Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
~Stacy~

Drives: 10 camaro 13 cruze
chevy service is slipping bad

I have been purchasing new cars thru GM since 2003. Over the years I have found out which dealers are honest and which dealers lie right to your face. My favorite dealer closed up a few years back so I found a new home somebody that really appreciated my business. The past few months they don't care. I basically went crying into them one day because I was so frustrated and angry either way worked myself up to the district manager and Chevy did help me out big time at the end on my Camaro and I was satisfied.

I'm starting round 2 once again. I purchased a brand new 2013 Cruze last December. The past month I have been experiencing engine noises that shouldn't be there. The dealer basically checked over things gave a good wrench to tighten things up and the noise had returned within a few days. I went back to talk to the manager and basically just watched my engine idle for 5 minutes. My car has 9900 miles so my engine should be broken in. I'm getting so FRUSTRATED. I have talked to customer service and all they do is have me visit every dealer. I'm about to sell both my vehicles and just go to another car world. I love my cars to pieces but when I can't get service on a brand new chevy that is not even a year old something is wrong
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stacy~ View Post
I have been purchasing new cars thru GM since 2003. Over the years I have found out which dealers are honest and which dealers lie right to your face. My favorite dealer closed up a few years back so I found a new home somebody that really appreciated my business. The past few months they don't care. I basically went crying into them one day because I was so frustrated and angry either way worked myself up to the district manager and Chevy did help me out big time at the end on my Camaro and I was satisfied.

I'm starting round 2 once again. I purchased a brand new 2013 Cruze last December. The past month I have been experiencing engine noises that shouldn't be there. The dealer basically checked over things gave a good wrench to tighten things up and the noise had returned within a few days. I went back to talk to the manager and basically just watched my engine idle for 5 minutes. My car has 9900 miles so my engine should be broken in. I'm getting so FRUSTRATED. I have talked to customer service and all they do is have me visit every dealer. I'm about to sell both my vehicles and just go to another car world. I love my cars to pieces but when I can't get service on a brand new chevy that is not even a year old something is wrong
Oh no ~Stacy~,

I know we've interacted before. Are your latest concerns new or part of the original case we started for you? I can look into this for you if you'd like... If there's any way I can assist, please contact me privately.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
motorhead
bars suck

Drives: ZL1
What's really sad is that a person needs to complain on internet before anyone will care.

Why doesn't she get the same treatment when she just picks up the phone? Crazy world we live in these days.
Oh, not picking on GM at all here. I know most companies don't act anymore until they are made to look bad to the public. I guess it's the new norm.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #4
~Stacy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Oh no ~Stacy~,

I know we've interacted before. Are your latest concerns new or part of the original case we started for you? I can look into this for you if you'd like... If there's any way I can assist, please contact me privately.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
You helped me out before it's going to be my second Chevy involved this time Thanks for helping me with my camaro. I was very satisfied with the end results. Will shoot you a pm...
Old 09-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
~Stacy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
What's really sad is that a person needs to complain on internet before anyone will care.

Why doesn't she get the same treatment when she just picks up the phone? Crazy world we live in these days.
Oh, not picking on GM at all here. I know most companies don't act anymore until they are made to look bad to the public. I guess it's the new norm.
I was on the phone with GM customer service before I posted this. I been buying GM only since 1999. I'm not going to argue with you.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
motorhead
bars suck

Quote:
I was on the phone with GM customer service before I posted this. I been buying GM only since 1999. I'm not going to argue with you.
I gotcha! It just gets old that the internet clean up guy needs to step in when these problems don't get the attention they deserve using a normal path.

Sorry to vent. I have a similar problem going on right now with another product. I haven't taken to the airways just yet to make them look bad. I'm praying that I don't need to ,but I'm loosing faith quickly.

Good luck in getting to the bottom of your problem.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #7
~Stacy~

Quote:
I gotcha! It just gets old that the internet clean up guy needs to step in when these problems don't get the attention they deserve using a normal path.

Sorry to vent. I have a similar problem going on right now with another product. I haven't taken to the airways just yet to make them look bad. I'm praying that I don't need to ,but I'm loosing faith quickly.

