Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #1026
MEY
 
Drives: 2004 Avalanche Z71
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 101
I am about to order some of these for my son's 2010 RS. Are there 2 different wattages? I see a 6W talked about but the link I went to says 4 1W bulb.

And what is the DLR Connector Wiring? Is that for a NON RS and I won't needed it? The video just shows replacing the bulb with nothing extra to do.

Below is the link I am on, is this what I need to order to get the best bulb? Any discounts for members right now?

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/p13w_SALE.aspx
MEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #1027
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEY View Post
I am about to order some of these for my son's 2010 RS. Are there 2 different wattages? I see a 6W talked about but the link I went to says 4 1W bulb.

And what is the DLR Connector Wiring? Is that for a NON RS and I won't needed it? The video just shows replacing the bulb with nothing extra to do.

Below is the link I am on, is this what I need to order to get the best bulb? Any discounts for members right now?

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/p13w_SALE.aspx
Those are the 6W version.
See post #1010 above.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1010
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #1028
MEY
 
Drives: 2004 Avalanche Z71
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Those are the 6W version.
See post #1010 above.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1010
Thanks. I saw that but didn't know if $99.99 was sale price for 6W or regular price for lower wattage.

With the extra $10 DLR Connector I assume you can connect the DLR lights to headlights. But I guess when you do they will always be on. Has anyone cut in a switch to allow you to not run them with the headlights when they are not wanted?
MEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #1029
Powhusku

 
Powhusku's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Laramie/Cody, WY
Posts: 1,686
Your inbox was full so I'm posting my message here.

I currently have your P13W Plasma LED bulbs installed in my 2010 2SS. I really like the bulbs and have been very satisfied with them. A month ago, I hit a tire retread on the interstate that had fallen off a semi truck. Anyways, it broke my passenger side bulb and my bumper will need to be replaced (with a zl1 bumper). So I have two questions.

1. Do you sell single bulbs and if I were to buy one would there be color difference issues between my old bulb and the new one?

2. I saw on your website you also sell the 5202 Plasma LED. What's the difference between it and the P13W bulb and which would closer match my stock headlights (not the halo)?

Feel free to PM me if needed.
__________________
Powhusku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #1030
AACstyle

 
AACstyle's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 6,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powhusku View Post
Your inbox was full so I'm posting my message here.

I currently have your P13W Plasma LED bulbs installed in my 2010 2SS. I really like the bulbs and have been very satisfied with them. A month ago, I hit a tire retread on the interstate that had fallen off a semi truck. Anyways, it broke my passenger side bulb and my bumper will need to be replaced (with a zl1 bumper). So I have two questions.

1. Do you sell single bulbs and if I were to buy one would there be color difference issues between my old bulb and the new one?

2. I saw on your website you also sell the 5202 Plasma LED. What's the difference between it and the P13W bulb and which would closer match my stock headlights (not the halo)?

Feel free to PM me if needed.
I am sorry to hear about the accident!

1) Yes we can sell you a single bulb in this case, not a problem.

2) The 5202 is for the non-RS vehicles. Its essentially the same bulb just a different base. You need the P13W.

If you are indeed getting the ZL1 bumper you may want to pick up a set of matching H11 bulbs for the ZL1 fog lights (you will still need the P13W for the DRL).

I will shoot you a PM with more details
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #1031
Powhusku

 
Powhusku's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Laramie/Cody, WY
Posts: 1,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
I am sorry to hear about the accident!

1) Yes we can sell you a single bulb in this case, not a problem.

2) The 5202 is for the non-RS vehicles. Its essentially the same bulb just a different base. You need the P13W.

If you are indeed getting the ZL1 bumper you may want to pick up a set of matching H11 bulbs for the ZL1 fog lights (you will still need the P13W for the DRL).

I will shoot you a PM with more details
Much appreciated, order placed
__________________
Powhusku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #1032
AACstyle

 
AACstyle's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 6,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powhusku View Post
Much appreciated, order placed
Please let us know if we can assist further in the future

***PLEASE NOTE*** Jonathan (jonathan@aacstyle.com) and myself will be out of the country with a group of US delegates from SEMA attending the MEMTS Show in Dubai from 03.12.13 until 03.18.13. We will not be able to reply to posts or answer PMs during this time so if you have a question or need assistance please be sure to call the office 800-407-5776 or email info@aacstyle.com and someone will be happy to assist you.
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #1033
CamaroPhotos
 
CamaroPhotos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 1LT/RS; 1965 Chevy Impala
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 136
I FINALLY got around to installing these (with the harnesses) and love them! Even with the harnesses it was a piece of cake; although I did have to use a grinder on the connector end of one of the bulbs to get it to 'click' into the housing since the plastic piece was just a bit too long. But still, NBD.

Here are a couple shots of the 'after' with the halos. And please excuse the dirty car...
Attached Images
  
__________________
Signature Under Construction...
CamaroPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #1034
GroundPilot
 
GroundPilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS "Bridgette"
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Altanta, GA
Posts: 270
Which color most closely matches the headlights/halos? I am thinking cool white but wanted to verify.
GroundPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #1035
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

 
Jonathan@AACstyle.com's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 3,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundPilot View Post
Which color most closely matches the headlights/halos? I am thinking cool white but wanted to verify.
White Plasma will be a close match to your factory halo color.
__________________
Jonathan Barber

Questions? Call Us! 1(800)407-5776
Become an Advanced Automotive Concepts fan on Facebook! [CLICK HERE]
Check out our YouTube Channel for our latest Camaro Videos! [CLICK HERE]
Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #1036
chozn4service
Five-O
 
chozn4service's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SSRS RJT
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: +34° 55' 19.15", -117° 53' 22.43"
Posts: 2,368
Would these bulbs cause the DRL 4-channel box to hum? I bought a DRL mod kit from a member using these bulbs and the box hums when the DRLs are on. Thinking the box might be bad I bought another box from AAC and same results so I'm wondering if the bulbs some how are causing this. Never had an issue before using a regular LED bulb which I don't have on hand right now so I'm curious if you all at AAC have experienced this?
__________________
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3832170 : Praise The Lowered!
Flowmaster Catback Exhaust, Vararam intake, Solo HFC, VMax Ported TB, VMax "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Trifecta Tune, Mike Norris Catch Can, DRL Harness, Heritage grill, Razzi GFX, NLP Spoiler, MPD1 Spoiler and more!
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #1037
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

 
Jonathan@AACstyle.com's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 3,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Would these bulbs cause the DRL 4-channel box to hum? I bought a DRL mod kit from a member using these bulbs and the box hums when the DRLs are on. Thinking the box might be bad I bought another box from AAC and same results so I'm wondering if the bulbs some how are causing this. Never had an issue before using a regular LED bulb which I don't have on hand right now so I'm curious if you all at AAC have experienced this?
I have never heard of this happening before but I have heard of relays "chattering" because of the PWM signal.

The person that wired up the controller may have a better answer regarding this question.
Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #1038
Msmall143

 
Msmall143's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,732
Posting here as well

Hi guys,

Yesterday I just started driving and recieved a warning along the lines of "check power something", I pulled over to have a look and turned the car off. I then went to restart and the check engine light came on and multiple warning flashed. It basically looked like it was prompting me through every warning. Again I turned car off. It then wouldn't start for a couple minutes.

It now starts and runs fine with no engine light.

I took it to the dealer this morning and was told they detected there was loss of communication to the BCM.

They told me this was likely do to the upgraded plasma drl's I had installed. I also have the harness that connects the drl to the halos so that they can both be on at the same time.

I'm curious if anyone else has bad issues? And if anyone that is more knowledgable than me can weigh in.

Can switching to plasma bulbs and a simple wiring splice to power them cause the bcm to loose communication and then throw on these warnings?

Is it possible the car wasn't starting because the bcm was rebooting?

FYI...this is a 2013 2ss 1le. The bulbs I bought from phasetek.

Hopefully I get some feedback here

Thanks
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Msmall143; 11-02-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #1039
SSYNRS
It return's the favor !
 
SSYNRS's Avatar
 
Drives: "Synergy" Summit White 2-26-12
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 148
Similar happened to me, I started a thread.
I do not believe it was related to the Plasma's/Splice though.
I installed my Plasmas and Harness on 04-16-2012
Camaro started dying on 05-09-2012 and was fixed at the dealer with the parts below on 05-12-2012 and I have had no issues since.

My Plasmas were from AAC and harness from overridemotorsports

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222589
Engine Control Module - 12633238
Power Control Module - 12633264
__________________


$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

My purchase thread (build to come);
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205615
SSYNRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:48 AM   #1040
Msmall143

 
Msmall143's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSYNRS View Post
Similar happened to me, I started a thread.
I do not believe it was related to the Plasma's/Splice though.
I installed my Plasmas and Harness on 04-16-2012
Camaro started dying on 05-09-2012 and was fixed at the dealer with the parts below on 05-12-2012 and I have had no issues since.

My Plasmas were from AAC and harness from overridemotorsports

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222589
Engine Control Module - 12633238
Power Control Module - 12633264
I just check your thread out. Mine was a bit different. The car never shut off. It basically looks like a communication issue happened and when I turned the car off something needed to be reset. I think the the harness I used from phastek had a diode to prevent back feed. Whic is a major oversize on phastek. The bs is I now see they have a "new product". I bought mine not even a month ago!

How many visits and how much diagnistics did they do before replacing ECM and PCM? I'm assuming it was under warranty or did they give you issues?
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #1041
AACstyle

 
AACstyle's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 6,604
Bump for Swacer
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #1042
nosnah
 
Drives: Camaro lt
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Austin
Posts: 2
Just purchased stock halo's for my 2013 1lt. Is the 5202 the best matching/latest model? And since i now have the halo's with the gen5 harness do i still need the DRL Conncector Wiring with the fogs?

Last edited by nosnah; 04-19-2014 at 06:41 PM.
nosnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #1043
SSYNRS
It return's the favor !
 
SSYNRS's Avatar
 
Drives: "Synergy" Summit White 2-26-12
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 148
nosnah,

Appears that the 5202 is what you need.
For the DRL's I used the harness from "Overridemotorsports" as it was a Plug-N-Play, not a Splice-n-Crimp.
Either would get the job done but one or the other is necessary


Msmall143,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
I just check your thread out. Mine was a bit different. The car never shut off. It basically looks like a communication issue happened and when I turned the car off something needed to be reset. I think the the harness I used from phastek had a diode to prevent back feed. Whic is a major oversize on phastek. The bs is I now see they have a "new product". I bought mine not even a month ago!

How many visits and how much diagnistics did they do before replacing ECM and PCM? I'm assuming it was under warranty or did they give you issues?

WOW, Sorry so long to reply !
The dealer had my car for 5 days as the parts needed to be shipped in -
They diagnosed correctly the 1st time, all covered under warranty.

Thanks for asking !
__________________


$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

My purchase thread (build to come);
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205615
SSYNRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:40 AM   #1044
chozn4service
Five-O
 
chozn4service's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SSRS RJT
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: +34° 55' 19.15", -117° 53' 22.43"
Posts: 2,368
I got a CEL and the dealership said that the code they got relates it to the DRL lights. They cleared and told me if it comes back to bring it back in. I've disconnected the harness and it's not in play, just running the plasmas. When I ran the remote box it hummed and since I bought the box used from another member, I bought a new box and it hummed as well. I think the bulbs is what's causing my issue.
I'd just as soon go back to a standard LED bulb that's close in color warmth as the halos and still use the standard socket. Anyone have that bulb number in what I'm looking for?
__________________
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3832170 : Praise The Lowered!
Flowmaster Catback Exhaust, Vararam intake, Solo HFC, VMax Ported TB, VMax "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Trifecta Tune, Mike Norris Catch Can, DRL Harness, Heritage grill, Razzi GFX, NLP Spoiler, MPD1 Spoiler and more!
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #1045
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

 
Jonathan@AACstyle.com's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 3,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I got a CEL and the dealership said that the code they got relates it to the DRL lights. They cleared and told me if it comes back to bring it back in. I've disconnected the harness and it's not in play, just running the plasmas. When I ran the remote box it hummed and since I bought the box used from another member, I bought a new box and it hummed as well. I think the bulbs is what's causing my issue.
I'd just as soon go back to a standard LED bulb that's close in color warmth as the halos and still use the standard socket. Anyone have that bulb number in what I'm looking for?
If you have the RS model the part number for the LED bulbs is 3607-001 and if you have the Non RS model the part number for the LED bulbs is 3605-001.

Please let me know how I can assist you further with this purchase.
__________________
Jonathan Barber

Questions? Call Us! 1(800)407-5776
Become an Advanced Automotive Concepts fan on Facebook! [CLICK HERE]
Check out our YouTube Channel for our latest Camaro Videos! [CLICK HERE]
Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:38 PM   #1046
slapshot71
 
Drives: inferno orange 2010 ss
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: sacramento,ca
Posts: 26
i just ordered P13W plasma bulbs from AAC… for my 2010 SS camaro ...just installed them.. and they don't work! I've tried both bulbs in each side…clamped down and still nothing!…something I'm missing? Disapointing….
slapshot71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:52 AM   #1047
AACstyle

 
AACstyle's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 6,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot71 View Post
i just ordered P13W plasma bulbs from AAC… for my 2010 SS camaro ...just installed them.. and they don't work! I've tried both bulbs in each side…clamped down and still nothing!…something I'm missing? Disapointing….
Your bulbs are daytime running lights (DRL) which means that in order for the lights to come on:

1) You need to be in the daylight (not in a garage or carport)

2) You need to be in drive, or if you have a manual you need to have the E-brake disengaged.

Hope this helps
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:19 PM   #1048
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

 
Jonathan@AACstyle.com's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 3,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot71 View Post
i just ordered P13W plasma bulbs from AAC… for my 2010 SS camaro ...just installed them.. and they don't work! I've tried both bulbs in each side…clamped down and still nothing!…something I'm missing? Disapointing….
Replied to your PM as well.
__________________
Jonathan Barber

Questions? Call Us! 1(800)407-5776
Become an Advanced Automotive Concepts fan on Facebook! [CLICK HERE]
Check out our YouTube Channel for our latest Camaro Videos! [CLICK HERE]
Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
bulb, camaro, drl, led, p13w

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5th Gen Suspension -- The Book JusticePete Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 148 09-04-2013 02:28 PM
P13W (Camaro RS DRL) ORACLE SMD Replacement Bulbs AACstyle Exterior Parts & Accessories 743 07-07-2013 08:12 AM
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 06:10 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.