Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Redline Goods
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 09-27-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
Chevy Fanatic

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM/PEARL STRIPES-6M
Whipple & Dual valve catch can hose routing

Can someone please confirm my catch can is connected correctly. I have a Whipple S/C, CAI intake, and a RX dual valve can, without breather. Approx 500 miles since install and not a single drop of oil when can is drained. This tells me either;
1) Can is not connected correctly
2) Can does not work
3) Motor has very little blow by

The valley cover port is plugged.
Supercharger inlet center port goes to catch can valve "C"
Hose from driver side valve cover goes to catch can center valve 'B"
Hose from CAI intake tube approx. 2" in front of throttle body to catch can valve "A"
Passenger side valve cover goes to CAI intake tube approx.6"-8" in front of throttle body.
Attached Images

Whipple S/C, 3.750 pulley, JRE rough idle blower cam kit, Trunion upgrade, C5R timing chain, LS2 chain dampner, Melling 10296, Dynatech 1 7/8 LT headers, OR pipes, Dual valve RX catch can, ID 850 Injectors, LPE Dual fuel pump, CAI with Apex scoop, VMax ported T/B, ADM Tune 675 RWHP 560 TQ
Chevy Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
Scourage
Syntax Error

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I think you have it correct, mine is a bit different though. I have "A" connected to the intake tube and teed to a 1LE breather(passenger side oil fill). Then I have "B" connected to both driver side valve cover and valley cover. "C" to the Whipple.
Scourage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
Chevy Fanatic

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM/PEARL STRIPES-6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourage View Post
I think you have it correct, mine is a bit different though. I have "A" connected to the intake tube and teed to a 1LE breather(passenger side oil fill). Then I have "B" connected to both driver side valve cover and valley cover. "C" to the Whipple.
Are you catching oil in the can with this routing?
Whipple S/C, 3.750 pulley, JRE rough idle blower cam kit, Trunion upgrade, C5R timing chain, LS2 chain dampner, Melling 10296, Dynatech 1 7/8 LT headers, OR pipes, Dual valve RX catch can, ID 850 Injectors, LPE Dual fuel pump, CAI with Apex scoop, VMax ported T/B, ADM Tune 675 RWHP 560 TQ
Chevy Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
email tracy...I did last week and he replied to my multiple stupid questions to install mine on my turbo. I remember some of the basics off the top of my head...that you need to T into the the drivers side valve cover fo one of the valves, the pass side from valve cover goes to a barb installed right behind the air filter (not to can) ...and the other valve goes to a barb right in front of the intake (turbo in my case)....I know my situation is different so don't take this as bible
caper is offline   Reply With Quote