No worries. I have been stressed out both of my parents have gotten diagnosed with cancer within the last 4 months. I have Indian spammers calling my phone non stop the last 6 weeks. Got the police involved switched my phone number and they still hassle me. They have caused me a 300 dollar phone bill last month vs 80. I feel like.my happiness has been turned off for now
Old 09-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
motorhead
bars suck

Quote:
No worries. I have been stressed out both of my parents have gotten diagnosed with cancer within the last 4 months. I have Indian spammers calling my phone non stop the last 6 weeks. Got the police involved switched my phone number and they still hassle me. They have caused me a 300 dollar phone bill last month vs 80. I feel like.my happiness has been turned off for now
Damn! Sorry to hear about your folks. That truly makes car troubles not seem so bad. I pray that all works out well for your family.

I know personally that cancer sucks for sure.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #9
~Stacy~

Quote:
Damn! Sorry to hear about your folks. That truly makes car troubles not seem so bad. I pray that all works out well for your family.

I know personally that cancer sucks for sure.
I have been dealing with the crap since I was 18. My mom got hit with skin and thyroid. 12 years later comes back as uterine. My father double whammy went blind when I was 18 now has prostate cancer. My heart wants me in sunny Arizona but stay in Wisconsin to take care of my sick folks.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:

Just remember the days before the Internet and forums like this. We had Nowhere to turn to for help. So at least we do now have an additional avenue to persue now.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #11
~Stacy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Just remember the days before the Internet and forums like this. We had Nowhere to turn to for help. So at least we do now have an additional avenue to persue now.
It's cheaper than seeing a quack doctor.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #12
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Quote:
I know how it is when a family member gets the diagnosis of Cancer, keep your chin up and perple will be praying for your parents.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #13
~Stacy~

Quote:
I know how it is when a family member gets the diagnosis of Cancer, keep your chin up and perple will be praying for your parents.
Thanks just happy I stay healthy never wore glasses Been cancer free the past 30 just got diagnosed with arthritis in my left knee but it's not my driving knee
Old 09-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #14
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Thanks just happy I stay healthy never wore glasses Been cancer free the past 30 just got diagnosed with arthritis in my left knee but it's not my driving knee
I was diagnosed with cancer 3 years ago. After surgery and Chemo I have been Cancer free for the last 2 1/2 years.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #15
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
You helped me out before it's going to be my second Chevy involved this time Thanks for helping me with my camaro. I was very satisfied with the end results. Will shoot you a pm...
Thanks,

Response sent!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 09-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #16
~Stacy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Thanks,

Response sent!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks for the quick reply
Old 09-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply
You're welcome.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 09-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #18
~Stacy~

Wink

Quote:
I was diagnosed with cancer 3 years ago. After surgery and Chemo I have been Cancer free for the last 2 1/2 years.
Congrats... My mom went cancer free for 12 years. I was shocked when it came back but you never can predict the crap.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #19
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Congrats... My mom went cancer free for 12 years. I was shocked when it came back but you never can predict the crap.
That is true, my dad went from 91 to 2007 when his returned, he passed away in 2008. He was 88 years old. My first wife was diagnosed with an incurable form of liver Cancer in 2005, she passed away in 2006. So I definately know how hard it is on everyone.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #20
~Stacy~

issues

GM is still working with me but THANK YOU for all your help William so far
Old 10-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #21
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
GM is still working with me but THANK YOU for all your help William so far
You're most welcome,

It's always a pleasure to assist. You are more than welcome to message me for case updates. I hope it gets resolved for you soon.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 10-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #22
~Stacy~

bump

Got my Cruze in the process of getting fixed. It only took going to 3 Chevy Dealers Third time is the charm.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #23
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
It's at least decent that GM reps are actively using and responding on this forum. (And I'm guessing they also use other forums dedicated to Camaros and other Chevy vehicles).

It's a nice positive.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #24
~Stacy~

GM BUYBACK

Currently fighting with GM NOT GETTING ANYWHERE. Call customer service and they connect me to a BUICK DEALER I'm on my third dealer going back Friday. Had my car in the shop going on 6 times on Friday. I GIVE UP BUY A NEW CHEVY AND GET TREATED LIKE Long story short bought a new cruze car only has 10,000 miles and nobody can fix the high pitched whine which is obvious heard and sounds loud when you lift the hood. All I do is play phone tag and fight with chevy dealers all week
Old 10-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #25
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6
I gotta tell you. I've never experienced any issues like that at my Chevy dealer in South Jersey. Sorry to hear about your frustration. Good luck
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote