. In the mean time I'm just going to blame all the problems on KMPrenger, if he had a supercharger nobody would have problems and there would be world peace.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #72
Nutbutt

LMAO !
Old 09-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #73
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
19 mpg? At what 90 mph? I been getting around 30 - 33 mpg might have to wait on Arno, October fest is a month long over there
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:39 AM   #74
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikoriko View Post
19 mpg? At what 90 mph? I been getting around 30 - 33 mpg might have to wait on Arno, October fest is a month long over there
That is what I'm "averaging" right now. I'm getting about 30 at a steady 65.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #75
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
At least I know its not the torque converter then. I sent Arno more information, see if he can work some magic. In the mean time I'm just going to blame all the problems on KMPrenger, if he had a supercharger nobody would have problems and there would be world peace.
HA!

Well somebody has GOT to take the blame....might as well be me.

I'd love to be like one of you super V6s with LT headers and forced induction, but unfortunately my wife wants to do crazy things like replace carpet throughout the house, and update the railing, and do hardwood......ugh. I really need to have a sit down and get her priorities straight.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is online now   Reply With Quote