Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Sponsors Camaro Builds / Project Cars


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #239
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
Thanks guys for the props! We are pushing..... not a lot of time to be posting.



Unfortunately we haven't been logging everything. We would like to hit 3400 lbs, but its hard to say with all the grinding, fabricating, etc that has been done. We gained some weight back with the cage.


Update:

Over the past several days i have been working on a close out panel for the trunk to separate it from the interior since we lost the rear seats. This stuff hasen taken time. lots of it. It is one of those things that though it may look pretty simple, not many people realize how much time and effort is put into it. Here are some pics.

The template was the first step. Hours of fitting, checking, trimming, trashing, cutting, checking, trimming, you get the idea... the driver and passenger sides were not identical as well so had to do a separate template for each side.

Attachment 546141

Hand cut the panels from the template

Attachment 546142

Made two bends to comply with the frame it will sit against in the trunk.

Attachment 546143

More hours of test fitting, trimming, testing again, etc.. (pic below is unfinished)

Attachment 546144

Cut into the panel to make it a "trim". This trim will frame a solid sheet of carbon fiber. still need to drill holes for small bolts.

Attachment 546145

Attachment 546146
Nice! Def looks like a headache.
__________________
vroomapunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #240
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 10,051
That is going to be one sexy looking rear seat delete!
__________________
kjkjr27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #241
www.MorenoMotorsports.com
~ G5Carbon.com ~

 
www.MorenoMotorsports.com's Avatar
 
Drives: G5.R
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Nice! Def looks like a headache.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
That is going to be one sexy looking rear seat delete!
Thanks guys!

here is an update.

Has to be be the single largest piece of flat sheet carbon ever, LOl. Wait till you guys see what we did with the firewall. Stay tuned.


Name:  101.jpg
Views: 1815
Size:  404.8 KB


Name:  102.jpg
Views: 1822
Size:  107.1 KB


Name:  103.jpg
Views: 1804
Size:  142.5 KB


Name:  111.jpg
Views: 1810
Size:  122.5 KB
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32176&dateline=1430409495 border=0 alt= />
www.MorenoMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #242
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
Thanks guys!

here is an update.

Has to be be the single largest piece of flat sheet carbon ever, LOl. Wait till you guys see what we did with the firewall. Stay tuned.


Take that damn tape off!
__________________
vroomapunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #243
alcal1084
 
Drives: 2012 45TH AE SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 487
Your car is amazing cant wait to see it finished!!! Do you guys think it will still be done on time for sema?
alcal1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #244
www.MorenoMotorsports.com
~ G5Carbon.com ~

 
www.MorenoMotorsports.com's Avatar
 
Drives: G5.R
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Take that damn tape off!
LOL patience grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcal1084 View Post
Your car is amazing cant wait to see it finished!!! Do you guys think it will still be done on time for sema?
That's the goal. Once it comes from paint, we will be 90% there.

Quick update:

We are sending the wheel to DCT to make us a one off deal. They specialize in Ferraris, Lambos, Audis, etc.

They do incredible work and can literally do anything. Every request we have made has been met with the response "No problem"

We are going to take some ideas from all the wheels below to come up with something unique for G5.R....For a special treat, visit their Facebook page DCTMotorsport
Name:  7066_10151400896650776_721227129_n.jpg
Views: 1784
Size:  73.8 KB


Name:  550027_10150599370070776_1410665158_n.jpg
Views: 1785
Size:  120.3 KB


Name:  549788_10150599379025776_154046572_n.jpg
Views: 1713
Size:  126.1 KB


Name:  2013-Gemballa-McLaren-12C-GT-Spider-Interior-Steering-Wheel-1920x1200.jpg
Views: 1716
Size:  129.5 KB

They are are making us a few other pieces which will compliment the Cobra seats to bring the interior to a whole new level.


Name:  530776_10151180258250776_1021363183_n.jpg
Views: 1703
Size:  25.1 KB


Name:  305577_10150781991440776_1936593313_n.jpg
Views: 1699
Size:  31.5 KB

Stay tuned
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32176&dateline=1430409495 border=0 alt= />

Last edited by www.MorenoMotorsports.com; 08-30-2013 at 10:34 PM.
www.MorenoMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #245
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
LOL patience grasshopper

That's the goal. Once it comes from paint, we will be 90% there.

Quick update:

We are sending the wheel to DCT to make us a one off deal. They specialize in Ferraris, Lambos, Audis, etc.

They do incredible work and can literally do anything. Every request we have made has been met with the response "No problem"

We are going to take some ideas from all the wheels below to come up with something unique for G5.R....For a special treat, visit their Facebook page DCTMotorsport

They are are making us a few other pieces which will compliment the Cobra seats to bring the interior to a whole new level.


Stay tuned

One of the many reasons its just as easy to drop like 10 grand on an interior as it is anywhere else on a car.
__________________
vroomapunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:53 PM   #246
RayTheRat
Goofy old fart,salt racer
 
RayTheRat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS: making progress!
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The High Desert
Posts: 127
I've followed this thread (and that little one that started out as relocating a few things under the hood) and I've seen Pfadt's name mentioned numerous times. I thought I'd post a photo of Aaron Pfadt leading George Smith (both in Corvettes, George is also a user of Pfadt products) and one of 'em taking different lines thru a turn (the Turn 5 hairpin at Miller Motorsports Park) in 2010. I was a track photographer there until sports car racing took a back seat to off-road stuff. I have no interest in that at all.

