Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #43
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
You can go on believing that but If you don't think that manufacturers don't pay to have their cars featured in certain commercials you haven't read any articals on effective marketing. Just think about it, It's much cheaper for them to pay a fee and provide a car for the commercial than producing one themselves and buying air time to show it. It's really very smart.
agree!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:06 AM   #44
rdsesq

Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by edco View Post
I do not want any of that in my Mustang. With simple mods the 07 GT is 3225#. Everyone scoffs at the 3V 281cid V8. I like it better than the 5.0 Coyote. It is the only V8 I know of that the TQ/HP ratio is greater than 1 (1.07). .
Not sure exactly what you are tryig to express, but, if it is HP/TQ above a value of 1 per cui, you are sadly mistaken. M TwinPower Turbo V-8 / 4 in the BMW M6 is 560HQ and 500 TQ with only 4L ( or 244.095 CI) Or the 2979 cu cm in the BMW1s aithough have 320HP and 320TQ.
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #45
Enator

Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77rs View Post
Don't know how you get the figures so fast, not only for camaro but for all 3! Cool info!
I think I am first person in this world that sees these info first
Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #46
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
I'm guessing the Challenger is coming up because you just don't see very many of them on the roads. I look left and right and I see another Camaro and sometimes it just gets annoying because you're like...aww man another person stealing my attention on the road! Then you start to notice just how ugly you car is because it might be a little dirty from you driving all day long or having to be on a country highway for almost an hour to get to class, and then you have all these types of bugs on your car that just makes someone else' car look better(sorry for the run-on).

ANYWAY, long story short. If you see someone on the road very often and you're a car enthusiast are you going to want to buy something you see every day or are you going to want to buy something you don't see too often?

For me, I'd go with something I don't see to often just because I like to have something not very many people have.
LOL... I'm not going to pass up a 5thGen camaro just because I see a lot of them. Just because everyone else has one don't mean I have one and I wanted one. Matter a fact the more that I saw the more I wanted one and was killing me because I didn't . I don't base my decision on how many I see and don't see. What other car would you have picked a mustang or challenger ? i like those but Nope ! I bought what I wanted and that I couldn't live without having. I love the camaro. I guess you just bought yours because you didnt see a lot of them. You should've bought a Challenger because there's not that many on the road. Well , I'm starting to see alot of them. But who cars what everyone else has , it's about what I have. It's not the camaro fault that it is the most good looking muscle car.So, ofcourse everyone will have one or want one . I think it's the best looking car but that's my opinion.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #47
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
I

LOL... I'm not going to pass up a 5thGen camaro just because I see a lot of them. Just because everyone else has one don't mean I have one and I wanted one. Matter a fact the more that I saw the more I wanted one and was killing me because I didn't . I don't base my decision on how many I see and don't see. What other car would you have picked a mustang or challenger ? i like those but Nope ! I bought what I wanted and that I couldn't live without having. I love the camaro. I guess you just bought yours because you didnt see a lot of them. You should've bought a Challenger because there's not that many on the road. Well , I'm starting to see alot of them. But who cars what everyone else has , it's about what I have. It's not the camaro fault that it is the most good looking muscle car.So, ofcourse everyone will have one or want one . I think it's the best looking car but that's my opinion.
Maybe he would be happier with a Smart Car since you don't see many of them..... Joking!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #48
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Maybe he would be happier with a Smart Car since you don't see many of them..... Joking!
lmao.... good one ! Just wait and see if he keeps the camaro after nobody waves LOL. It never gets old.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #49
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexZr2 View Post
They are substantially cheaper is why. Poorer quality, less options.. but cheaper.
Yes it's cheaper , but in this case it doesn't mean less expensive , just cheaper !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #50
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaBR View Post
Why is the Challenger coming on so strong this year?

I've had several people tell me they have a lot more room. not nearly as cramped in the drivers seat as the camaro or mustang. just more comfortable for larger people. and to tell the truth, I can see that. I'm only pushing 170/5'10" and I feel a bit cramped in the camaro.

it's also a nice car.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #51
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
I've had several people tell me they have a lot more room. not nearly as cramped in the drivers seat as the camaro or mustang. just more comfortable for larger people. and to tell the truth, I can see that. I'm only pushing 170/5'10" and I feel a bit cramped in the camaro.

it's also a nice car.
I'm 6'0 feet and I don't feel cramp . The Challenger feels slightly wider in the front seat area but back seat I didn't see any difference in space. I feel like I'm secured in the camaro . More of a sports car and fee.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #52
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Year to date for the combined 3 2012 vs 2013....

They are slightly down by some 3,000 units however that can be explained by the lost 2 selling days for last months. In other words this segment is flat between this year and last year, though what is important is how this segments ends. Also with just these 3 cars it doesn't count any other competitors which might have taken sells from this segment. The Scion FRS/Subaru BRZ and the Hyundai Genesis coupe are 3 vehicles that likely took some sales away on the low end.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #53
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
Year to date for the combined 3 2012 vs 2013....

They are slightly down by some 3,000 units however that can be explained by the lost 2 selling days for last months. In other words this segment is flat between this year and last year, though what is important is how this segments ends. Also with just these 3 cars it doesn't count any other competitors which might have taken sells from this segment. The Scion FRS/Subaru BRZ and the Hyundai Genesis coupe are 3 vehicles that likely took some sales away on the low end.
Yea or maybe ppl are waiting on the reconstructed mustang and challenger or berracuda. Since they're supposed to be a way better performer.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #54
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2010 ABM/LT/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaBR View Post
Why is the Challenger coming on so strong this year?
Fleet sales? I saw literally truck loads of them sprinkled around at the Phoenix Airport Hertz Rental lot in late July. All were the same Orange R/T option.
Mine was kinda dirty when it came back...
Attached Images

Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote