Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #276
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,455
Finished my tail lights, picture thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320538.

Last pic is how they look off
Attached Images
          
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #277
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Finished my tail lights, picture thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320538.

Last pic is how they look off
That looks good man! How long did it take you and how hard was it?
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #278
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
That looks good man! How long did it take you and how hard was it?
Man, its mind-blowingly easy.

Take the tails out, use a dremel with a cutting disc, cut along the hump in the housing, slide the aluminum piece in, test fit on the car and adjust the piece to center it with the lights on, then screw it down and add silicone all the openings.

Its about an hour of work, 10 mins to take em out, 10 mins to cut, 10 mins to center, 10 mins to screw down and silicone, 10 mins to reinstall.

Granted, I bought the aluminum pieces from Savage in the following DIY thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235878.

He charged me 5$ lol, I sent him 15$. But I could have easily made them, just cut them out of a sheet of aluminum with snips. But he is offering to send them to people if they pay shipping.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #279
Kartashian
SoCal HT5
 
Kartashian's Avatar
 
Drives: The Punisher
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 625
Nice work on the tail lights, looking great
__________________
Kartashian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #280
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartashian View Post
Nice work on the tail lights, looking great
Thanks! Your car is awesome as hell! I like the way they came out, the more expensive options definitely look better but oh well, cant beat $15!
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #281
Kartashian
SoCal HT5
 
Kartashian's Avatar
 
Drives: The Punisher
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Thanks! Your car is awesome as hell! I like the way they came out, the more expensive options definitely look better but oh well, cant beat $15!

Hehe yeah defiantly. Getting my new SS now, a lot of mods are coming in this week. Keep your eyes open
__________________
Kartashian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #282
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5
 
SilverSlayer-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Muscat-Oman
Posts: 1,296
woow vroom ! car looks great ! COTW for october next week hopefully !
__________________
SilverSlayer-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #283
DwRed1LTV6


 
Drives: '13 VR 1LT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gateway to the West
Posts: 2,655
Good looking CRT SS

Great build ! ! !
__________________
2013 Camaro 1LT/Auto/18's/Sunroof/Spare Tire.
Formerly known as Silver85IrocZ !!
RotoFab-Cai, 1LE strut bar, Gm 4 pack guages,
G.S. Hashmarks, Gill stripes, Camaro letters and
Bowties in 3d Carbon vinyl,
Opti-coat 2.0 Applied, Abs rear louvers,
hydro-dipped fog lamp bezels.
Built on or about 5 Jun 13 7:58 am - Adopted 5 Jul 13
DwRed1LTV6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #284
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS View Post
woow vroom ! car looks great ! COTW for october next week hopefully !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver85IrocZ View Post
Good looking CRT SS

Great build ! ! !

Thanks guys
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #285
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,521
Very cool dude, love that look but just havent been brave enough to cut apart my tail lights haha
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #286
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
Very cool dude, love that look but just havent been brave enough to cut apart my tail lights haha
Thanks! I didnt want to do that either, the method I did just requires you to make a slit on top, not putting them in an oven and taking off the whole lens. Its easy!
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #287
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Thanks! I didnt want to do that either, the method I did just requires you to make a slit on top, not putting them in an oven and taking off the whole lens. Its easy!
haha your still braver than me my friend, but hey it paid off they look great
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #288
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
haha your still braver than me my friend, but hey it paid off they look great
thank you sir, noticed today one has moisture in it, have to pull it back out and figure out how to get it to dry out
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #289
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5
 
SilverSlayer-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Muscat-Oman
Posts: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
thank you sir, noticed today one has moisture in it, have to pull it back out and figure out how to get it to dry out
damn man ! i hope you figure it out
__________________
SilverSlayer-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #290
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS View Post
damn man ! i hope you figure it out
Well, last time I dried them out, i sat them in front of fans, blow dryers, and in the warming drawer of my oven for about 16 hours in total. I guess that one needs to come out on a friday night and sit in front of a fan all weekend haha, when I was washing the plastic shavings out of the housing with water I never would have dreamed it would be so hard to get the water out of these damn things hahaha
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #291
Sky
 