I can't remember if Aaron ever got any of my photos, but I sure enjoyed seeing him, George and J R Smith (no relation to George, but another Pfadt customer/sponsee) race.

There are a lotta road racing photos on my primary website: http://www.chevyasylum.com/Welcome.html (click on the Road Racing thumbnail, then select a year, then an event and so on) as well as other car stuff. I primarily do car shows and Land Speed Racing now. I've retired as a freelance photographer, but still shoot what I like.

Btw, I just finished doing a complete undercoating job on my 2010 2SSRS prior to racing it on the salt flats. Another wonna them "it started out as a little bitty thing..." deals. I'm just about ready to put it back together. I better hurry cuz I gotta have it on the trailer in 4 days. I'll post photos of that project in another thread.
Attached Images
   
__________________
RayTheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #247
www.MorenoMotorsports.com
~ G5Carbon.com ~

 
www.MorenoMotorsports.com's Avatar
 
Drives: G5.R
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,089
Quick Update: In our quest to loss as much weight as possible, we've been working with Forgeline on a set 19 by 11 set-up GA1R open lug design. This is a picture we took at PRI when we first fell in love with these wheels. Still have a few details we are ironing out as far as finish and a couple of other things. For threads, we are leaning towards the Toyo R888 305 all the way around.

Name:  DSC00949.jpg
Views: 1492
Size:  91.4 KB

Stay tuned for more as SEMA is just around the corner.
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32176&dateline=1430409495 border=0 alt= />
www.MorenoMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:06 AM   #248
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]
 
Lil' Nasty's Avatar
 
Drives: Supercharged V6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,390
Love reading this thread, but question about your calipers Nathan, how do you plan to bolt them on? I have some Zo6 calipers and not sure if they will need some brackets (if they make them?) or just bolt onto the spindle.

Those look NICE btw

Edit: unless those are made for the Camaro specifically, ignore my question lol
__________________
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #249
ZL575BumbleBee

 
ZL575BumbleBee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ZL575 Bumble Bee
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 905
Nathan - what booth are you guys going to be in at Sema. I want to see the car before some big roller offers you guys a bunch of Money at Sema.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Quick Update: In our quest to loss as much weight as possible, we've been working with Forgeline on a set 19 by 11 set-up GA1R open lug design. This is a picture we took at PRI when we first fell in love with these wheels. Still have a few details we are ironing out as far as finish and a couple of other things. For threads, we are leaning towards the Toyo R888 305 all the way around.

Attachment 563608

Stay tuned for more as SEMA is just around the corner.
__________________
ZL575BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #250
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,098
Those wheels look great, and will fit perfectly with the theme
__________________
vroomapunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #251
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck
 
Drew10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
LOL patience grasshopper



That's the goal. Once it comes from paint, we will be 90% there.

Quick update:

We are sending the wheel to DCT to make us a one off deal. They specialize in Ferraris, Lambos, Audis, etc.

They do incredible work and can literally do anything. Every request we have made has been met with the response "No problem"

We are going to take some ideas from all the wheels below to come up with something unique for G5.R....For a special treat, visit their Facebook page DCTMotorsport
Attachment 551984


Attachment 551985

Stay tuned
I checked their site out. Will they have these for sale or are they all custom one off?
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #252
LC
ou mai gad
 
LC's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 2SS x2
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MX
Posts: 643
Now those are some serious wheels, glad you changed them!
__________________
LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #253
woodside783
Casey Woodside
 
woodside783's Avatar
 
Drives: a very fun car
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tn
Posts: 1,896
A6 on the wheels
__________________
Instagram @caseywoodside
http://youtu.be/CSc9aPh_X_w
woodside783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #254
www.MorenoMotorsports.com
~ G5Carbon.com ~

 
www.MorenoMotorsports.com's Avatar
 
Drives: G5.R
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Those look NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Those wheels look great, and will fit perfectly with the theme
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodside783 View Post
A6 on the wheels
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
Now those are some serious wheels, glad you changed them!
I thought you would like them, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee View Post
Nathan - what booth are you guys going to be in at Sema. I want to see the car before some big roller offers you guys a bunch of Money at Sema.
Race Ramps, Are you going to be at SEMA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
I checked their site out. Will they have these for sale or are they all custom one off?
Drew you can get a set, just call Steve at Forgeline.

Quick Update:

Car getting prep for paint

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 2111
Size:  98.1 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 2123
Size:  113.3 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 2121
Size:  107.7 KB

Car was painted on Thursday but I don't have those pictures yet. Should be cutting a buffing today and be ready for pick up next Friday. That's the plan and we are sticking to it.

Spent all week ordering parts and we are still not done!
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32176&dateline=1430409495 border=0 alt= />
www.MorenoMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #255
alcal1084
 
Drives: 2012 45TH AE SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 487
What color are you going with again?
alcal1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.