Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #15
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..
 
hypurone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC LPO Rallies
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cali - NorthBay
Posts: 2,010
Send a message via AIM to hypurone Send a message via MSN to hypurone Send a message via Yahoo to hypurone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Oh sir, forgive me. Please post your mobile number here in the thread so I and other C5 members can call you for editorial assistance before we post.
You are forgiven....
__________________
"You were really flyin' when I passed you back there!" - Born on 10/05/09 MyCamaroBuildInfo
hypurone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #16
axis
Search Ninja
 
axis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central Ark
Posts: 7,191
I think the issue may be that there is no bolt in that threaded hole to do the actual adjustment, unless they added them to the later models. There is a bolt in the rear of the car that will work but I forget which one. Pete posted the thread dimensions so they should be good to go.
__________________
2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Halltech CF 102 fed
GPI modded intake manifold
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #17
yungd83
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Flint Michigan and Kansas City
Posts: 78
Anyone know where I can get the screw/bolt from
yungd83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #18
axis
Search Ninja
 
axis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central Ark
Posts: 7,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungd83 View Post
Anyone know where I can get the screw/bolt from
I got a pair of hardened ones from Star Bolt here in Arkansas. Any place that sells bolts should have them. Just note the size and pitch from the reply above and you'll be good to go. Make sure you don't get them too long either.
__________________
2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Halltech CF 102 fed
GPI modded intake manifold
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #19
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungd83 View Post
Anyone know where I can get the screw/bolt from
You can order them from Pedders 248.522.8021 or find a local source for a 10mm 1.5 pitch screw.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #20
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS
 
ICTsccaCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wichita KS
Posts: 847
Is everyone leaving the adjuster bolt/screw in the knucle after the alignment or are you pulling them back out after you are done? I just aligned ours and it was a pain keeping the camber setting in while i was tightening the bolts this would have helped alot, but just wondering if one set of bolts/screws would work or if i need a set per car?
__________________
2014 Summit White 1LE 2SS/RS, Recaros, NPP, NAV, Elite Gen2 CC, ZL1 splash guards, ZL1 pedals, Exhaust Commander, GTO Clutch reservoir, Forgestar CF5V 19's on HoosierStone Tires, Previous Car: 2012 Black 2LT/RS, Fully 1LE swapped
Wichita Region SCCA Autocross #23 FS http://www.wichitascca.org/SoloII.html
ICTsccaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #21
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
Is everyone leaving the adjuster bolt/screw in the knucle after the alignment or are you pulling them back out after you are done? I just aligned ours and it was a pain keeping the camber setting in while i was tightening the bolts this would have helped alot, but just wondering if one set of bolts/screws would work or if i need a set per car?
The Pontiac GTO and G8 used the same camber adjustment system and came with the camber screws installed from the factory. I would leave the screws in so they are there when needed.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #22
carfansince73

 
carfansince73's Avatar
 
Drives: Carefully
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,109
I have the Hotchkis Track Pack which includes their lowering springs. When I had my car in for an alignment at the Chevy dealer, he said he couldn't get the camber right and was going to have to drill out the mount. Ended up that he could not get my wheels off since the key I have for the lugs was misplaced so he did not do any drilling. In the end, he said that he got it right (I'm doubtful since I didn't get a printout showing the final specs in green).

I guess my question is should I expect camber issues with these drop springs on the stock struts that can't be adjusted? I have noticed my inner front tires wearing more than the outside.

Thanks for any help.
__________________
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!! I wonder if the state would allow this vanity plate---> KISSMYSS
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #23
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfansince73 View Post
I have the Hotchkis Track Pack which includes their lowering springs. When I had my car in for an alignment at the Chevy dealer, he said he couldn't get the camber right and was going to have to drill out the mount. Ended up that he could not get my wheels off since the key I have for the lugs was misplaced so he did not do any drilling. In the end, he said that he got it right (I'm doubtful since I didn't get a printout showing the final specs in green).

I guess my question is should I expect camber issues with these drop springs on the stock struts that can't be adjusted? I have noticed my inner front tires wearing more than the outside.

Thanks for any help.
1. With lowering coils, your Camaro can be aligned with the range specified by the factory.

2. With a tech that says I have to grind, but I couldn't and your alignment just magically fell into place and we don't have a print out so we don't know what the specs are your only option is to get a real alignment.

3. Print out the alignment information a couple of posts above, go back to the same shop, review it with them and ask them to do this one on their dime or find a new dealer and start from scratch.

4. The only limitation on alignment with a lowered Camaro compared to a factory height Camaro is rear camber. The lower you go the higher the negative rear camber will become. This is a priority with wider than stock rear wheels or to optimize handling or drag launches, Th fix is simple. Replaces the factory camber eccentrics with Justice Pete Signature Series Rear Camber bolts that have an additional 1 degree of adjustment. Part Number HW-CAM8-R-CAM-ADJ
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #24
Synner


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 3,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
Is everyone leaving the adjuster bolt/screw in the knucle after the alignment or are you pulling them back out after you are done? I just aligned ours and it was a pain keeping the camber setting in while i was tightening the bolts this would have helped alot, but just wondering if one set of bolts/screws would work or if i need a set per car?
Use lots of loctite when you leave them in. Some goober tech left the bolts in loose and I didn't notice right away. I could only imagine the suck factor of my day if it flew out and jammed in the rotor/caliper or clipped a brake line as I stomped on the brakes at the end of a straight. One was 3 turns from out when I noticed the rattle.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #25
carfansince73

 
carfansince73's Avatar
 
Drives: Carefully
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
1. With lowering coils, your Camaro can be aligned with the range specified by the factory.

2. With a tech that says I have to grind, but I couldn't and your alignment just magically fell into place and we don't have a print out so we don't know what the specs are your only option is to get a real alignment.

3. Print out the alignment information a couple of posts above, go back to the same shop, review it with them and ask them to do this one on their dime or find a new dealer and start from scratch.

4. The only limitation on alignment with a lowered Camaro compared to a factory height Camaro is rear camber. The lower you go the higher the negative rear camber will become. This is a priority with wider than stock rear wheels or to optimize handling or drag launches, Th fix is simple. Replaces the factory camber eccentrics with Justice Pete Signature Series Rear Camber bolts that have an additional 1 degree of adjustment. Part Number HW-CAM8-R-CAM-ADJ
Thanks! I just love this website.
__________________
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!! I wonder if the state would allow this vanity plate---> KISSMYSS
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #26
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Use lots of loctite when you leave them in. Some goober tech left the bolts in loose and I didn't notice right away. I could only imagine the suck factor of my day if it flew out and jammed in the rotor/caliper or clipped a brake line as I stomped on the brakes at the end of a straight. One was 3 turns from out when I noticed the rattle.
Hey that is my technical term!

Goober up the threads for the camber screw with Loctite.

We like to leave them in goobered up with Loctite so they are there for your next alignment.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #27
Synner


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 3,993
Well I get threatened with banishment when I use my uncensored terms for the intelligence challenged. So i went with goober.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #28
carfansince73

 
carfansince73's Avatar
 
Drives: Carefully
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
3. Print out the alignment information a couple of posts above, go back to the same shop, review it with them and ask them to do this one on their dime or find a new dealer and start from scratch.
Are these the specs they should be shooting for with 275's up front and 315's in the back? This was a reply "from the sticky alignment thread" to an owner with the same Hotchkis shocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@PeddersUSA.com View Post
I totally understand!

This is what I would do:

Front.
Camber to -1.0 each
toe to .1 degrees toe out each wheel

Rear
Camber, get the least amount of negative Camber as possible
Toe, toe in .05 degrees each wheel

Hope this helps and drive safe.

mike
dms
__________________
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!! I wonder if the state would allow this vanity plate---> KISSMYSS
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5th Gen Suspension -- The Book JusticePete Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 151 05-07-2015 05:52 PM
Add HUD to your 2010 2SSRS@Gen5diy Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions 1960 04-06-2015 09:22 AM
Pfadt Introduces New Front Camber Plate Kit. Available NOW! PfadtRacing Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 43 02-07-2013 12:40 PM
Setting up an IRS/Drivetrain for Drag Racing Kyle2k Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 44 06-05-2010 09:17 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.