Sky's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RSky Edition
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 296
Nice job jumping on the tail lights! Also I don't know if you went with the white silicone intentionally but I switched from clear to white half way through doing mine haha. Looks good bro.
__________________
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #292
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,521
Cam??? Come on man your killing me i need to hear this thing
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #293
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
Nice job jumping on the tail lights! Also I don't know if you went with the white silicone intentionally but I switched from clear to white half way through doing mine haha. Looks good bro.
Thanks man! I bought clear, but it came out white, and the thinner parts started to dry clear, it was very strange lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
Cam??? Come on man your killing me i need to hear this thing
I wish I could install it sooner, but I wont have the time until december. I still dont have all the parts yet anyway, but Ill need a good weekend to do the whole thing.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #294
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,455
FINALLY! GM and my dealer have agreed to open up my rear end and fix whatever the hell has been causing a clunking noise for the past year and a half.

Ive been back and forth with them since I got the car, fixed one rear end noise with friction modifier and fluid but I havent been able to get the tech to hear the clunking noise during my 5 or 6 visits to the dealer since I got the car.

I was nervous because they sent the file in on my ecu, and they might be able to say the tune caused the damage (even though the damage was there bone stock), but GM approved it yesterday.

So ill be dropping her off on monday. I definitely didnt want this problem lingering after I install my cam and stall.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #295
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,563
Tell us more about the conditions that produce the noise. Low speeds, in reverse, hard take offs... ect.
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #296
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Tell us more about the conditions that produce the noise. Low speeds, in reverse, hard take offs... ect.
It does happen often in reverse.

But its always on accel and decel. At low speeds. It does happen when you are braking to a stop sign from a 2 to 1 shift, feels like somethig gets in a bind and then clunks, then it will clunk again when you release the brake to go thru the stop sign etc.

One day it did it about 10 times when I was leaving the "L" shaped parking lot at work. Just a clunk clunk clunk in no specific rhythm with any other part of the drive train.

Sometimes it feels like something is in a bind, other times it feels like there is just way to much slack, lash, or play in the rear end and everything is just rocking back and forth on its own when its not under load for a sec.

Definitely not supposed to happen, way too loud, and way to frequent (and infrequent if you know what I mean). It should either be never, or 100% of the time if it was supposed to be that way.

Seems to do it more when the car is cold/sits for a few hours.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #297
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
It does happen often in reverse.

But its always on accel and decel. At low speeds. It does happen when you are braking to a stop sign from a 2 to 1 shift, feels like somethig gets in a bind and then clunks, then it will clunk again when you release the brake to go thru the stop sign etc.

One day it did it about 10 times when I was leaving the "L" shaped parking lot at work. Just a clunk clunk clunk in no specific rhythm with any other part of the drive train.

Sometimes it feels like something is in a bind, other times it feels like there is just way to much slack, lash, or play in the rear end and everything is just rocking back and forth on its own when its not under load for a sec.

Definitely not supposed to happen, way too loud, and way to frequent (and infrequent if you know what I mean). It should either be never, or 100% of the time if it was supposed to be that way.

Seems to do it more when the car is cold/sits for a few hours.
Glad to hear the problem is getting fixed broski
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #298
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5
 
SilverSlayer-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Muscat-Oman
Posts: 1,296
glad to hear its being fixed !
__________________
SilverSlayer-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #299
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
Glad to hear the problem is getting fixed broski
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS View Post
glad to hear its being fixed !
Thanks guys! Shes there now, they gave me a blue Chevy Cruze.

Its realllllly slow, but it has auto climate control and push button start, so im a tad jealous of that lol
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #300
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,473
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Good deal on them stepping up to fix the rear.... That must have been frustrating...

Post up the results if they figure it out and fix it as opposed to just replacing parts until it goes away...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
beige, black, crystal, l99, red

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.