Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
audiomikej
 
audiomikej's Avatar
 
Drives: the wife crazy talking Camaros
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 276
Parts list to install a ZL1 LSA supercharger on an LS3/L99 Camaro

**********Under construction*************************
Idiotís guide to purchasing and installing a ZL1 LSA supercharger to your SS Camaro.
Chapter 1. Material list
Chapter 2. Installation tips and wiring guide
Chapter 3. Tuning and post installation experiences.
I have done a bunch of research and sourced some great vendors to buy from.
partstaxi.com
http://www.gmpartscenter.net
http://www.parts4chevys.com
gmpartsonline.net
GMpartsSHOP.com
http://www.paceperformance.com
lingenfelter.com
phastek.com
They are all great vendors but they do not give GM part numbers until after purchase. This prevents you from easily price shopping the various vendors. A great resource to find said part numbers
http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com
Here is a list of some of the parts needed
Supercharger with bypass 19257754 $1627.28
ZL1 Supercharger lid 12622236 $257.01
cooler insulator 12612467 $12.72
Fuel Rail 12605222 $236.10
LSA/LS9 Fuel Injectors 12598646 $396.16 new, found used for $225
EVAP solenoid 12639188 $22.48
intake manifold bolts (10) 11588718 $0.50
ZL1 Engine beauty cover 12639443 $56.04
Engine beauty cover studs (4) 11588406 $2.83
Crank Pulley (aka balancer) 12603916 $134.58 new, found used $50
Crank pulley bolt 11570046 $3.54
Crankshaft friction washer 12603843 $10.95 Lingenfelter (not sure if needed)
Front accessory drive kit 19243525 $889.95 paceperformance
AC compressor 22798907 $353.66 (list)
AC compressor mount 12622243 $65.18 (list)
AC Belt 12622244 $21.05 (list)
LSA/corvette LS3 Water Pump 19180610 (found on ebay $115)
Water pump gasket 12630223 $4.33
Supercharger intercooler radiator 22879421 $121.74
*LSA intercooler pump 20945282 $237.66
*Front Hose kit 22962566 $70.43
*I do not recommend OEM unit, it is a nice piece but it is expensive and a little tricky to wire/install. Aftermarket pumps are much cheaper.
ZL1 fuel pump ~$250 phastek.com
ZL1 Cold air intake $450
Custom tune
L99 add
Front timing cover kit L200010106 $140 Lingenfelter
Timing chain SD3SR602 ~$50
+more
Valley plate and gasket? 12599296, 12610141
I have a spreadsheet with more notes and part numbers will finish populating this post later.
All said and done budget $6000 for an LS3 and $8000 for a L99 ZL1 supercharger add. For a L99 I also recommend upgrading to a LS9 cam at the same time as you add the supercharger along with the required fuel pump upgrade and cold air intake.

Last edited by audiomikej; 02-07-2013 at 03:55 PM.
audiomikej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
audiomikej
 
audiomikej's Avatar
 
Drives: the wife crazy talking Camaros
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 276
**********Under construction*************************

Chapter 2. Installation tips and wiring guide
audiomikej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
audiomikej
 
audiomikej's Avatar
 
Drives: the wife crazy talking Camaros
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 276
**********Under construction*************************
Chapter 3. Tuning and post installation experiences.
audiomikej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
mbrusco103

 
mbrusco103's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS (M6) Twin Turbo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,038
__________________

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6 TT
-AGP Twin Turbo Custom 51/57 Turbos | JRE Tuned | Stainless Works Chambered exhaust | Noweeds | Factory Hurst Short Throw | Black Forgestar F14s | Carbon Fiber GFX | | VIS AMS Carbon Fiber Hood | Anvil Carbon Fiber Spoiler
mbrusco103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,482
damn...i'm curious. subscribed!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:12 PM   #6
nikos30
HT5 EastSide
 
nikos30's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ/PA
Posts: 1,563
I will read every word. I love learning. thanks a lot man
__________________
nikos30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:16 PM   #7
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 26,516
Good Stuff...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #8
Juice2SS

 
Drives: 2011 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 932
I put that same list together all new on GMPartsDirect for $4800.
Juice2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #9
audiomikej
 
audiomikej's Avatar
 
Drives: the wife crazy talking Camaros
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 276
Be careful with GMpartsdirect.com, they have no phone number and they rape you on S&H. I recommend the vendors listed above over GMPD.
audiomikej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #10
knitetrain05
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary Edi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomikej View Post
**********Under construction*************************
Idiotís guide to purchasing and installing a ZL1 LSA supercharger to your SS Camaro.
Chapter 1. Material list
Chapter 2. Installation tips and wiring guide
Chapter 3. Tuning and post installation experiences.
I have done a bunch of research and sourced some great vendors to buy from.
partstaxi.com
http://www.gmpartscenter.net
http://www.parts4chevys.com
gmpartsonline.net
GMpartsSHOP.com
http://www.paceperformance.com
lingenfelter.com
phastek.com
They are all great vendors but they do not give GM part numbers until after purchase. This prevents you from easily price shopping the various vendors. A great resource to find said part numbers
http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com
Here is a list of some of the parts needed
Supercharger with bypass 19257754 $1627.28
ZL1 Supercharger lid 12622236 $257.01
cooler insulator 12612467 $12.72
Fuel Rail 12605222 $236.10
LSA/LS9 Fuel Injectors 12598646 $396.16 new, found used for $225
EVAP solenoid 12639188 $22.48
intake manifold bolts (10) 11588718 $0.50
ZL1 Engine beauty cover 12639443 $56.04
Engine beauty cover studs (4) 11588406 $2.83
Crank Pulley (aka balancer) 12603916 $134.58 new, found used $50
Crank pulley bolt 11570046 $3.54
Crankshaft friction washer 12603843 $10.95 Lingenfelter (not sure if needed)
Front accessory drive kit 19243525 $889.95 paceperformance
AC compressor 22798907 $353.66 (list)
AC compressor mount 12622243 $65.18 (list)
AC Belt 12622244 $21.05 (list)
LSA/corvette LS3 Water Pump 19180610 (found on ebay $115)
Water pump gasket 12630223 $4.33
Supercharger intercooler radiator 22879421 $121.74
*LSA intercooler pump 20945282 $237.66
*Front Hose kit 22962566 $70.43
*I do not recommend OEM unit, it is a nice piece but it is expensive and a little tricky to wire/install. Aftermarket pumps are much cheaper.
ZL1 fuel pump ~$250 phastek.com
ZL1 Cold air intake $450
Custom tune
L99 add
Front timing cover kit L200010106 $140 Lingenfelter
Timing chain SD3SR602 ~$50
+more
Valley plate and gasket? 12599296, 12610141
I have a spreadsheet with more notes and part numbers will finish populating this post later.
All said and done budget $6000 for an LS3 and $8000 for a L99 ZL1 supercharger add. For a L99 I also recommend upgrading to a LS9 cam at the same time as you add the supercharger along with the required fuel pump upgrade and cold air intake.
Thats silly. Just buy a ZL1 and save the monkey shine.
knitetrain05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:09 AM   #11
CWI
Helping Build America
 
CWI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Freeport LPG Export
Posts: 3,815
For the same $$ or a bit more couldn't a Maggie be self installed and easier? And add more power?
__________________
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!"
CWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #12
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,848
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #13
Silver-SS
 
Drives: 2012 2SS RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Orlando
Posts: 231
Subscribed
Silver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:30 PM   #14
Juice2SS

 
Drives: 2011 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomikej View Post
Be careful with GMpartsdirect.com, they have no phone number and they rape you on S&H. I recommend the vendors listed above over GMPD.
I talked to my local Chevy dealer and they said they'd match most of those prices. I might just have to do this.
Juice2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:02 AM   #15
christianmotox


 
christianmotox's Avatar
 
Drives: ( . )( . )
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,820
Any updates here?
__________________
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #16
Kiteboarder85
 
Kiteboarder85's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 RS/SS 1LE NPP and Recaros
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Freeland, MI
Posts: 352
Started reading this thread and became dissapointed coming to the bottom of the page and that was it....any more update on your potentially awesome thread you started??

__________________
Billy B.
2015 RS/SS 1LE NPP and Recaros
Kiteboarder85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #17
John E
 
John E's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS rs 6M
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Palm Beach
Posts: 167
Crickets...
John E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #18
christianmotox


 
christianmotox's Avatar
 
Drives: ( . )( . )
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteboarder85 View Post
Started reading this thread and became dissapointed coming to the bottom of the page and that was it....any more update on your potentially awesome thread you started??

Same here brother.
__________________
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #19
toesuf94


 
toesuf94's Avatar
 
Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 4,713
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
I think his wife found his credit card statement...he may get to use the computer again NEXT YEAR!
__________________
Cars and women are both going to give you problems...but you can pay somebody else to fix your car!
toesuf94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #20
iceman223
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
I think his wife found his credit card statement...he may get to use the computer again NEXT YEAR!
OP!!! Its next year!!!! I want this!! Haha any updates?
iceman223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:13 AM   #21
BLTZKRG
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: dover pa
Posts: 251
I think this can be done cheaper than 4800. Id say 3800. I do want to know more though.
__________________
2014 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS M6

CAGS Skip-Shift Eliminator
1LE Strut Tower Brace
GMPP Track Pack Axleback
Halltech CAI
Fuse Pull Mod
BLTZKRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:13 PM   #22
audiomikej
 
audiomikej's Avatar
 
Drives: the wife crazy talking Camaros
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 276
(quoteHey mike I saw your thread and I'm curious as to what HAS to be purchased as far as front drive accessories for those parts to make this swap happen. I'm tired of hearing everybody say buy the adm kit I'm not paying close to 2,500 for the same crap I can get through my parts counter at work for a grand. Is a different water pump necessary? And why is there a need for a new alternator or ac compressor? Sry to rant on just frustrated as to why its so difficult to get a cut and dry list of what parts are needed I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible and adm is overpriced, thanks

reply

You maybe could do it if you are a manual. My Camaro is an auto L99 with the cam phaser, which I would have to remove. I realized quick it would be better to just buy a ZL1 if I really wanted a S/C Camaro. I have done the monkeyed up customs in the past I have learned the more I customized a car the less a drove it. Major mods are dumb when you can buy a factory car that will be better equipped (tranny, rear end, brakes, cooling, shocks, seats, rims, tires, reliability, and resale)
audiomikej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:22 PM   #23
audiomikej
 
audiomikej's Avatar
 
Drives: the wife crazy talking Camaros
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 276
Quote:

You have to convert to the LSA front drive, the cam phaser on the L99 is in the way, so include timing chain and cover. No I did not do the conversion. I sold the parts before I messed up my perfect good Camaro. I estimate $8k to add a supercharger to a SS. Yeah maybe you can do for less but either way IMHO a ZL1 would be a better investment and a better car.
audiomikej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:07 PM   #24
hammdo
Circle Member Want-A-Be
 
hammdo's Avatar
 
Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 L99 LSA SC Z/LE
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 2,589
When folks asked me vs ADM's kit I kind of said the same thing - LSA front assembly kit and ac compressor as the GM LSA front assembly kit does not have the ac components. L99 equipt cars would have to do LS3 conversion. So compare costs and choose what works for them...

-Don
hammdo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:13 PM   #25
laurentj23
 
Drives: s14 swapped vq35
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: cartersville
Posts: 14
is the zl1 heat exchanger works like an intercooler?
laurentj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
tvs1900, zl1 lsa supercharger

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.