Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 10-13-2013, 03:33 AM   #26
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Their warranty is a joke. If you have any bolt-ons its voided, if you have a different pulley its voided, if you tune it its voided, if you don't pay one of their authorized installers its voided. Just put your money in a shredder as its equally effective and useful.
This is basically what SLP told me about their TVS2300. No CAI, no cats, headers, etc. A catback was acceptable. And the SLP unit is not CARB certified. Are you refering to the Magnuson TVS2300? Same warranty issues?
Old 10-13-2013, 03:42 AM   #27
SS PANTHER

Which unit is the most reliable and best for the street for cars producing less than 600rwhp. I think the Magnuson is the most proven because it's been around longer. Just curious, as I mentioned previously in this thread I have a 13 year old 4Runner with a 160k miles on my Eaton TRD roots style supercharger. No service or problems.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:58 AM   #28
Synner

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
This is basically what SLP told me about their TVS2300. No CAI, no cats, headers, etc. A catback was acceptable. And the SLP unit is not CARB certified. Are you refering to the Magnuson TVS2300? Same warranty issues?
Correct.

Both kits are top notch and I've seen good customer support from both companies. I like whipple's heat exchanger better but realistically either will suite the needs of most people on here at similar boost levels, especially on a stock bottom end. You can find better deals on the magnuson so it comes down to personal preference and if you think "size matters".
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:17 AM   #29
SS PANTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Correct.

Both kits are top notch and I've seen good customer support from both companies. I like whipple's heat exchanger better but realistically either will suite the needs of most people on here at similar boost levels, especially on a stock bottom end. You can find better deals on the magnuson so it comes down to personal preference and if you think "size matters".
Thanks. I knew the Magnuson was CARB certified for CA and I looked up and found that the Whipple is also CARB certified for CA. With all our restrictions it is ironic to see both are California companies.