Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #120
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullDuggery View Post
Well when I bought my LS I *thought* I liked the non RS headlights better than the Halos, I thought they showed the shape of the headlights better. I always knew I would upgrade to the 20" wheels cuz I had to have those things. But after 3 years of owning my car and adding things like fog lights and oem spoiler my only real regret is not getting the halos. They do look mean as hell going down the road. I have thought about upgrading but I just can't justify the cost of even refurbished ones. I still love my car but MAN I want those damn halos.
hold in there because you'll get your halos.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #121
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
You seam to be the only one offended by what I said. I simply supplied facts.
So, telling someone who is considering a Camaro that if they're concerned about the cost difference between different sized replacement tires that "Good God" they should be looking at a Versa is "supplying facts" and not being sarcastic or condescending? Hmm. OK. Yes, Versa facts are very helpful.

Quote:
There is ruffly a $75 dollar difference between a set of 19 inch size tires and the next larger size. I don't care how long you intend to keep your Camaro. But the RS package adds value to the car. Doesn't matter if you keep the car one year or 30 years! Did you factor that while you were being so frugal? No probably not.
You know what, you're absolutely right. I did not consider the increase in resale value the RS package provides. OP, you should indeed factor that into your buying consideration.
Quote:
Do you watch Barrett Jackson? Which cars have the most residual value? The Base model car with no options or the car with desirable options?
I am familiar with the show, and have already conceded the point that trade-in or resale value is affected by adding the RS package. I just wanted to say that I LOL'd at the idea of a V6 2012 Camaro up on the stage, RS package or not.
Quote:
I'm still not sure how you misconstrued what I typed above as me telling you how to spend your money?
Because you said that if I (or anyone else) here want to consider things like the cost of replacement tires, then we "can't afford the car." What I or others choose to factor into our purchasing decisions is up to us, not for you to judge.
Quote:
I just offered an opinion that was different from yours.
Not quite. THIS would be you offering your opinion:
Quote:
Everyone defines worth differently. You chose a basic V6. Because as you explained, it wasn't "WORTH" the extra cost of Camaro ownership to spring for the SS or the RS package. I chose to check every option box available when buying the SS. It was worth the extra cost of Camaro ownership to me.
And I can completely agree with that. But you did a bit more than that. You said that if the OP is concerned about what you consider to be minor cost of ownership differences, that he can't afford the car and he should be looking at a Versa instead of a Camaro.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #122
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
There is no right or wrong answer. to each their own and non rs camaro and ss all have their price points going in new and used. A person can take a ls and make it ur own . tires gas prices insurance and how car will be used all play in. get what u can justify. hell i would love a zl1 vert but car is not practical as a dd and cost and ins and maintsience too much. i have a 9 yr old boy i want to put thru college someday. its all priorties. be happy and thankful
Absolutely, Kevin. Consider all the factors, including, as BlueBeast has pointed out, the resale value of the RS package.

I have 3 kids to put through college as well. Finding the balance that is right for your situation is something only YOU can do, after considering all the factors YOU find important.

Good luck!
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
Old 10-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #123
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
Bought the new non rs vert. it is all black. saw it at dealer today. looks great . they got the heritage grill on and flares. looks great with polished 19s. clear bra tomorrow and was and get scratches out. got rubber floor mats too. 65 miles on car and got a decent deal. i paid for grill and bra at cost. dealer supplied flares and rear carpet mats. has nav too
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #124
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Bought the new non rs vert. it is all black. saw it at dealer today. looks great . they got the heritage grill on and flares. looks great with polished 19s. clear bra tomorrow and was and get scratches out. got rubber floor mats too. 65 miles on car and got a decent deal. i paid for grill and bra at cost. dealer supplied flares and rear carpet mats. has nav too
Let me be the to congratulate you . Welcome to the owners team. Enjoy the beast . Don't forget to post pictures . I know you're happy that it is finally over.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #125
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I like the RS package to tell you the truth.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #126
San2cci

Drives: 2010 L99 2SS (25k miles)
I like the RS package but I also enjoy the look of the non RS package. I like the old-school look of the camaro so I felt like the non RS headlights chimed in with it. I did get the high polished wheels though because they look much better than the painted stocks. Do I think the RS package is worth the 1400? Hell no. BUT when buying a $36K+ car what is another 1400 dollars? maybe like 5 dollars a month when financing.

We all get to walk out to our cars every morning and be greatful that we have such nice, fast, amazing cars to drive to work in. (or to dunkin donuts if you are retired)
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:50 PM   #127
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

We all get to walk out to our cars every morning and be greatful that we have such nice, fast, amazing cars to drive to work in. (or to dunkin donuts if you are retired)[/QUOTE]

agree!
Old 10-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #128
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Hey Congrats! Glad you got the options you wanted. Enjoy!
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #129
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Love the RS package.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #130
911medic

Quote:
You will love it!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #131
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
thanks! i saw it yesterday, and the heritage grill and the flares really make it look great. today is clear bra for mirrors and bumper and facia. tomorrow i am supposed to pick it up. i think it will be a fun car.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #132
Lacpac

Drives: Crystal Red Tintcoat
I would go with the RS Package. Love the headlights, and Rims. The wheel package also sets your top speed at 155, wheras the non RS package is 113mph with 18 inch rims and tires. You could always buy a spare set of rims and tires for Winter. Also, like upgrading DRL to LED and buying the harness to keep them on with your headlights. About $110 for both. Really takes the look up a notch.
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #133
Michaels2011

Drives: 2014 2lt/RS
Just went from a 2011LS to a 2014 2LT/RS.. there are more than just tire size & lites….

K&N cai WCC underhood lighting 1LE strut tower brace Custom painted Fuse box/engine covers & strut tower brace
Michaels2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #134
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
It's important to buy what you want. But also, when/if you decide to sell a non-RS, there will be some potential buyers that will balk at that. Sorry to say, but it's true. If the RS is a popular option when new, it'll also be a popular option second or third-hand.

There are a few out there that don't really care or want it, so those will be the ones you can sell to.

One note though, I've heard many go the non-RS that later wish they had, but I've yet to see anyone that did go with RS to regret getting it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #135
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 camaro 1lt RS
IMO, when i see a camaro without the rs package, i think it looks like junk. just my 2 cents
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #136
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I don't think the price is steep at all for what your getting. Have you tried pricing out the HIDS after the fact ? How about the tinted tail lights, or the 20" wheels and tires if you have the LT ... The HIDS alone are around $1200 plust you will need a new harness to go with them ... Start adding up all the little things and you would be surprised just how good of a deal it really is.

Absolutely a hell of a deal if you price the RS features individually. OP... if you don't want all the RS stuff, don't get it. Nobody's forcing you.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Vitesse Throttle Controller, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote